Page 55 of 182 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Except for all the corruption in 50s America.
    They didn't have the luxury to just snap their fingers and tell us we "evolved" like they do in the Trekverse 400 years in the future, though.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boisterously Confused

Aside from an episode in the Lower Decks toon, is there anything in canon indicating to what class of starship Riker's U.S.S. Titan belonged?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Aside from an episode in the Lower Decks toon, is there anything in canon indicating to what class of starship Riker's U.S.S. Titan belonged?
    Since the lower decks was the only time it appeared on screen and it wasn't mentioned I think that's a no.

Lower Decks is canon, so yes, that was it.

Edit: Just realized you were talking about the class. Since LDS just lifted the Luna class design right out of the novels and related artwork, dollars to donuts it'll just be called the "Luna class" in canon, too. Whatever the PIC novels use, if they do, will probably be it.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 11-25-2020 at 08:46 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Boisterously Confused

Out of all Trek series, you're allowed one episode (no movies or multi-parters) to explain what Trek is to someone with no awareness of ST. You're allowed no means of priming your viewer, the episode has got to carry the weight on its own. What episode, from which series do you pick?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Out of all Trek series, you're allowed one episode (no movies or multi-parters) to explain what Trek is to someone with no awareness of ST. You're allowed no means of priming your viewer, the episode has got to carry the weight on its own. What episode, from which series do you pick?
    Probably either The City On The Edge Of Forever or The Devil In The Dark since I think anyone would understand the moral quandaries they provide.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Either TNG's "The Measure of a Man" or "Who Watches the Watchers?"
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Easy, any answer that isn't "The Trouble with Tribbles" is wrong.

Boisterously Confused

I'd choose either TOS S1 episode "The Return Of The Archons" or TNG S4 episode "First Contact." Both deal with Star Fleet as an exploration service, and the complications of meeting new civilizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Probably either The City On The Edge Of Forever or The Devil In The Dark since I think anyone would understand the moral quandaries they provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Easy, any answer that isn't "The Trouble with Tribbles" is wrong.
    Good choices.

"Arena" (TOS), "Balance of Terror" (TOS), and "The Drumhead" (TNG) would be other suggestions I'd have.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

“Inner Light” from TNG.
    “Balance of Terror” from TOS.
    “Explorers” from DS9.
    "Blink of an Eye" from VOY.

It depends on which Trek you think they would like? Those would be my picks in order.

Not familiar enough with the rest of shows to pick one for them.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Dunno, I might go with "Amok Time" for an initiate. Its got sex, drugs and rocknroll - everything I think of as Star Trek - the ship interiors, an alien planet, alien cultural relations, Starfleet bureaucracy, stodgy Vulcans, fighting, beautiful ladies, shirtless men, bromance between Kirk and Spock (with McCoy being the wannabe outsider) and special lingo (Pon Farr!). Plus T'Pau is kind of hot for an old lady.

Makes me want to go watch the episode!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-01-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Dunno, I might go with "Amok Time" for an initiate. Its got sex, drugs and rocknroll - everything I think of as Star Trek - the ship interiors, an alien planet, alien cultural relations, Starfleet bureaucracy, stodgy Vulcans, fighting, beautiful ladies, shirtless men, bromance between Kirk and Spock (with McCoy being the wannabe outsider) and special lingo (Pon Farr!). Plus T'Pau is kind of hot for an old lady.

I am putting it on as we speak!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Boisterously Confused

That's a really good pick.

That's a really good pick.
    Well shoot, I am about 3/4 of the way through the episode now and I have to say ... I think that will take the place of Balance of Terror.

That was a really good pick!

You get the Spock/Kirk/McCoy trio at their best, most of the crew being the crew, some Starfleet, Vulcan, aliens, action, drama, character moments galor.

Nicely done.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-01-2020 at 02:44 PM.