Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Yet Wally West was the one that warned Barry and the others of Doomsday Clock almost a similar way Barry did in COIE and we all know how much Geoff Johns likes to reference the original Crisis on Infinite Earths event.

Shouldn’t that matter at all in the long scheme of things ?
    It's still not a part of the story that has been told far. It might have some relevance, but I doubt it and the Flash will be a major part of the story.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Some people won't rest until Barry redeems those awful tweed jackets he used to wear back in the 60s.
    And let's not forget Geoff Johns' over-emphasis on the fact that Barry use to wear bow ties back in the day . . .

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And let's not forget Geoff Johns' over-emphasis on the fact that Barry use to wear bow ties back in the day . . .
    And sadly, rarely does anymore these days. One of Barry's character charms back in the day was his tendency to overdress, even into the 1980s.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Some people won't rest until Barry redeems those awful tweed jackets he used to wear back in the 60s.

Tweed, bow tie, crew cut...
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Tweed, bow tie, crew cut...
    So, how did you dress in the early-to-mid 1960s?

And sadly, rarely does anymore these days. One of Barry's character charms back in the day was his tendency to overdress, even into the 1980s.

I wouldn't mind Barry dressing like he was in the 60s again. It's unique.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

More reason the Flash NEEDS to make an appearance in Doomsday Clock...https://www.newsarama.com/42036-did-...-know-who.html

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

He must be destroyed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think if The Flash was going to play a prominent role in Doomsday Clock, we would have seen him by now. I am sure he'll show up before the end, but his role was simply as one of Dr. Manhattan's pawns. He is no more responsible for what happened during Flashpoint than Hal Jordan was responsible for what happened during Zero Hour. They were both being manipulated by larger, more powerful outside forces beyond their control.
    Yet Hal had a chance or two to redeem himself While Barry didn't.

How Ironic that Hal once said that He died a Sinner and Barry Died a saint. Consider it given what we know now it makes the concept of two wrongs don't make a right seems true in DC Comics.

Yet Hal had a chance or two to redeem himself While Barry didn't.

How Ironic that Hal once said that He died a Sinner and Barry Died a saint. Consider it given what we know now it makes the concept of two wrongs don't make a right seems true in DC Comics.
    DC Universe Rebirth back in June of 2016 was Barry's redemption story. The whole point of that story was to have Barry Allen bring Wally West back into the DCU. Wally explicitly states in that story that it wasn’t Barry who caused the changes in time, but someone else (Dr.Manhattan) taking advantage of the reset of history. In other words, Barry didn't do anything wrong. He was simply trying to fix the changes in history Thawne had done by changing the past. When Barry realized that restoring the original history was impossible, he made the painful choice to let his mother's murder remain in order to stop the horrible Flashpoint reality from coming into being.

Hal had multiple stories written to redeem him prior to Johns's Parallax as the Yellow Impurity retcon, but none since then because that story exonerated him of his past sins.

While both Barry & Hal still feel some guilt for their roles in these disasters, we as readers should know that that's not the case because the comics have gone out of their way to point it out.

BANNED

DC Universe Rebirth back in June of 2016 was Barry's redemption story. The whole point of that story was to have Barry Allen bring Wally West back into the DCU. Wally explicitly states in that story that it wasn’t Barry who caused the changes in time, but someone else (Dr.Manhattan) taking advantage of the reset of history. In other words, Barry didn't do anything wrong. He was simply trying to fix the changes in history Thawne had done by changing the past. When Barry realized that restoring the original history was impossible, he made the painful choice to let his mother's murder remain in order to stop the horrible Flashpoint reality from coming into being.

Hal had multiple stories written to redeem him prior to Johns's Parallax as the Yellow Impurity retcon, but none since then because that story exonerated him of his past sins.

While both Barry & Hal still feel some guilt for their roles in these disasters, we as readers should know that that's not the case because the comics have gone out of their way to point it out.
    If there is no way to restore the original DCU timeline, then tell me why during Rebirth bits and pieces of the ORIGINAL DC TIMELINE are returning/reinserting themselves back into continuity ?

If there is no way to restore the original DCU timeline, then tell me why during Rebirth bits and pieces of the ORIGINAL DC TIMELINE are returning/reinserting themselves back into continuity ?
    You've misunderstood me. There was no way to restore the original history in which Nora Allen wasn't murdered and her husband was framed for it. By making the choice to leave that in place, Barry was able to restore the previous history he'd left. However, Dr. Manhattan intervened when history was reforming and stole the decade of time from the DCU.

Hypertime frequently brings back formerly erased parts of DC continuity. The Silver Age Blackhawks were folded back in during JLA: Year One, then promptly left again.

It's entirely possible that the ever-changing tides of Hypertime will restore Nora & Henry Allen's original history, but it seems Eobard Thawne made sure that his latest revenge upon Barry Allen would be particularly dangerous to untangle, as we saw in Flashpoint.

You've misunderstood me. There was no way to restore the original history in which Nora Allen wasn't murdered and her husband was framed for it. By making the choice to leave that in place, Barry was able to restore the previous history he'd left. However, Dr. Manhattan intervened when history was reforming and stole the decade of time from the DCU.

Hypertime frequently brings back formerly erased parts of DC continuity. The Silver Age Blackhawks were folded back in during JLA: Year One, then promptly left again.

It's entirely possible that the ever-changing tides of Hypertime will restore Nora & Henry Allen's original history, but it seems Eobard Thawne made sure that his latest revenge upon Barry Allen would be particularly dangerous to untangle, as we saw in Flashpoint.
    Maybe it is for someone with Barry's abilities, but I wonder if cosmic entities such as Dr. Manhattan, the Anti-Monitor, Parallax Hal Jordan, Superboy-Prime, Alexander Luthor of Earth-Three, or Telos could play it differently.

Maybe it is for someone with Barry's abilities, but I wonder if cosmic entities such as Dr. Manhattan, the Anti-Monitor, Parallax Hal Jordan, Superboy-Prime, Alexander Luthor of Earth-Three, or Telos could play it differently.

Definitely. As powerful as he is, Barry Allen can only accomplish so much. However, I think any of the various cosmic powered beings out there could undo Thawne's temporal knot.

The Zero Hour Parallax still running around the DCU would be a perfect candidate given his previously established knack for bending the rules of time and space to resurrect Oliver Queen (without a soul, mind you)

Definitely. As powerful as he is, Barry Allen can only accomplish so much. However, I think any of the various cosmic powered beings out there could undo Thawne's temporal knot.

The Zero Hour Parallax still running around the DCU would be a perfect candidate given his previously established knack for bending the rules of time and space to resurrect Oliver Queen (without a soul, mind you)
    ...and, he's Barry's friend. It would only be fitting that he'd want to make things right for his buddy and many others.

Do you remember the early days of CBR when members used to moot that Parallax Hal was in the right in ZERO HOUR, and that the heroes were wrong for thwarting him?

Last edited by Buried Alien; 10-11-2018 at 04:50 PM.