Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Arrowverse Crossover - Elseworlds

The name of this years crossover is called Elseworlds and also The Monitor has been cast

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    The name of this years crossover is called Elseworlds and also The Monitor has been cast

I was thinking after Crisis on Earth-X that the only way to top that as a crossover would be a full on Crisis of Infinite Earths-style story, but even though the Monitor is involved and the story will likely deal with the Multiverse I expect it will be a much more smaller-scale story.

I wonder if they are going to use this opportunity to fold all the different universes into one , so that all of the Arrowverse shows take place in the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wonder if they are going to use this opportunity to fold all the different universes into one , so that all of the Arrowverse shows take place in the same universe.
    That is what I am hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    That is what I am hoping for.
    It would make things much cleaner. Though it makes you wonder what they'd do with Black Lightning. Ignore it? mention it occasionally? Maybe try for a crossover in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It would make things much cleaner. Though it makes you wonder what they'd do with Black Lightning. Ignore it? mention it occasionally? Maybe try for a crossover in the future?
    I don't know if it would do that, because then you would have to retroactively account for Earth-38 being on Earth-1 during the past seasons of Arrow, Flash, and Legends, which would probably to some degree effect the stories of the past shows where there wasn't a Metropolis, Superman, etc. in that universe.

Granted, they've basically written their animated adaptions out-of-continuity with the live-action shows, so I guess they wouldn't be against big continuity changes like that

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if it would do that, because then you would have to retroactively account for Earth-38 being on Earth-1 during the past seasons of Arrow, Flash, and Legends, which would probably to some degree effect the stories of the past shows where there wasn't a Metropolis, Superman, etc. in that universe.

Granted, they've basically written their animated adaptions out-of-continuity with the live-action shows, so I guess they wouldn't be against big continuity changes like that
    No, that is the whole point of a crisis event. To combine all the Earths together. Afterwards Supergirl, Superman, Green Arrow and Flash have always lived on the same Earth and everyone has known
    about everyone else all along. What happened in past seasons no longer matters because those Earths no longer exist.

No, that is the whole point of a crisis event. To combine all the Earths together. Afterwards Supergirl, Superman, Green Arrow and Flash have always lived on the same Earth and everyone has known
    about everyone else all along. What happened in past seasons no longer matters because those Earths no longer exist.
    I can't see how that's a good thing .

I know the original Crisis was about merging the Earth's but there have been various other crisis' in the history of the DCU.

I can't see how that's a good thing .

I know the original Crisis was about merging the Earth's but there have been various other crisis' in the history of the DCU.
    Before no one had heard of Superman on Earth-1. There was no mention of Superman. Now in this new continuity they have known about Superman being on their Earth all along.

Before no one had heard of Superman on Earth-1. There was no mention of Superman. Now in this new continuity they have known about Superman being on their Earth all along.
    With Supergirl being their central Super character they should had started season 2 with her coming to CW by literally coming to Earth-1 with her, Alex, Winn, and J'onn being stuck on Earth-1 or migrated there for some reason then you have them building New Lives. J'onn meets Miss Martian who has been hiding on Earth, Alex possibly going to work for Argus, Kara getting a Job at L Corp and meeting Lena and wondering if the Luthors of Earth-1 are not the same devious people from her world. Also the added story of is Krypton still in the Earth-1 universe and not destroyed. I just think there would had been more to mine for stories for characters to explore over just merging. But its all moot but just my thoughts.

I think that kind of takes away from the mythos of Earth-1 and how important the debut of The Flash was if it's a world where Superman has always been a thing.

(And I say this as someone who's usually a fan of a merged Earth).

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    With Supergirl being their central Super character they should had started season 2 with her coming to CW by literally coming to Earth-1 with her, Alex, Winn, and J'onn being stuck on Earth-1 or migrated there for some reason then you have them building New Lives. J'onn meets Miss Martian who has been hiding on Earth, Alex possibly going to work for Argus, Kara getting a Job at L Corp and meeting Lena and wondering if the Luthors of Earth-1 are not the same devious people from her world. Also the added story of is Krypton still in the Earth-1 universe and not destroyed. I just think there would had been more to mine for stories for characters to explore over just merging. But its all moot but just my thoughts.
    Winn and jimmy ended up being superfluous, but i think alex and j’onn were essential. We could’ve skipped over the whole cadmus bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Winn and jimmy ended up being superfluous, but i think alex and j’onn were essential. We could’ve skipped over the whole cadmus bit too.
    Could Cadmus have been a rogue faction of Argus? And the ending of season 2 would have been an entirely different story. I can't see Daximites invading Earth and Oliver and Barry being
    totally oblivious to it. Especially having dealt with the Dominators earlier in the season.

Could Cadmus have been a rogue faction of Argus? And the ending of season 2 would have been an entirely different story. I can't see Daximites invading Earth and Oliver and Barry being
    totally oblivious to it. Especially having dealt with the Dominators earlier in the season.
    They kind of dropped Cadmus being part of the US government in season 2 when they also dropped Cadmus entirely for pretty much all of season 3.

They kind of dropped Cadmus being part of the US government in season 2 when they also dropped Cadmus entirely for pretty much all of season 3.
    I meant if all the Earth were combined how would Argus and Cadmus be related, or would they be two seperate entities.

It sort of seemed that Lillian had briefly regrouped Cadmus in the season 3 episode where Morgan Edge tried to kill Lena with poison. She was in some sort of large facility with some high tech equipment.
    But yeah, Cadmus sort of dropped out of sight for most of the season. I wonder with Agent Liberty if they are going to revive Cadmus.