Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    This crossover has been way better than I expected. (Though I loved the Legends reference to wanting to avoid it!)

Nice to see Barry and Oliver gain more appreciation and respect for each other's style of dealing with things.

Supergirl is great, her series (apart from the crossover eps) was so bad I gave up two episodes in (again, crossovers aside) and yet when she pops up in the other shows she is on a whole other level and does an amazing job taking the lead. If her own show was even a tenth of as good as this I'd probably give it a try again!

And Batwoman... I was expecting the worst, a Gotham.2 of sorts, but instead they executed everything brilliantly and I'm actually looking forward to her series now, which I was hesitant about when it was first announced. It's hard to say based on only a one episode appearance but I think she has some amazing potential.

Liked the fact that (apparently) Supergirl's Earth has it's own Batman and associated characters. I'm calling it now: we'll (eventually) get an Earth-1 Batwoman versus (or helping) Earth-38 Batwoman episode.

Looking forward to the last part of the crossover!
    I may be in the minority as i am totally tired of Bat related ish period, but even with that, I am not clamoring for more Batwoman. I love Ruby Rose and I was curious to see what she would do, but based on last night's appearance, I would not be wanting her show. Now I know we will at least get a pilot so we will see her world and characters fully fleshed out and maybe that will change things for me, but at this point, I just don't see it being worthwhile. Ruby's delivery was kinda monotone as hell too.

Astonishing Member

Loved the two shows. I have the minor quibble, I always have. When Diggle was fighting Wolfie, if he is a trained Argus Agent he should be quite familiar with failure to stop drills. Body and then the head. Gun people practice that all the time. A squad of those folks who were getting hits on him, should have just done what was needed. So it's PIS.

I do hate the Batwoman wig. Looks like a WalMart special.

Good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Actually, he exists on two worlds (at least).

Sandy Hausler
    I'll take your word for it but Oliver made a convincing argument in the episode. What better way to keep the criminal element of Gotham in check than by telling them that a man dressed as a bat will beat the crap out of them.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Watched the first two parts today (New Flash episodes only go up on Tuesdays on Netflix) and despite having given up on Flash/Arrow last year I enjoyed myself. It's simple, fun, and not too heavily related to anything going on in either series to cause confusion. Can't wait to watch the finale tonight on Supergirl, which is the only one of the shows I still watch regularly.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    And Batwoman... I was expecting the worst, a Gotham.2 of sorts, but instead they executed everything brilliantly and I'm actually looking forward to her series now, which I was hesitant about when it was first announced. It's hard to say based on only a one episode appearance but I think she has some amazing potential.
    Ruby Rose aside, there was litterally nothing about Gotham I liked.

You know what it is? While I commend them for going to Chicago to film a few scenes, it was more of a detraction than an asset. When Nolan shot The Dark Knight, I never once thought about Chicago, despite all of the landmarks they featured. But when Barry, Oliver and Kara were on the roof of the Jewlers Building, with that coupala clearly in the background behind them, all I kept thinking of was, of all things Transformers: Dark of the Moon and the Space Bridge Pillar that was in that very same coupala. And everything they added to dress it differently- that being a couple of gargoyles they probably bought at Walmart for $10 a pop- did nothing to make me think it was Gotham,

I'd give a Batwoman show a try. I know we only saw a glimpse of the world they want to create. But for me, they would have to massively retool the pilot with better sets, better acting, and for gods sake, a better score, because that was a **** theme they gave her. Hell, just repurpose Shipp's Flash theme for Batwoman. It was already a Batman '89 knockoff anyway.

Currently watching part two, and i’m Confused. I don’t know how this thing is working. I don’t Know what earth they’re in, but why are people still seeing Oliver as Barry and vice versa? I thought people were seeing Oliver as himself, but they’re Still playing each other’s roles. So I still don’t get it. I also don’t get the status of Batman on this earth. Oliver seems to know him but treats him as an urban legend, and yet, he gets his nose out of joint because he’s not the first vigilante? Why should he even care? Barry did have some sweet moves, after all. Not sure about Kate Kane yet. music’s okay for me; i’m Going to wait to hear more about the Batwoman pilot before I judge. I have a lot of problems with Kate kane’s Story in general.
    Last edited by protege; 12-11-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Ray: GIDEON. Any messages while we were out?

Gideon: Yes, Doctor Palmer. You have received urgent messages from Oliver Queen, Barry Allen, and Kara Danvers.

Nathan: Huh. Must be time for the annual crossover. HARD PASS.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I mean, the tacky set decoration. the Spencer's Gift gargoyles on The Jewlers building. The vines in Wayne tower. The batcave, oh lord... the batcave. The acting of the Arkham inmates felt right out of Birds of Prey. And I know, they are crazy, but it was just... BAD.
    I thinking Poison Ivy attacked Wayne Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Is the book of destiny written in the same language Nora write in?

Also curious based off the supergirl Alex preview for Elseworlds if their whole cast is now on earth 1

Based off what the monitor said this crossover is laying more groundwork for the crisis we’ve known about which has flash vanishing
    I'm more curious why there is a turtle for the lock.

I guess Hugo Strange is in charge of hiring people for Arkham.

Love the 'Is it Freaky Friday or Quantum Leap' running gag.

I get the Burton and Nolan street reference; what were the streets they use for in The Flash? Waid and . . .?

The part that confuses me is when Kara tells Kate that Clark and Bruce are "friends actually frienemies" does that imply that a Bruce/Batman exists on her Earth are Superman/Batman previously crossed Earths.

Seems Earth-90's John "Stewart" Diggle was the Green Lantern of that World since Flash-90 asked him why wasn't he wearing his ring.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Currently watching part two, and i’m Confused. I don’t know how this thing is working. I don’t Know what earth they’re in, but why are people still seeing Oliver as Barry and vice versa? I thought people were seeing Oliver as himself, but they’re Still playing each other’s roles. So I still don’t get it. I also don’t get the status of Batman on this earth. Oliver seems to know him but treats him as an urban legend, and yet, he gets his nose out of joint because he’s not the first vigilante? Why should he even care? Barry did have some sweet moves, after all. Not sure about Kate Kane yet. music’s okay for me; i’m Going to wait to hear more about the Batwoman pilot before I judge. I have a lot of problems with Kate kane’s Story in general.
    It is not that Oliver knows Batman it is that Oliver has probably met Bruce Wayne at some point or at least knows who he is. Oliver does not believe Batman exists. I think it is safe to say on Earth 1 Batman has kept a much lower profile while out doing his thing. That is why he can get away with the "urban legend" troupe. I'm sure a lot of Gotham knows he is real, but outside of that he is just a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    and for gods sake, a better score, because that was a **** theme they gave her.
    Really? I thought it was cool apart from the choir part.

I have a lot of problems with Kate kane’s Story in general.
    Like what?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I dug part two. It's about time we saw the CW's version of Gotham, and I'm intrigued to see how they'll fit the Bat mythos into everything they've already established. I think it's a given at this point that we will see a CW Batman, as it feels the entire premise of the Batwoman show will be based on Batman disappearing. At the very least, it sets up a compelling mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The creators of Arrowverse did say they would love to do a Crisis on Infinite Earths for a crossover. And that may be next season's crossover, going by the hints the Monitor has dropped. Though if Barry does go missing, like he basically did in the comics, that doesn't bode well for Kara either...
    I think the funniest thing about the whole episode was watching Stephen attempt to walk in that Flash suit in ARGUS. He could BARELY move

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Really? I thought it was cool apart from the choir part.

Like what?
    The religion of crime, mad alice, the colony- none of it really interests me. And batwoman being heavily tatooed doesn’t appeal to me either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post

I'm more curious why there is a turtle for the lock.

I get the Burton and Nolan street reference; what were the streets they use for in The Flash? Waid and . . .?
    Seemed more like a scarab to me.

Waid and (Brian) Augustyn aka the co-writers of lot of the Wally Flash era.

The religion of crime, mad alice, the colony- none of it really interests me. And batwoman being heavily tatooed doesn’t appeal to me either.
    Okay, now I'm curious. Are there specific reasons you don't like these things?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)