Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    And Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum seemed interested in how the Crossovers work so I think they could get them back for Earth-Smallville

I’m hoping for Earth-Gotham to show up
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Normal I would complain about something and these shows aren't perfect but DC has shows on TV that work together which have

Superman
    Supergirl
    BatGirl
    Flash
    Martian Manhunter
    Firestorm
    Atom
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    HawkGirl/Hawkman
    John Diggle(John Stewart)

Black Lightning
    Mr.Terrific
    Vixen
    Vibe
    Gypsy
    Killer Frost
    Plastic Man
    Brainiac

We are a Wonder Woman and Aquaman character away from every major Justice League character being represented and that is crazy.
    Imagine if they could get Mamoa and Gadot for the Crossover
    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    And Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum seemed interested in how the Crossovers work so I think they could get them back for Earth-Smallville

I’m hoping for Earth-Gotham to show up
    Personally, I'd like to see Rosenbaum back for Wally instead of Lex XD

(Quoted from the Supergirl Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Melissa Benoist indicates Supergirl will have a big role in the crossover.

https://screenrant.com/melissa-benoi...#leave-comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    What she actually says is that she has a 'a really fun role in this dilemma'. How big that is remains to be seen. Let's be honest, she's been a supporting character in her own show for the last few seasons.

Add in to that, her poor treatment in the two previous crossovers and the additional presence this time around of two Supermen and Batwoman, I'll be very surprised if Supergirl has any real significant part to play in this event.
    Called it.

Needless to say, I wasn't remotely surprised how little contribution Kara made to the crossover. Given how little agency or focus she has on her own show, what chance did she have with Olly, Barry AND Superman in the mix?

As it turns out, none whatsoever. The main story revolved around Arrow and Flash with Kara having minimal input into the first two episodes. And then we get the big finale as an episode of Supergirl... and she was still basically just a background character with even Superman having more to do.

All Kara did was get overpowered by Deegan-Supes (because of course the nerfing has to be strong when the Supergirl writers are involved) and then fly a bit fast around the world a few times. And even then, she had to do it with Barry because God forbid they actually gave Supergirl one single moment of her own in this crossover. Or on her own show.

Maybe for people that aren't fans of Supergirl, it was possible to enjoy this crossover. But as a fan of the character, this was basically just another in a long line of insults to a character that the writers legitimately seems to have zero interest in whatsoever.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Seemed more like a scarab to me.

Waid and (Brian) Augustyn aka the co-writers of lot of the Wally Flash era.
    Thank you very much! I really appreciate the answer! Thank you!

By the way, the nameless chauffeur who picked up Oliver, Barry, and Kara; I wonder if he's going to be Kate's 'Alfred.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    What deal did Oliver make with the Monitor? I'm worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by VGCinema View Post
    All of the energy that was coming off of Flash and Supergirl transferred over to John, so I just figured Oliver sacrificed Deggan's life in exchange for Kara and Barry's. I could be wrong though.
    Hmm . . . makes sense to me. My theory of the Monitor's Law of Equivalent Exchange is Oliver's life (after or during the Crisis) and the memories of his secret identity going public.

I wondered how Oliver knew fake Superman was Deegan.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I was kind of hoping they would go with Kingdom Come rather than CoIE
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Burt Ward needs to hire a trainer so he can get in shape to play either batman, Nightwing or Red Robin
    Combine both ideas: Have him be a retired superhero from the Kingdom Come dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    If they are going to do Crisis, EVERY show should be involved. Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends, Batwoman (if it gets picked up. If not, she guests in the crossover again), and Black Lightning as well. Bring back Shipp as Older Barry, try to get Welling as an alternate Superman.
    I really wanted to see Barry's reaction when Shipp identified himself as Barry

Makes sense if every show is involved in the Crisis.

I would love to see the characters of Black Lighting interact with the other Arrowverse characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Lets hope none of the shows get canceled after season finales.
    I agree

The Degan opening was fun.

I'll say this- the comedy this year has been superb.

I did like when reality was reset, the elevator doors opened and Dig and Killer Frost were just out cold.

Brainy gets the second best fight of the episode, and we don't even see it.

Did they really pull a Donner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    But I feel like they wanted to play with Barry and Kara dying as a nod to COIE. Which . . .

I think they melded it with Barry's death in COIE. The disintegrating thing seems to make that pretty clear.
    I think it's both an homoage to Donner and Supergirl's and Barry's deaths.

"This is kinda becoming an annual thing, isn't it?"

I wish we'd seen what happened to Earth-1 Alex.
    Actually, with the scene with Killer Frost talking to Alex, I thought the writers were going to make those two a couple

And they write off Lois and Clark. Boo. Although it's amusing that Clark proposed to Lois on her second appearance, and it took Dean Cain's superman 3 seasons to do it back in the 90's
    Plus, a baby! Yay! I love to see the wedding, plus Supergirl organizing a baby shower for Lois.

Of course, Lois is going to give birth in the middle of the Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Holy crap they are actually going to do Crisis on Infinite Earths!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Say what you want about the CW shows but they are willing to unapologetic go full comic book and I love it.
    I really hope the writers don't screw up, but it seems from each crossover, they learn from their mistakes.

I guess the Anit-Monitor already contacted Psycho Pirate.

My biggest hope is after the Crisis is that NO MORE MAKING THE ALREADY ESTABLISHED HEROES THE VILLAINS!

(Takes deeps breath) I apologize, I needed to vent that.

There are two dimensions I would like to see before the Crisis:

-The Dreaming: I would like to see it animated the same way likeLoving Vincent or Shakespeare: The Animated Tales.

-Earth 26: Home to Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew and film it like Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Thank you for your time and patience

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    All that takes is for the GCPD to take the official stance that Batman doesn't exist.
    With the nod to Nolan's trilogy with the DKR Bane mask it makes me think this Batman was like that very low key and grounded and thus able to be dismissed as a urban legend.

There is a slight another nod Batman went missing about 3 years ago around 2015 right around when Nolan's Batman did.

Batman Begins came out in 05 and Bruce turned 30 in the film which was close to Bale's age so going with it was 2005 in Begins then about a year later or so in Dark Knight making it 06 than DKR would be about 2014 and since months went by in that film it could had been 2015 when Bruce went MIA leaving Gotham at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Normal I would complain about something and these shows aren't perfect but DC has shows on TV that work together which have

Superman
    Supergirl
    BatGirl
    Flash
    Martian Manhunter
    Firestorm
    Atom
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    HawkGirl/Hawkman
    John Diggle(John Stewart)

Black Lightning
    Mr.Terrific
    Vixen
    Vibe
    Gypsy
    Killer Frost
    Plastic Man
    Brainiac

We are a Wonder Woman and Aquaman character away from every major Justice League character being represented and that is crazy.
    Funny thing is, we almost had an Aquaman with the guy who went on to play Green Arrow on Smallville. And while we don't have Wonder Woman, we do now have Donna Troy on Titans, who is litterally a Wonder Woman clone.

Called it.

Needless to say, I wasn't remotely surprised how little contribution Kara made to the crossover. Given how little agency or focus she has on her own show, what chance did she have with Olly, Barry AND Superman in the mix?

As it turns out, none whatsoever. The main story revolved around Arrow and Flash with Kara having minimal input into the first two episodes. And then we get the big finale as an episode of Supergirl... and she was still basically just a background character with even Superman having more to do.

All Kara did was get overpowered by Deegan-Supes (because of course the nerfing has to be strong when the Supergirl writers are involved) and then fly a bit fast around the world a few times. And even then, she had to do it with Barry because God forbid they actually gave Supergirl one single moment of her own in this crossover. Or on her own show.

Maybe for people that aren't fans of Supergirl, it was possible to enjoy this crossover. But as a fan of the character, this was basically just another in a long line of insults to a character that the writers legitimately seems to have zero interest in whatsoever.
    Thank you. You said it perfectly.

Called it.

But, but, but the writers had Superman tell me that Supergirl is better! The reasons that you outlined are but one of the many reasons I never cared for the Supergirl show. I really like the actress as Supergirl and I like the character. However, the unending senseless drama and the uninteresting supporting cast that gets all of the attention made it unwatchable. I just want to see Supergirl kick ass and do superhero things, but she has to listen to her entire universe whine and gripe about their stupid problems. I pray that the Anti-Monitor will help to put them all out of their misery.....except Kara who escapes to earth 1.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    But, but, but the writers had Superman tell me that Supergirl is better! The reasons that you outlined are but one of the many reasons I never cared for the Supergirl show. I really like the actress as Supergirl and I like the character. However, the unending senseless drama and the uninteresting supporting cast that gets all of the attention made it unwatchable. I just want to see Supergirl kick ass and do superhero things, but she has to listen to her entire universe whine and gripe about their stupid problems. I pray that the Anti-Monitor will help to put them all out of their misery.....except Kara who escapes to earth 1.
    Brainiac interests me now, but i just don’t want to wade through all that other stuff just to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Brainiac interests me now, but i just don’t want to wade through all that other stuff just to see him.
    Honestly, Brainiac is becoming the best part of the show. At least when he's not in makeup- I still can't get over that design.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

If the Red Daughter Supergirl issue isn't resolved by the end of the season, maybe she'll be the one who will die in the Crisis.

I wonder who will be the 15 superheroes who will fight the Anti-Monitor.

Astonishing Member

Any ideas whet the status of Earth-90's Flash is?

It seemed like he was just disintegrated, at first, but then the Monitor used the same effect on Supergirl and she just reappeared back a few feet.

So did the Flash get sent home to Earth-90 or actually get brought back to suffer a meaningless death?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The depiction of Gotham was terrible. Sorry, but having a couple of Walmart gargoyles on a rooftop isn't going to convince me the city is Gotham. I'm amazed how they found a way to make Gotham not look that much different from Star and Central City even though they filmed in Chicago. They completely failed to make the city a character. Arrowverse people need to take cues from the Gotham TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The depiction of Gotham was terrible. Sorry, but having a couple of Walmart gargoyles on a rooftop isn't going to convince me the city is Gotham. I'm amazed how they found a way to make Gotham not look that much different from Star and Central City even though they filmed in Chicago. They completely failed to make the city a character. Arrowverse people need to take cues from the Gotham TV show.
    The first two Nolan films were also filmed in Chicago. It really says something about the importance of direction and cinematography.

Sure, Nolan may have a bigger budget to sell Chicago-as-Gotham, but Chicago isn't the first city to play Gotham, either.

Okay, I loved it. Stupid fun all the way through. Loved the Easter Eggs, loved the interactions, loved Lois in the Margot Kidder dress at the fortress. Nothing in the ending made sense, I mean running in opposite directions!??! and i guess Oliver had a Destiny Arrow or something, but who cares when you are smiling that much. And of course, next year is COIE, but without Supergirl dying. Thought I guarantee this will be a scene in it.

BTW, was Deegan turned into a specific DC villain at the end?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

BTW, was Deegan turned into a specific DC villain at the end?
    Doctor Destiny.