Page 120 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2736

I enjoy these bread and butter episodes; they're the ones that really make shows great as a whole, not just the epic episodes that always get all the glory.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Niffleheim

Louise Fletcher, who played Kai Winn Adami, Dies at 88

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/l...st-1235382490/

An Interview about her role as Kai Winn

https://ca.startrek.com/article/winn...ouise-fletcher
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-24-2022 at 10:11 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Kai Winn was a horrible, unlikeable character.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Kai Winn was a horrible, unlikeable character.
    My child, most loved to hate Kai Winn. Louise Fletcher cornered the market of playing great villains and she is easily in my best top 10 Star Trek villains.
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-24-2022 at 07:04 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Louise Fletcher was an amazing actress RIP.

As for Kai Winn she was an awful person which was the whole point and a great villain. Her and Dukat were probably Trek's best 2 villains IMO. & Yes I'm putting them above Khan and Q. First off I'm not counting species as the Borg was the most terrifying when done right. Q was more of a gray character to me vs a villain. Khan while interesting was also pretty one note to me "We're Superior" & later "I hate Kirk". Winn and Dukhat seemed more layered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Louise Fletcher, who played Kai Winn Adami, Dies at 88

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/l...st-1235382490/

An Interview about her role as Kai Winn

https://ca.startrek.com/article/winn...ouise-fletcher
    Between her Oscar-winning role in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Kai Winn and the grandmother in Flowers In The Attic, Louise Fletcher pretty much cornered the market on playing truly evil villains. And that is why she was such a great actress.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

And of course, the next film is delayed again.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Star Trek 4 Removed From Paramount's Release Schedule

https://www.cbr.com/star-trek-4-remo...ease-schedule/

Paramount Pictures' Star Trek 4 loses its December 2023 release date following the departure of director Matt Shakman.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Star Trek 4 Removed From Paramount's Release Schedule

https://www.cbr.com/star-trek-4-remo...ease-schedule/

Paramount Pictures' Star Trek 4 loses its December 2023 release date following the departure of director Matt Shakman.
    No director, no release date, no script, and no actors are signed on to it. This movie will never happen.

BANNED

I would prefer to see a reunion movie for either Voyager or DS9 rather than a new visit to the dreaded Kelvin Timeline.

Incredible Member

I would sum up the current Trek shows as follows. Lower Decks & Strange New Worlds good. Discovery far too often boring and occasionally good. Picard messy, sometimes good, good cast wasted on some weak scripts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    And of course, the next film is delayed again.
    Considering the current quasi-renaissance of the series side of Star Trek, especialy when more "classic" takes are met with a lot more positive buzz, i wouldn't be suprised if the people in charge have inofficialy decided the "big blockbuster verse" isn't worth the effort anymore.

If one movie flops or has development issues it hurts a lot more than if one of multiple series isn't as successfull or runs into trouble.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I would sum up the current Trek shows as follows. Lower Decks & Strange New Worlds good. Discovery far too often boring and occasionally good. Picard messy, sometimes good, good cast wasted on some weak scripts.
    I do really want to like some of the *new* characters on Picard (all of them, really, I don't even hate Raffi, like 98% of the Intarwebs!), but good gosh, those stories... Oh, and I'm also that one guy who always hated Q, so last season was definitely not my jam (although it was great to see Dr. Jurati get a meaty role, which she ate right up!).

But Lower Decks remains a treasure. The Tamareans occasional non-sequitor metaphors make me laugh out loud.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I would prefer to see a reunion movie for either Voyager or DS9 rather than a new visit to the dreaded Kelvin Timeline.
    I'd personally love that.

However I think the only way we'll ever see it is if Paramount+ does some sort of direct-to-streaming film; the studio bigwigs will never put either of those casts on the big screen.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES