Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Excellent conclusion to the event, with the promise of even bigger things to come. Man, I am absolutely salivating for a Tyler Hoechlin Superman show. Hell, make it "Superman in Space" to differentiate it from Supergirl and give both shows a unique mission statement. I'm going to go one step further -- enough with the TV vs. Movie politics and produce a World's Finest show featuring Superman and Batman. I love the spectacle of the films, but I'm so tired of the films being used as an excuse to hold back on television projects.

Here's hoping Ollie sacrificed his relationship with Felicity to bargain with Monitor. That would probably the best part of this entire crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    They probably should have written the episode so Kara was more front-and-center, but the in-universe explanation was simply that Superman had used sometime similar before and had experience, not power. (It was already demonstrated that Deagan had to learn to use it effectively.)

But I feel like they wanted to play with Barry and Kara dying as a nod to COIE. Which . . .

I think they melded it with Barry's death in COIE. The disintegrating thing seems to make that pretty clear.
    I got that, but it still felt like a metaphorical slap in the face to Kara. That and Degan overpowering her heat vision. I think I had the same problem last year- Kara is so powerful, they have to weaken her somehow and it just makes her look bad.

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. I wonder if they pulled a Wrath of Kahn here. Put Barry and Kara's "Death" in this Crisis, so we won't expect it to happen next year.

You always hear about how difficult it is to film these crossovers. With doing something as potentially massive as CoIE, I wonder if they'll try filming it in a different way. Maybe film parts over the summer hiatus.

So the only main cast members not to appear this year were Nora, Joe (out on sick leave), his wife, Renee, and Laurel 2.0. The only one I'm sorry about them missing it is Laurel, if only to see her reaction to the Flash.

I enjoyed that. And totally called CoIE for the next crossover!

But yeah. Oliver did make a bargain with the Monitor. Obviously, part of it was to hit Deegan with Barry's and Kara's burn up. The other part? I think it was to sacrifice something important to himself. Be it his life, his relationship with Felicity, or something else, he has something he's still hiding from Barry at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Loved the two shows. I have the minor quibble, I always have. When Diggle was fighting Wolfie, if he is a trained Argus Agent he should be quite familiar with failure to stop drills. Body and then the head. Gun people practice that all the time. A squad of those folks who were getting hits on him, should have just done what was needed. So it's PIS.
    It is curious that someone wearing body armor would leave their head exposed. And that no one would think of shooting them in the head.

I do hate the Batwoman wig. Looks like a WalMart special.

Good show.
    Maybe that was done on purpose. If it diodn't look like a wig, if it looked like real hair, how would the people watching know it was a wig. So they made it obvious that is was a wig.

So we did get sort of a Legends of Tomorrow cross-over, with Gary joining in.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I got that, but it still felt like a metaphorical slap in the face to Kara. That and Degan overpowering her heat vision. I think I had the same problem last year- Kara is so powerful, they have to weaken her somehow and it just makes her look bad..
    While I agree that Kara was underused in this crossover I think that is mainly because they keep focusing these events on earth 1 and not earth 38, hopefully COIE changes that. I don't agree that this was at all a slap in the face for her at all, I was really happy they gave Superman a moment of being better at something. Considering that in his previous appearances he got beaten like a chump by Kara and then groveled that she was greater than he could ever be, giving him one victory based on him having more experience isn't exactly a slap in the face to Kara. Even with that, they ended the episode with him again telling Kara she is better than him, while I get that maybe something that Clark might say, the show really is insistent on making sure the audience has no confusion that Supergirl is not his equal but his better which is kinda annoying.

I do hope we see more small crossovers, would be great to see Oliver have to go to earth-38 for an episode similarly to how Barry did in Supergirl season 1. Would also be cool to see superman/flash race.

Overall was a fun crossover, in a sense kinda seems like Infinity War, in that in the end this crossover was a really fun enjoyable setup for the even bigger finale event next year (obviously I am not comparing the two in terms of quality, Infinity war is on another level altogether in that respect) If I had to guess early on it seems like Oliver might have traded his own life for Barry and Kara's. Arrow is heading towards the end of it's run and while Amell is signed for season 8 I could see a shortened season 8 of Arrow that ends with the death of Oliver Queen in the COIE crossover event. Hope I am wrong on that as Oliver is my favorite character in the Arrowverse by a large margin but that was the sense I got from this, the whole "for as long as we have it " comment at the end was unsettling. That and the fact that Oliver is absent in the flash forward scenes on Arrow so far this year and there would be some added significance to COIE if it included the death of the guy who started the arrowverse. Will be interesting to see how they space the event out, feels like Arrow, Flash and Supergirl are all guaranteed to comeback, although ratings wise I think Legends has very little chance of returning next year, so it may just be these three again, unless Batwoman gets picked up, I can't see them involving Black Lightning in this at all, tonally that show feels different from the arrowverse stuff.
    Last edited by regg215; 12-11-2018 at 10:40 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    While I agree that Kara was underused in this crossover I think that is mainly because they keep focusing these events on earth 1 and not earth 38, hopefully COIE changes that. I don't agree that this was at all a slap in the face for her at all, I was really happy they gave Superman a moment of being better at something. Considering that in his previous appearances he got beaten like a chump by Kara and then groveled that she was greater than he could ever be, giving him one victory based on him having more experience isn't exactly a slap in the face to Kara. Even with that, they ended the episode with him again telling Kara she is better than him, while I get that maybe something that Clark might say, the show really is insistent on making sure the audience has no confusion that Supergirl is not his equal but his better which is kinda annoying.
    As much as I love Supergirl even I winced when they did that. Because I knew how some people would react. Not sure why the writers keep going there, based on how many people it pissed off the last time.
    Clark and Lois going to Argo does give them an out as to why Superman never shows up to help out.

Well that event was fun. But it did have it's share of flaws. Liked Crisis on Earth X a bit better. But hey, I guess it was just a glorified prologue, eh?
    Crisis on Infinite Earths, HYPE!!!!!!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

1970s TV Billy Batson (Michael Gray) and both Captains Marvel (Jackson Bostwick and John Davey) are available to return to action if a COIE CW crossover makes its way to Earth-74.

"Sigh." It does make one wish that Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, and Adam West were all alive and well today.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    1970s TV Billy Batson (Michael Gray) and both Captains Marvel (Jackson Bostwick and John Davey) are available to return to action if a COIE CW crossover makes its way to Earth-74.

"Sigh." It does make one wish that Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, and Adam West were all alive and well today.

And Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum seemed interested in how the Crossovers work so I think they could get them back for Earth-Smallville

I’m hoping for Earth-Gotham to show up
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Normal I would complain about something and these shows aren't perfect but DC has shows on TV that work together which have

Superman
    Supergirl
    BatGirl
    Flash
    Martian Manhunter
    Firestorm
    Atom
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    HawkGirl/Hawkman
    John Diggle(John Stewart)

Black Lightning
    Mr.Terrific
    Vixen
    Vibe
    Gypsy
    Killer Frost
    Plastic Man
    Brainiac

We are a Wonder Woman and Aquaman character away from every major Justice League character being represented and that is crazy.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-12-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

How old do you think they are now?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    How old do you think they are now?
    Somewhere in the neighborhood of 'as dirt' perhaps...?

Astonishing Member

The way they dealt with Batman/Bruce Wayne was weird. This is the most explanation of him we have ever gotten in the Arrowverse. I am still confused a little. They were acting like he is an urban legend. Penguin was in Arkham and his other rogues. He clearly put them there. In this universe hes that undercover that Oliver Queen and Flash are every day news stories but Batman isn't/wasn't?

Anyway for Crisis I think it would be awesome if they made the effort to include all their shows even Titans and Black lightning.

Astonishing Member

Not a bad show. Some silliness and minor quibbles for the last episode.

Stopping time by flying at Mach 7. That's slow for relativistic effects. It's a crawl. We have missiles that approach that. Duh.

Didn't like that Evil Supes just grabbed the Flash and Flash was helpless. Learn from Ollie how to break chokes. Might work with Superspeed phasing.

Liked that Ollie saved the day.

Does reformed Alex live still live in the Ollie-world?

Kara mentioned that her pod didn't get to this Earth. Is there an intact Krypton there or baby Kal and pre-adolescent Kara floating around?

PsychoPirate! Ok. If you recall that Constantine's show hinted at the Spectre with with Jim Corrigan and a green glow. Bring it on for COIE. Spec was crucial in thwarting the Anti-Monitor who is the big bad.

Two Bats - 38 and Earth 1

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The way they dealt with Batman/Bruce Wayne was weird. This is the most explanation of him we have ever gotten in the Arrowverse. I am still confused a little. They were acting like he is an urban legend. Penguin was in Arkham and his other rogues. He clearly put them there. In this universe hes that undercover that Oliver Queen and Flash are every day news stories but Batman isn't/wasn't?
    All that takes is for the GCPD to take the official stance that Batman doesn't exist.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)