Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1508
  1. #1351
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    6,173

    Default

    In Pale Moon light is my second favorite episode My all time favorite is The Visitor. Tony Todd nails his his role he always does and it was one of the few episodes that I really enjoyed Jake Sisko as a character. My 3rd favorite being Nor Battle to the Strong. Another one that makes Jake relatable and more human and dare I say an enjoyable character if only for a little bit.

    I had my dad watch In Pale Moonlight with me and he was just lie "All he does is talk to him self most of the time. What is happening?" God love my dad but DS9 was just not his thing.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  2. #1352
    Mighty Member Godzilla2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In Pale Moon light is my second favorite episode My all time favorite is The Visitor. Tony Todd nails his his role he always does and it was one of the few episodes that I really enjoyed Jake Sisko as a character. My 3rd favorite being Nor Battle to the Strong. Another one that makes Jake relatable and more human and dare I say an enjoyable character if only for a little bit.

    I had my dad watch In Pale Moonlight with me and he was just lie "All he does is talk to him self most of the time. What is happening?" God love my dad but DS9 was just not his thing.
    Its a two way street for me. When I visit my parents and my mom has one of those Home Shows on about which beach house will this couple buy, I'm rolling my eyes thinking "Who the hell cares?"

  3. #1353
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    6,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Its a two way street for me. When I visit my parents and my mom has one of those Home Shows on about which beach house will this couple buy, I'm rolling my eyes thinking "Who the hell cares?"
    Oh I very much get that. my dad love My 600 Pound Life!

    For me he is the reason I have such a hard time watching The Visitor. Jake is very close to his father and losing him destroyed Jake and it was even worse because his dad didnt die he was trapped between worlds. I can understand Jake and his obsession with doing what he could to save his dad.

    I am very close with my father he is my best friend. And losing him is something I dont want to think about And not matter how much I love The Visitor it takes me to that place and is very hard to watch.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  4. #1354
    Mighty Member Godzilla2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Oh I very much get that. my dad love My 600 Pound Life!

    For me he is the reason I have such a hard time watching The Visitor. Jake is very close to his father and losing him destroyed Jake and it was even worse because his dad didnt die he was trapped between worlds. I can understand Jake and his obsession with doing what he could to save his dad.

    I am very close with my father he is my best friend. And losing him is something I dont want to think about And not matter how much I love The Visitor it takes me to that place and is very hard to watch.
    My condolences for your loss. I have a small family and really close with my parents too.

  5. #1355
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    6,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    My condolences for your loss. I have a small family and really close with my parents too.
    Oh no I think I misspoke. I havnt lost him. I am his caretaker he is ill. But when I watch that episode my mind goes to the fact that at some point I will lose him and that is hard for me and that iis why it is hard to see that episode.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  6. #1356
    Extraordinary Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    So apparently the post-Nemesis novel line has a finale called "Coda" (Not to be confused with the Voyager episode). It seems to be a "Crisis on Infinite Earths/Time Runs Out" sort of thing, except involving Trek, since the events in Picard and later seasons of Discovery contradict them-and I don't think the novels ever dealt with the destruction of Romulus.


    Kind of reminds me that the post-ROTJ Star Wars novels also had their own finale, "Crucible" although in that case there was no universe ending threat, just a kind of "walk into the sunset" ending.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  7. #1357
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    6,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So apparently the post-Nemesis novel line has a finale called "Coda" (Not to be confused with the Voyager episode). It seems to be a "Crisis on Infinite Earths/Time Runs Out" sort of thing, except involving Trek, since the events in Picard and later seasons of Discovery contradict them-and I don't think the novels ever dealt with the destruction of Romulus.


    Kind of reminds me that the post-ROTJ Star Wars novels also had their own finale, "Crucible" although in that case there was no universe ending threat, just a kind of "walk into the sunset" ending.
    I read the first book of the "Coda" trilogy, and it was great. I have book 2 but haven't started it, and 3 is in the mail.

    Part of me is a bit relieved that the line is ending - I'm still backed up on so many books but wanted to see how they ended - and another part of me is completely bummed. They really took Trek literature had never been before and created a cohesive universe; always felt reminiscent of Mike Carlin's Superman books in the 90's.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  8. #1358
    Extraordinary Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Interesting anecdotes about post-presidency Reagan visiting the set of TNG during the "Redemption" filming:

    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ronald_Reagan
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  9. #1359
    Extraordinary Member Deathstroke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,041

    Default

    I picked up this shirt from the official store when they were running a 25% off sale. It came in the mail yesterday.

    AAAA1st33.jpg
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

    Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

    "I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

  10. #1360
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,399

    Default

    I have the baseball cap with this logo saved in my Wish account. I just haven't pulled the trigger.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  11. #1361
    Astonishing Member Witchfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    I rewatched Season Two of TNG. Definitely an improvement over Season One. There are some great episodes, but also some stinkers. Replacing Beverly with Dr. Pulaski was a mistake. Deanna Troi has better hair and clothes this season. Of the two female characters on the show, she is the better one.

    Good Trek-
    Enterprise Seasons 3 and 4
    Discovery Seasons 1 and 2
    The Original Series
    The Animated Series
    The Motion Picture 7/10
    The Wrath of Khan 9/10
    The Search For Spock 7/10
    The Voyage Home 9/10
    The Undiscovered Country 8/10
    The Next Generation Season 2


    Bad Trek-
    Enterprise Seasons 1 and 2
    Discovery Season 3
    The Final Frontier 5/10
    The Next Generation Season 1


    1. Spock A
    2. Kirk A
    3. Scotty B
    4. Phlox B
    5. McCoy B
    6. Trip B
    7. Archer B
    8. Sarek B
    9. Saavik B
    10. Sulu C
    11. T'Pol C
    12. Checkov C
    13. Urhura C
    14. Malcom C
    15. Hoshi C
    16. David C
    17. Amanda C
    18. Chapel D
    19. Mayweather D
    20. M'Ress D
    21. Arex D
    22. Rand F
    23. Pulaski F

  12. #1362
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Interesting anecdotes about post-presidency Reagan visiting the set of TNG during the "Redemption" filming:

    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ronald_Reagan
    Stewart's description of Reagan is funny

  13. #1363
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So apparently the post-Nemesis novel line has a finale called "Coda" (Not to be confused with the Voyager episode). It seems to be a "Crisis on Infinite Earths/Time Runs Out" sort of thing, except involving Trek, since the events in Picard and later seasons of Discovery contradict them-and I don't think the novels ever dealt with the destruction of Romulus.

    Kind of reminds me that the post-ROTJ Star Wars novels also had their own finale, "Crucible" although in that case there was no universe ending threat, just a kind of "walk into the sunset" ending.
    Generally Trek does not count anything that is NOT onscreen at one time.

    There are exceptions like Pathways because someone from Voyager wrote it.

    IDW Comics-a crewmember from Recent Star Trek films was introduced in Star Trek Into Darkness.

    0718-who is the humanoid avatar of the Enterprise's central computer.

    https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/...prise!,_Part_1

  14. #1364
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Stewart's description of Reagan is funny
    If he thought Reagan seemed like a clockwork dummy, a non-sitting President, I wonder what he might think of the bizarre one actively sitting in Office?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  15. #1365
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    12,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If he thought Reagan seemed like a clockwork dummy, a non-sitting President, I wonder what he might think of the bizarre one actively sitting in Office?
    He became a citizen.

    Ready to engage: Patrick Stewart applying for US citizenship so he can 'fight' Trump
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •