Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Where is the Flash in Doomsday Clock and will he have a role in this ?

I still have a feeling that the Flash will play an important role in Doomsday Clock as we have not heard where he is in this storyline.

Plus Geoff Johns has to try to tie up loose ends with his Flash stories and given what happened to the original Wally West...at the very least give fans a better ending than what Tom King Given us.

I mean in my eyes it was Barry usage of the Speed force that allowed Doctor Manhattan to travel to the DCU and mess with its history. So somehow in my mind: Barry needs some sense of redemption, right ?

As fans of the Flash what do you think of this ?

Both Flashes are currently dead or in the Speed Force.... If You mean Barry Allen, Second Fastest Man alive, then probably (Sorry Barry Fans, I’m just offput by Heroes in Crisis and that Barry had Wally committed.) Barry really could use some moral redemption with all he now knows about what changed when he tried to save his mother, technically he did nothing wrong but he should still earn the Clear Slate Johns gave him with Manhattan Ex-Machina
    Last edited by Denirac; 09-26-2018 at 04:38 PM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I still have a feeling that the Flash will play an important role in Doomsday Clock as we have not heard where he is in this storyline.

Plus Geoff Johns has to try to tie up loose ends with his Flash stories and given what happened to the original Wally West...at the very least give fans a better ending than what Tom King Given us.

I mean in my eyes it was Barry usage of the Speed force that allowed Doctor Manhattan to travel to the DCU and mess with its history. So somehow in my mind: Barry needs some sense of redemption, right ?

As fans of the Flash what do you think of this ?
    I think if The Flash was going to play a prominent role in Doomsday Clock, we would have seen him by now. I am sure he'll show up before the end, but his role was simply as one of Dr. Manhattan's pawns. He is no more responsible for what happened during Flashpoint than Hal Jordan was responsible for what happened during Zero Hour. They were both being manipulated by larger, more powerful outside forces beyond their control.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think if The Flash was going to play a prominent role in Doomsday Clock, we would have seen him by now. I am sure he'll show up before the end, but his role was simply as one of Dr. Manhattan's pawns. He is no more responsible for what happened during Flashpoint than Hal Jordan was responsible for what happened during Zero Hour. They were both being manipulated by larger, more powerful outside forces beyond their control.
    In Barry's case, Geoff Johns was one of the chief manipulators.

BANNED

This is what they should do. Barry Allen dies in Doomsday Clock. Then with all the flashes no gone, start an all new Fash storyline with a paleontologist from Shijiazhuang struck by lightning while digging out a fossil in the field. You write this entire book in Chinese and then use English subtitles and market it exclusively through the Nonggongshang Supermarket Group. It will be a huge financial hit...with his red uniform and all.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    This is what they should do. Barry Allen dies in Doomsday Clock. Then with all the flashes no gone, start an all new Fash storyline with a paleontologist from Shijiazhuang struck by lightning while digging out a fossil in the field. You write this entire book in Chinese and then use English subtitles and market it exclusively through the Nonggongshang Supermarket Group. It will be a huge financial hit...with his red uniform and all.
    How well has New Superman done in China? Has it even been released there without being censored? Playing to the Chinese market is a tricky business, because the government has a heavy hand with anything it deems a threat. There's also rampant piracy, so I'm not sure how financially viable it would be since most people wouldn't be paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    In Barry's case, Geoff Johns was one of the chief manipulators.
    Yeah, like I've said before in other threads, I don't think Johns is going to let himself off the hook for his role in the current state of the DCU. I don't think the endgame of Doomsday Clock is going to simply be Johns pointing the finger at Alan Moore and Frank Miller for what superhero comics have evolved into.

How well has New Superman done in China? Has it even been released there without being censored? Playing to the Chinese market is a tricky business, because the government has a heavy hand with anything it deems a threat. There's also rampant piracy, so I'm not sure how financially viable it would be since most people wouldn't be paying for it.
    And Trump would probably add tariffs if they printed it in China and shipped it back to the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And Trump would probably add tariffs if they printed it in China and shipped it back to the U.S.
    I am not touching that comment with a ten-foot pole (that I purchased at Walmart that was absolutely made for pennies in a Chinese sweatshop)

I don't think so. This story (as it has been presented so far) is not really about the Flash, so I don't think he will end up as a big part of the story. Also, Barry does not need redemption at all, and I think DC's writers know this.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Yeah, we were told this was supposed to be a Superman story and issue 7 was the first time he's appeared on more than one page so I wouldn't expect any flash to have a significant role this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Yeah, we were told this was supposed to be a Superman story and issue 7 was the first time he's appeared on more than one page so I wouldn't expect any flash to have a significant role this time around.
    To be fair, while I have done my fair share of complaining about the lack of Superman in Doomsday Clock, issue 7 has made it clear that Johns was correct when he said that "Superman IS the story", which myself and others mistakenly took as meaning that Doomsday Clock would be a Superman story.

If Superman is the entire reason for Doc Manhattan's actions, then, yeah, Superman IS the story, even if he won't start playing an active role in the story until the back half.

BANNED

Well, piracy is trouble for sure, but they only need to stay ahead of the curve for a few weeks.

Astonishing Member

Doomsday Clock is now about Superman and Batman. Wally is the Pariah of this story. He delivered the message and now he is irrelevant to the events afterwards.

BANNED

Yet Hal redeemed himself while Barry never got the chance to.

To quote Batman from Infinite Crisis, another Geoff Johns written event: The last time Barry inspired anyone was when he was dead.