Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Blood Shot #1 with BSW cover

In many ways, this is the real start of the Modern Valiant.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-27-2018 at 02:24 PM.

So "90's". Can I buy 20 copies with 725M2 mylars & boards please?

Somebody slap me silly with a still sealed box of Venom: Lethal Protector #1 with the red foil background please.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 10-01-2018 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Red foil Venom

Didn't Barry Windsor-Smith do that cover for Bloodshot #1?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Old Valiant had produced good quality comics. The New Valiant is only a pale shadow of its predecessor.
    That is mostly true and it is very fustrating. Valiant was one amazing title after the next until they pushed Shooter out of it. I remember sitting on the couch reading the first Mangus the Robot Fighter with the scene opening to the whale in the ocean and it was so visually stimulating I gasped. The Solar work was awesome. You has BWS, Layton, Lamphan, Sears and more and they churned out astonishing book after astonishing book... just amazing work.

I have to do a major write up one day on Valiant. In my top 20 comic runs in history, I have 2 Valiants included. I could have easy chosen two more ...

Solar 8 is a book to never be forgotten

http://www.mrbrklyn.com/comics.html#...rcher_amstrong

BANNED

eh - actually I had 3 in the top 20 ...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Old Valiant had produced good quality comics. The New Valiant is only a pale shadow of its predecessor.
    Im not sure how good it used to be, I can only assume that's high praise

for me, I love everything I get from them, I just cannot get enough if the current stuff

I think I'll have to hunt down the old material too from what you say, shooter was excellent in many ways imo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Im not sure how good it used to be, I can only assume that's high praise

for me, I love everything I get from them, I just cannot get enough if the current stuff

I think I'll have to hunt down the old material too from what you say, shooter was excellent in many ways imo

the new material is often good but the books are too short.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Well, isn't that more of a problem with current comics and not Valiant? They are the same in length as most modern comics, and most modern comics are 22ish pages, cause that's how long comics are now adays.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Well, isn't that more of a problem with current comics and not Valiant? They are the same in length as most modern comics, and most modern comics are 22ish pages, cause that's how long comics are now adays.
    Valiant is not even going 22 pages though. Like 14 pages with big splash pages? It is very tough, especially at the premium prices

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Valiant is not even going 22 pages though. Like 14 pages with big splash pages? It is very tough, especially at the premium prices
    Are we counting the same comics? Haha. And yeah, some comics use too many splash pages, I agree. But I don't find that a problem in the Val books I read. But agree to disagree, I guess haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Are we counting the same comics? Haha. And yeah, some comics use too many splash pages, I agree. But I don't find that a problem in the Val books I read. But agree to disagree, I guess haha.
    I have to actually go back and count the pages, and you are right, they are 23 pages. But they read very fast and are dominated by spash pages. It took me about 30 minutes to read 3 of the latest XO books. That is the story about the colusium and the dreamer into this new storyline on agent. I took me about an hour to read "The Dreaming" issue 2, just to compare.

It is interesting, actually. How quickly does one want the reader to go through the book? When I read American Flagg! for the first time, it took me a couple of hours to get through it and I had to go back and reread it, to learn the characters, because he threw them at you so fast.

Astonishing Member

Im getting it in trade so that hasn't struck me

Are their floppies shorter than other publishers or were they longer in the 90s

or do you mean by story arc coz I've noticed it's mostly 4 issue runs

BANNED

Im getting it in trade so that hasn't struck me

Are their floppies shorter than other publishers or were they longer in the 90s

or do you mean by story arc coz I've noticed it's mostly 4 issue runs
    I was wrong. They are 23 pages (at least xo were). They are just much less dense in material.

Astonishing Member

I was wrong. They are 23 pages (at least xo were). They are just much less dense in material.
    Gotta say I don't find this, I find marvel books very light on content generally for a standard book, valiant I have found quite weighty reads

BANNED

Gotta say I don't find this, I find marvel books very light on content generally for a standard book, valiant I have found quite weighty reads
    MArvel hasn't been putting out quality either... so that much I agree with