Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183
Results 2,731 to 2,736 of 2736

when will Uhura get to be captain of her own ship?

According to one of the Picard placards Uhura was given command of the Leondegrance after Star Trek VI.

Like Enterprise it had several missions but then became an Academy training vessel, although Uhura remained as it's captain similar to Spock at the beginning of TWOK. Picard first went to warp aboard it as a cadet (Guess he didn't have any other reason to leave Earth before joining the academy...)

Although Enterprise-A was decommissioned I think only Kirk and Scotty were mentioned as having retired and the others continued their careers; Spock of course eventually became an ambassador, McCoy became an admiral, Sulu was already a Captain....

Chekhov's a bit of a mystery but presumably he would've still been in starfleet as he was relatively young compared to the others. We know he had a son at some point who was in PICARD. Some of the novels have him join Sulu on Excelsior.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-31-2024 at 05:17 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Always wondered why Data looks as he does and people are shocked by him after Harry Mudd had his androids that seemed much more lifelike and had emotions and all unless they were wholly inferior to Data in most ways.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Always wondered why Data looks as he does and people are shocked by him after Harry Mudd had his androids that seemed much more lifelike and had emotions and all unless they were wholly inferior to Data in most ways.
    Most of the others are from some long dead race and can't even begin to be duplicated.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Data is generally more intelligent and able to learn, problem solve etc while the other androids, while more lifelike on the outside, were generally more limited in programming (Mudd's androids, various others) or were mostly just carbon copies of human brains (Corby).

Although by the time of Picard we do see they're improving this although I think the tech used for the twins, Data 3.0 and Picard's new body was generally rare, hence "Fred" and the others from the synth planet still having a largely Soong-style body.

Even the Data's mother android was largely copied I think from her original brain. Data had some personalities programmed from Soong and some colonists but I don't think he was a 'copy' of them in the same way Corby was.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-07-2024 at 08:39 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

My Trek head canon:

Dr. Gillian Taylor is Capt. John Christopher's daughter. It's a stretch, but it warms my fanboy heart.

Boothby was born on Mars. If this isn't the case, Star Trek showrunners are big dumb poopyheads.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?