Page 121 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2736
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering the current quasi-renaissance of the series side of Star Trek, especialy when more "classic" takes are met with a lot more positive buzz, i wouldn't be suprised if the people in charge have inofficialy decided the "big blockbuster verse" isn't worth the effort anymore.

If one movie flops or has development issues it hurts a lot more than if one of multiple series isn't as successfull or runs into trouble.
    I'd love for them to do a big screen film with the cast of Strange New Worlds. They did films with Next Gen while the show was filming so they could do the same here.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I'd love to see either a ParamountPlus movie or miniseries that gives ENT a proper send off.

My idea due to the cast ages it's 2181 20 years since the founding of the Federation Archer is an Admiral and meeting with Federation Councilman Shran and Shran mentions that the current President of the Federation will be termed limited out in 3 years and Archer should consider running.

T'Pol is on Vulcan living a quiet and solitary life.

Sato is married to unseen spouse and is teaching linguistics at the Academy although her and her spouse are considering moving to Tarsus IV. She is having weekly lunch in Chinatown with Phlox who is working at Starfleet Medical.

Mayweather is Captain of a Warp 7 Daedalus Class Starship he picks up a shuttle that was transmitting a coded distress call and it's Malcolm who is back actively working for Section 31. He tells Mayweather they need to get to Earth, and he needs to see Archer and his information is too sensitive to be sent over open space. On Earth Malcolm tells Archer that there has been a government change on Romulus and their old friend is in danger now. Archer and Reed are the only 2 to know Trip is alive and has been living on Romulus under an assumed identity and secretly sabotaging any Romulus technology and projects they might be developing in hopes of restarting the war and winning. But now the new government is purging old members of the past regime which Trip ironically was under his fake identity.

Archer gets the gang back together to go on a covert mission to rescue Trip using the old Enterprise which is the Refit version never seen on screen. Shran comes along with the crew simply because he's tired of his "Desk Job". Long story short they save Trip, and he retires to Vulcan with T'Pol, and he allows history to think he died 20 years earlier to protect his fake identity which the Romulans have no idea was fake believing he died when the crew got him off Romulus, I'd have it be a fake sacrifice to look like he was a true Romulan patriot who dies for the Empire. Doing so they won't question his former loyalty anymore and thus won't go back and look into research they abandoned due to his recommendations.

Trip also survived in the novel spin-offs, although I think like Reed he winds up working for Section 31.

There's of course a loop hole with the final episode, being that the whole thing was a holodeck recreation and might have been unreliable.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'd love to see either a ParamountPlus movie or miniseries that gives ENT a proper send off.

My idea due to the cast ages it's 2181 20 years since the founding of the Federation Archer is an Admiral and meeting with Federation Councilman Shran and Shran mentions that the current President of the Federation will be termed limited out in 3 years and Archer should consider running.

Sato is married to unseen spouse and is teaching linguistics at the Academy although her and her spouse are considering moving to Tarsus IV. She is having weekly lunch in Chinatown with Phlox who is working at Starfleet Medical.

Mayweather is Captain of a Warp 7 Daedalus Class Starship he picks up a shuttle that was transmitting a coded distress call and it's Malcolm who is back actively working for Section 31. He tells Mayweather they need to get to Earth, and he needs to see Archer and his information is too sensitive to be sent over open space. On Earth Malcolm tells Archer that there has been a government change on Romulus and their old friend is in danger now. Archer and Reed are the only 2 to know Trip is alive and has been living on Romulus under an assumed identity and secretly sabotaging any Romulus technology and projects they might be developing in hopes of restarting the war and winning. But now the new government is purging old members of the past regime which Trip ironically was under his fake identity.

Archer gets the gang back together to go on a covert mission to rescue Trip using the old Enterprise which is the Refit version never seen on screen. Shran comes along with the crew simply because he's tired of his "Desk Job". Long story short they save Trip, and he retires to Vulcan with T'Pol, and he allows history to think he died 20 years earlier to protect his fake identity which the Romulans have no idea was fake believing he died when the crew got him off Romulus, I'd have it be a fake sacrifice to look like he was a true Romulan patriot who dies for the Empire. Doing so they won't question his former loyalty anymore and thus won't go back and look into research they abandoned due to his recommendations.
    I'd watch the hell out of that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

I agree. ENT had a very... controversial finale. Ony the shot of the three Enterprises at the end was good and touching send off.

One other ENT related thing I've always had in my head is a scene with Travis Mayweather and Robert April. Now with April cast it would be a nice scene I think perhaps a Short Trek and remember McCoy was 137 in Encounter at Farpoint and Picard is 20 years older than Patrick Stewart, so a 119-year-old Mayweather isn't crazy in Trek.

Space Dock 2245 24 hours until the launching of the Constitution Class USS Enterprise NCC-1701 and an old man looks out onto the ship and a figure approaches him.

April: Commodore Mayweather.

Mayweather: Yes.

April: Commodore, I didn't think you were arriving until tomorrow?

Mayweather: I got in earlier and thought I'd give her look at before the crowd's show up. She looks good I've kept a vested interest in her development and happy to see she's turned out to be a credit to her name.

April: I know of your following of the Enterprise's construction. I also know you recommended me for the command, and I'd like to thank you.

Mayweather (Cuts Him Off): Not another word I didn't do it for you I did for her the Enterprise deserves the best.

April: Understood. Sir may I ask you a question while I have you here it's something I've always wondered?

Mayweather: Yeah, go ahead.

April: Sir you're one of the most respected men in Starfleet you've served on the 1st Warp 5 vessel the former Enterprise and while on Enterprise you were involved in 1st contact with many civilizations for Starfleet that eventually became founding members of the Federation, you helped defeat the Xindi, fought in the Romulan War, and commanded one of the 1st Daedalus Class Vessels.

Mayweather (Raising hand to interrupt): April I'm old not senile and I know my own career so does this have a point?

April: Sorry Sir but yes. Due to your career, you've been offered the Admiral position many times but have always refused it why?

Mayweather: You look as surprised by that question as Jonathan Archer was by my answer when President Archer 1st offered it to me, and I turned it down. Starfleet has a habit of keeping the Admiralty close to "Home" most are posted either on or close to Earth and other core worlds. I'm a boomer I was born, raised, and spent my life in space solid ground is as foreign to me as land is to a fish. Commodores are usually assigned as Sector Commanders and thus are usually posted to Outposts, Space Stations, or Starships meaning they're usually space bound not planet bound. So, I've chosen to keep the Admiral pips off my uniform. Understood?

April: Yes Sir.

Mayweather: Well, I think I'll head to my quarters to get some rest big day tomorrow.

April: Yes, it is well Goodnight, Sir.

Mayweather (Head's Out, But Stops): April can you do me a favor?

April: Anything Sir.

Mayweather: Make sure to treat her well because Enterprise isn't a ship it's a legacy and when the time comes make sure you choose the right person to replace you and tell them what I just said and make sure they promise to do the same.

April: I will Sir.

Mayweather: Good.

Ok I promise end of my ENT Fan fiction lol.

One other ENT related thing I've always had in my head is a scene with Travis Mayweather and Robert April. Now with April cast it would be a nice scene I think perhaps a Short Trek and remember McCoy was 137 in Encounter at Farpoint and Picard is 20 years older than Patrick Stewart, so a 119-year-old Mayweather isn't crazy in Trek.

Space Dock 2245 24 hours until the launching of the Constitution Class USS Enterprise NCC-1701 and an old man looks out onto the ship and a figure approaches him.

April: Commodore Mayweather.

Mayweather: Yes.

April: Commodore, I didn't think you were arriving until tomorrow?

Mayweather: I got in earlier and thought I'd give her look at before the crowd's show up. She looks good I've kept a vested interest in her development and happy to see she's turned out to be a credit to her name.

April: I know of your following of the Enterprise's construction. I also know you recommended me for the command, and I'd like to thank you.

Mayweather (Cuts Him Off): Not another word I didn't do it for you I did for her the Enterprise deserves the best.

April: Understood. Sir may I ask you a question while I have you here it's something I've always wondered?

Mayweather: Yeah, go ahead.

April: Sir you're one of the most respected men in Starfleet you've served on the 1st Warp 5 vessel the former Enterprise and while on Enterprise you were involved in 1st contact with many civilizations for Starfleet that eventually became founding members of the Federation, you helped defeat the Xindi, fought in the Romulan War, and commanded one of the 1st Daedalus Class Vessels.

Mayweather (Raising hand to interrupt): April I'm old not senile and I know my own career so does this have a point?

April: Sorry Sir but yes. Due to your career, you've been offered the Admiral position many times but have always refused it why?

Mayweather: You look as surprised by that question as Jonathan Archer was by my answer when President Archer 1st offered it to me, and I turned it down. Starfleet has a habit of keeping the Admiralty close to "Home" most are posted either on or close to Earth and other core worlds. I'm a boomer I was born, raised, and spent my life in space solid ground is as foreign to me as land is to a fish. Commodores are usually assigned as Sector Commanders and thus are usually posted to Outposts, Space Stations, or Starships meaning they're usually space bound not planet bound. So, I've chosen to keep the Admiral pips off my uniform. Understood?

April: Yes Sir.

Mayweather: Well, I think I'll head to my quarters to get some rest big day tomorrow.

April: Yes, it is well Goodnight, Sir.

Mayweather (Head's Out, But Stops): April can you do me a favor?

April: Anything Sir.

Mayweather: Make sure to treat her well because Enterprise isn't a ship it's a legacy and when the time comes make sure you choose the right person to replace you and tell them what I just said and make sure they promise to do the same.

April: I will Sir.

Mayweather: Good.

Ok I promise end of my ENT Fan fiction lol.
    I'm more than okay with it, it sounds like it would be a solid meeting.

So was watching First Contact and Nemesis over the weekend which made me revise my ranking of the films.

Best to Worst (But I do enjoy them all) Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, First Contact, Voyage Home, Beyond, Search for Spock, 2009, Nemesis, The Motion Picture, Generations, Final Frontier, Into Darkness, & Insurrection.

But while watching First Contact it dawned on me how a certain subsection of fans would call it "Woke" Garbage as if Trek wasn't always "Woke" hating any Trek for being left is idiotic. Like what were you watching if you didn't think Trek was left? But yeah, I am watching the film thinking God there would be so many angry idiots online if this was released in 2022 instead of 1996.

The moment you get to Montana they'd have a hissy fit. So, Zefram Cochrane the creator of Warp drive played by a mid-thirties Glenn Corbett in TOS who had a John Wayne type look and a right stuff feel to him is replaced by middle aged bean pole James Cromwell (Who might add is an amazing actor). Also, Cochrane is now a Drunk who doesn't care about his ship the Phoenix or space all he wants is money now in the film this leads to character growth, but it's 2022 people don't care about that. On the flipside you have his partner Lily Sloane by the fantastic Alfre Woodward but is a woman and African American, so you know what that means "Diversity Hire" seriously how do they never pick up how racist that just sounds. Lily is the one who cares about the Phoenix and runs off to protect it she also gets to be part of the action on the Enterprise and is the one who gets thru to Picard to let his Borg obsession go.

Smallville had a biracial brunette play Lana and an African American play Pete Ross while BSG gender swapped Starbuck and Boomer and you can imagine how well these decisions would go over today even though those shows were awesome. Same for my favorite Trek DS9 they can claim they love Sisko all they want but I guarantee you if Avery Brooks was cast today dear God they'd probably riot. I know these A-Holes always existed and its social media, YouTube, and Grifter amplifying their voices. BUT

Sci-Fi is about looking to the future well hopeful Sci-fi is and that means it's going to be left of current center because the future always is because like it or not conservatism is about tradition while progressivism is about growing. Watching First Contact made me realize two things one it's better than I remember hence it is bumping up on my list past Voyage Home and two Star Trek is and always has been progressive and if someone doesn't like that then why are they watching it? Move on it's not for you.

What's interesting about the BSG reboot is that there was backlash over Starbuck, but very little over Boomer or Tigh. I can't imagine why...
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    What's interesting about the BSG reboot is that there was backlash over Starbuck, but very little over Boomer or Tigh. I can't imagine why...
    That's kind of my point there was some and also a lot of the backlash was mostly due to there being a Reboot at all especially after there was a sequel series in development right before they scrapped it for a reboot. Anger over the reboot like the original series was a sacred cow and the 1980 series never happened which ironically the sequel idea was ignoring. Also anger at the gender swapping and Tigh race swapping. But it was contained to some scifi boards and never got traction outside of them due to there being no outlets for it like today.

It makes you wonder if no Social Media or YouTube how much of this nonsense we have had to deal with in the last decade would had even happened.

DISCO backlash would have fizzled out just like TNG and DS9 backlash and I say this as someone who doesn't like DISCO. But the unjust hatred for all the wrong reasons wouldn't have happened without the Grifters and then media feeding it.

There was a rumor that Lt. Hawk (Neal Mcdonough's character) was going to be gay, but it has yet to be officially confirmed, although the novels featuring him (Set before FC, naturally) definitely use that idea.

I suspect that backlash of that nature isn't more prevalent but just more prevalently communicated to a wide audience. This is the internet, where one guy's video about a cat can end up with 60 million views.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Most of the backlash about DS9 when it started is that it was "boldly going nowhere" and missing the point of the franchise.

Although when you think about it, TNG didn't often explore that much outside of worlds already known to the Federation, especially past it's first season. A lot of it's stuff revolved around keeping the peace/diplomacy rather than exploration.

So WEREWOLF BY NIGHT has Kirk Thatcher (The punk from ST IV and PICARD) in a role.