Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's comics accurate. The classic Scarecrow didn't wear gloves. And Jim Aparo wasn't being paid to do a redesign. More likely, if Aparo or Joe Staton had got things wrong they would hear about it from fans, like me, who'd write in to point out they were being unfaithful to the original source material.

In fact, my quibble with the cover isn't Scarecrow, it's Batman and Catwoman who look more like the Earth-One versions and not so much like the Earth-Two characters they're supposed to be. Staton and George Freeman showed greater fidelity inside the comic.

However, when it came to B&B, I didn't quibble that much as long as Haney and Aparo were doing the work. They had special artistic license not to conform to continuity. But generally I think Jim Aparo was probably given reference art for the hundreds of characters he had to draw in these team-ups and he just did his best to follow the model sheets without inventing anything new.
    And he delivered the work on time every month. He has been gone from us for a while now. He died in 2005 at the age of 72

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

One of my favorite stories is the team up with the Joker to solve the murder of the Penguin. B&B #191.

BB191.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    One of my favorite stories is the team up with the Joker to solve the murder of the Penguin. B&B #191.

BB191.jpg
    That is great!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Penguin had a handful of appearances in B&B. My favorite PENGUIN cover is from B&B #166.

BB166.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post

This was one of my favorites
    He always asks all the right questions. That's why he's the world's greatest detective.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Penguin had a handful of appearances in B&B. My favorite PENGUIN cover is from B&B #166.

BB166.jpg
    My favorite Penguin cover is Rogers

Retired

Far and away the best Penguin cover--

--the inside story isn't so great--I liked the Englehart and Rogers story more--but that cover design by Infantino & Giella is spectacular.

BANNED

Far and away the best Penguin cover--

--the inside story isn't so great--I liked the Englehart and Rogers story more--but that cover design by Infantino & Giella is spectacular.
    ROFL

Indeed - entertaining cover.

Amazing Member

Every time that I almost purchase a copy of 190.. I always fall back and say no.. I want a better condition copy. (there are soooooooooo many copies of this book in terrible condition being circulated right now..) But that cover........ so much white-space that its hard to find a book that is still clean without paying extortionist prices.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbruns View Post
    Every time that I almost purchase a copy of 190.. I always fall back and say no.. I want a better condition copy. (there are soooooooooo many copies of this book in terrible condition being circulated right now..) But that cover........ so much white-space that its hard to find a book that is still clean without paying extortionist prices.
    it is not cheap

Retired

Covers with lots of white or lots of black are the hardest to keep in fine condition. The white gets dirty and the black wears off (have a few comics with my thumbprints on them).

BANNED

WHo is on the cover?

BANNED

Covers with lots of white or lots of black are the hardest to keep in fine condition. The white gets dirty and the black wears off (have a few comics with my thumbprints on them).

Black Covers?

Retired

My original copies of these ones did not fare well--

BANNED

Square Backs are the hardest to get in fine condition. It was the bugaboo with the Silver Surfer series