Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Say what you want about the CW shows but they are willing to unapologetic go full comic book and I love it.
    I was hoping we could wait a few more years before we tried to tackle that behemoth.

Extraordinary Member

I hope the Crisis on Infinite Earth's includes someone from the DCEU

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I was kind of hoping they would go with Kingdom Come rather than CoIE
    I'm not sure Kingdom Come would translate well, especially on a TV budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I hope the Crisis on Infinite Earth's includes someone from the DCEU
    I still think a lot of TV Series and Movie Earths will be included in Crisis on Infinite Earths. We get to see whats transpired since last seen like on Flash's Earth-90 Earth. What would Earth-66 Batman 1966 Earth look like in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I still think a lot of TV Series and Movie Earths will be included in Crisis on Infinite Earths. We get to see whats transpired since last seen like on Flash's Earth-90 Earth. What would Earth-66 Batman 1966 Earth look like in 2019?
    Burt Ward needs to hire a trainer so he can get in shape to play either batman, Nightwing or Red Robin
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I was hoping we could wait a few more years before we tried to tackle that behemoth.
    Everything that's ever been said stated that if they ever did Crisis, it would happen during the same year that is in the future article on Flash. So 2024. I think. I guess they are going to use Nora to speed things up, pun intended.

If they are going to do Crisis, EVERY show should be involved. Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends, Batwoman (if it gets picked up. If not, she guests in the crossover again), and Black Lightning as well. Bring back Shipp as Older Barry, try to get Welling as an alternate Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Burt Ward needs to hire a trainer so he can get in shape to play either batman, Nightwing or Red Robin
    I can see him doing a Bruce Wayne to Batman Beyond role.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Everything that's ever been said stated that if they ever did Crisis, it would happen during the same year that is in the future article on Flash. So 2024. I think. I guess they are going to use Nora to speed things up, pun intended.

If they are going to do Crisis, EVERY show should be involved. Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends, Batwoman (if it gets picked up. If not, she guests in the crossover again), and Black Lightning as well. Bring back Shipp as Older Barry, try to get Welling as an alternate Superman.
    Linda Carter could still work as Wonder Woman

Lets hope none of the shows get canceled after season finales.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 12-11-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Have Dig's actor play John Stewart from Ship's Earth.

Have Rosenbaum come in to play DCAU Wally West

The Degan opening was fun.

I'll say this- the comedy this year has been superb. The story? Meh.

Once again, Kara does next to nothing, spends most of the time as the damsel in distress, and to top it all of, she wasn't powerful enough to use the book, but her cousin was? WOW.

I did like when reality was reset, the elevator doors opened and Dig and Killer Frost were just out cold.

Brainy gets the second best fight of the episode, and we don't even see it.

The aerial battle between Superman and Degan was surprisingly good. I guess they used the money they saved on Gotham sets to buff up the CGI.

Did they really pull a Donner?

"This is kinda becoming an annual thing, isn't it?"

I wish we'd seen what happened to Earth-1 Alex.

And they write off Lois and Clark. Boo. Although it's amusing that Clark proposed to Lois on her second appearance, and it took Dean Cain's superman 3 seasons to do it back in the 90's

It's nice that Oliver and Barry have a clearer understanding of each other.

I get the sinking suspicion that Oliver's sacrifice was William, Felicity, or both. If he sacrificed his marriage, didn't these guys learn anything from Spider-man: One More Day? Or- he agreed that he would sacrifice his own life instead.

A line from The Return of the King says what I feel about this crossover- "it's a lesser son, of greater sires." It had ambition, it had great comedy, it introduced a pair of characters that I loved (Lois and Kate), and The Monitor was straight out of the comic. But even with all of that, it still felt... small. It felt like Lethal Weapon 3. You had Oliver and Barry as Riggs and Murtaugh, Kara was Rene Russo, and I guess that makes Cisco Joe Pesci. It ended up being all about Oliver and Barry, with Kara being thrown in there as an afterthought. She had one great scene with Alex, but never once had a great fight. Everything that people complain about happening to Kara on Supergirl- it all came true here. I know it may not be a popular opinion, but I liked Crisis on Earth X better. Sure, it had it's problems (the double wedding....), but it also had ambition that was realized.

With that being said- let the speculation for next year begin. Who will be a part of the Crisis on Infinite Earths? Will we finally get Black Lightning on Arrow? Will other major heroes appear (could we finally get a TV Batman)? And while Oliver may have saved them this year- will Barry and Kara die? (Guess that depends on when their contracts are up

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Linda Carter could still work as Wonder Woman

Lets hope none of the shows get canceled after season finales.
    Honestly, I think if the ratings are good enough for this crossover, the CW might greenlight new seasons for all the shows just on that alone. Especially if they are going to spend a year marketing the next crossover.

Honestly, I think if the ratings are good enough for this crossover, the CW might greenlight new seasons for all the shows just on that alone. Especially if they are going to spend a year marketing the next crossover.
    A six show crossover is better than a three show crossover maybe with a made for TV movie to finish up the crossover.

Once again, Kara does next to nothing, spends most of the time as the damsel in distress, and to top it all of, she wasn't powerful enough to use the book, but her cousin was? WOW.
    They probably should have written the episode so Kara was more front-and-center, but the in-universe explanation was simply that Superman had used sometime similar before and had experience, not power. (It was already demonstrated that Deagan had to learn to use it effectively.)

But I feel like they wanted to play with Barry and Kara dying as a nod to COIE. Which . . .

Did they really pull a Donner?
    I think they melded it with Barry's death in COIE. The disintegrating thing seems to make that pretty clear.

Astonishing Member

So...the elder hero statesman of Earth 38 Superman and Lois are going to be married and have a Superboy. And Crisis is coming.

main-qimg-351a58e5ee504b2a51852ef50621c146-c.jpg

Hmmm

Astonishing Member

He said something about Fate being funny. I think that was Earth 1's Alex, but fate still drew her to Kara.
    It's no all that hard. The book itself is essentially alive and all but said that the Monitor gave it to Deegan to empower the heroes. It's basically giving the heroes openings to use to help save the day.

Though admittedly I initially assumed all the Supergirl doppels were just made by the book.