Page 42 of 183 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

In addition to Odo he was also col.West in Undiscovered Country. although he was cut out of the theatrical release and showed up in the home video (Except the blu ray I think since that's the theatrical cut).

I was kind of surprised when I heard his real voice which is pretty much totally different from Odo and West's gruff tones. Probably why he also did a ton of voice acting too.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    That sucks, I always enjoyed seeing/hearing him. Like David Ogden Stiers, he was one of those guys I don't often think too much about but now that he is gone I remember how he enriched any production he was part of.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That sucks, I always enjoyed seeing/hearing him. Like David Ogden Stiers, he was one of those guys I don't often think too much about but now that he is gone I remember how he enriched any production he was part of.
    It's funny you mention David Ogden Stiers...they have a M*A*S*H* connection. Rene Auberjonois was Father Mulcahy in the original movie.

It's also been a pretty bad week for the Star Trek universe as he's the third notable actor across the various series to have passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    In addition to Odo he was also col.West in Undiscovered Country. although he was cut out of the theatrical release and showed up in the home video (Except the blu ray I think since that's the theatrical cut).

I was kind of surprised when I heard his real voice which is pretty much totally different from Odo and West's gruff tones. Probably why he also did a ton of voice acting too.
    That's right. I forgot that he was the first actor to do the voice of the Scarecrow on Batman: The Animated Series.

Fontana, Nog, and Odo. That's enough Trek death for now, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Also the guys who played Charlie X and the antagonist boy from Miri.

Aw jeez. RIP, René.

Picard has been given the greenlight for a second season. I'm actually hoping they bring in Q, provided he doesn't show up this season (I think they managed to keep Jeri Ryan a secret until the trailer).

Finished Deep Space 9 today. I saw most of the first three seasons back when it came out but I didn't think I'd seen much of the later seasons but found myself surprised now and again with some "oh yeah" moments where realized I had seen the episode or at least some episode in the era. Things Ezri Dax, Kira in a Starfleet uniform, etc. BTW, Nana Visitor looked so much hotter in season seven when she let her hair grow out some.

Overall thoughts on the series. It was overall good. I know it was semi revolutionary for its time by being serialized to a point though it wasn't the first serialized show as I've seen some claim as there was a show called Wiseguy in the 80's that was 100% serialized from episode to episode and ran 3 to 4 seasons. However it wasn't as serialized as I expected as it had lots of filler stand alone episodes. Like all Star Treks it had some great episodes and some really bad episodes. The acting was also very hit or miss. Avery Brooks (Sisko) was very Shatneresque at times with his over dramatized deliveries and I don't mean that in a good way and both his wife and later his girlfriend Kasidy were especially bad. Lita was horrible as well though she was nice to look at. And the lounge singer guy wore out his welcome with me after about 5 minutes which made his extended song in the finale painful and I actually skipped through most of it.

The Ferengi really annoyed me early on but grew on me as the show went on though I cringed anytime the Grand Magis was in an episode as it was cheesy in a bad way.

Did any of these characters beside Worf ever appear again in Star Trek movies or shows? Worf was obviously in movies set after the end of DS9 but I don't recall ever seeing the rest anywhere but then I haven't seen much of Voyager so if one someone somehow someway guest starred there I would have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Did any of these characters beside Worf ever appear again in Star Trek movies or shows? Worf was obviously in movies set after the end of DS9 but I don't recall ever seeing the rest anywhere but then I haven't seen much of Voyager so if one someone somehow someway guest starred there I would have missed it.
    Quark had a cameo in the TNG epide "Firstborn," VOY pilot (but all set during DS9's run) and was set to have another cameo with Rom (if I recall correctly) in the Insurrection film, but that was cut. Dr. Bashir had a guest appearance in the TNG episode "Birthright, Part I," but, once again, set during DS9.

Gul Evek, a minor Cardassian character from DS9 shows "Playing God" "The Maquis, Part I" and "Tribunal," was also in the TNG shows "Journey's End" and "Preemptive Strike" and the VOY pilot. An Admiral Chekote from DS9's "The Circle" (no relation to VOY's Chakotay) was also seen in TNG's "Gambit, Part II". Once again, all those were set during DS9, not after it.

So far as I know, that's it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Any details I can find on Tarantino s movie... Plot, Era, characters etc. ��

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Looks like it won't happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Last idea I heard involved whatever characters the movie focused on (preexisting or original, not sure if that was ever clarified) traveling through time and interacting with specific events from the TV shows for some reason. I honestly didn't think it sounded like a good idea, but that's just me.

As far as it looking like it won't happen period, my understanding has been that no final decision has been reached, so it could theoretically happen, but, conversely, it's also coming out that the deal was far less set in stone then we had originally thought (I guess the difference between considering an idea and actively trying to make it happen).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Anyone know if the prose novels have been given up on? It seems like they are publishing a lot fewer of them nowadays.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Quark had a cameo in the TNG epide "Firstborn," VOY pilot (but all set during DS9's run) and was set to have another cameo with Rom (if I recall correctly) in the Insurrection film, but that was cut. Dr. Bashir had a guest appearance in the TNG episode "Birthright, Part I," but, once again, set during DS9.

Gul Evek, a minor Cardassian character from DS9 shows "Playing God" "The Maquis, Part I" and "Tribunal," was also in the TNG shows "Journey's End" and "Preemptive Strike" and the VOY pilot. An Admiral Chekote from DS9's "The Circle" (no relation to VOY's Chakotay) was also seen in TNG's "Gambit, Part II". Once again, all those were set during DS9, not after it.

So far as I know, that's it.
    Robert Picardo had a cameo as another holographic doctor in First Contact.
    Dark does not mean deep.