Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

There is no way in hell Clark makes more than Lois. I know they wanted to make a point about pay disparity, but there is no way Clark makes more than her . . . in really any version of Superman.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    I thought part one was a ton of fun. I frequently consider just dropping all of the CW shows and only watching the yearly crossovers. The seasons tend to drag and become tedious, but the crossovers are where everyone comes to play their "A game." I absolutely realize that the show Smallville isn't exactly television high art, but as someone who remembers a time when it's literally ALL we had, I look back on the show with rose-colored glasses. That said, the farm and the song absolutely was the high point of the episode for me.

I really enjoy this version of Superman. Lois was only "okay" to me. It felt like they were trying too hard to establish the character in the midst of all the chaos. Because of that, the introduction didn't feel engaging to me. It felt like they were checking off boxes and forcing opportunities for Lois to be "Lois."

Aside from that minor gripe, I also don't like how they opted to approach the mix-up. I would've preferred a more straight forward "Ollie is Flash and Barry is Green Arrow" -- I found the "Ollie is Barry and Barry is Ollie" premise to be unnecessarily convoluted.
    I liked the added layer to it instead of just the hero roles switch. It gave them more of the comedic stuff to do. While we have seen Grant's child like amazement on several occasions, the facial reactions and tone and delivery from Amel in the apartment and his introduction to being the Flash was some of the most enjoyable moments from Amel in a very long time, at least for me. I know the current structure of the show is not built for it, but it makes you kinda of pine for a lighter Green Arrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    There is no way in hell Clark makes more than Lois. I know they wanted to make a point about pay disparity, but there is no way Clark makes more than her . . . in really any version of Superman.
    I agree with this statement. I actually enjoyed Lois although I do think they were trying very hard with her, this being her intro and all, but the pay disparity thing is pure poppycock!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This was a very well done first chapter. I loved that they showed Amazo was way too powerful for just one hero to take down alone. I mean this is a creature that can take on the entire Justice League alone, so it was cool seeing them have to take it on as a team. Plus Amazo looked really good.

The character interaction between the main players was on point as it usually is the crossovers. I did like the bit between Superman and Sherloque.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    "Save Me" for the win!

I don't know the actress, but who they got for Lois is perfect. Way better than Amy Adams.

So an Amazo android gets set loose from Ivo Labs. I wonder if we'll get a reaction of Oliver finally making THAT connection.

Love how Amazo flies like Iron Man.
    Wait, if Professor Ivo is dead, when did he built AMAZO? Unless John Deegan brought him back to life.

Where is Nora? She could shed some light on the red skies.
    Either Nora is still in the future with Thawne, or she's temporary erased because of the switch.

I laughed hard at the crossbows
    Me too! I love seeing Grant jumping in glee, then taking a photo! I also love "Deck him, Barry! What? He's a jerk."

So weird to see Stephen as the jovial one and Grant as the tortured hero.

I wish they could bring Superman in more. I understand why they don't, but it's always so much fun to see him.
    Probably some stupid legal thing, but you're right, it's fun to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I liked the added layer to it instead of just the hero roles switch. It gave them more of the comedic stuff to do. While we have seen Grant's child like amazement on several occasions, the facial reactions and tone and delivery from Amel in the apartment and his introduction to being the Flash was some of the most enjoyable moments from Amel in a very long time, at least for me. I know the current structure of the show is not built for it, but it makes you kinda of pine for a lighter Green Arrow.
    Yup.

A couple of things:

-Sorry, Kara; Love is both unselfish and selfish

-"Are you puffing out your chest?" "Yes."

-Muttonchops! You are absolutely right, Cisco!

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Maybe its a way for them to start having a more light-hearted Oliver? I know I wouldn't complain.

I don't know... I loved when Oliver got upset at Barry. I'm usually all for comedic Barry, but I personally thought he got to be a bit much, which was the point I think... Oliver being overly uptight and Barry being overly lighthearted so they would learn that they needed to step into each others shoes. But for me it felt like Oliver was being his normal self and Barry was being totally different than he has been for the last season. I loved them both together though. I also loved when Oliver was baffled when Barry told him to tell Iris that she is his lightning rod lmao.

WOW!!!! Solid follow up to an already amazing start. This is on track to be the best crossover yet!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Loved the Diggle reveal fanboys will geek.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    It's kind of a wasted potential, honestly. So far, we have 3 shows set on Earth 1 and 1 on Earth 38. With Batwoman, it's gonna be 4 on Earth 1. Earth 38 really could have used some extra development.
    I know it's said every crossover, but this could be the one where they merge Earth's 1 & 38. They got the perfect Macguffin to do it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Loved the Diggle reveal fanboys will geek.
    Was awesome

Saw part one-it worked better than I thought it would. Liked amazo; liked clark lending a super hand, and I started to believe Oliver could be the flash, and Barry could be the green arrow. But, the whole ‘ you have failed this city’ is really getting tired. And it did feel a lot more condensed than the previous crossovers.
    Last edited by protege; 12-10-2018 at 08:18 PM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Ray: GIDEON. Any messages while we were out?

Gideon: Yes, Doctor Palmer. You have received urgent messages from Oliver Queen, Barry Allen, and Kara Danvers.

Nathan: Huh. Must be time for the annual crossover. HARD PASS.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

So far, this crossover has felt like a love letter to 90's kitsch comicbook shows. I think this episode really embodied it.

And you know, I'm not that much of a fan.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved this crossover so far. And I'll look forward to a Batwoman show. But I hope they leave the 90's nostalgia here and do something more with her.

I mean, the tacky set decoration. the Spencer's Gift gargoyles on The Jewlers building. The vines in Wayne tower. The batcave, oh lord... the batcave. The acting of the Arkham inmates felt right out of Birds of Prey. And I know, they are crazy, but it was just... BAD.

I said all of that, now.... 90'S BARRY ALLEN!!!

.....Aaaand he's gone.

Man, Kara is being WASTED in this. Yeah, the scenes with Kate were great, but she's done practically nothing in two episodes.

I'm loving this for the comedy, but I don't think it's as great as everyone else seems to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Ray: GIDEON. Any messages while we were out?

Gideon: Yes, Doctor Palmer. You have received urgent messages from Oliver Queen, Barry Allen, and Kara Danvers.

Nathan: Huh. Must be time for the annual crossover. HARD PASS.
    I laughed HARD at that line