Page 148 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2736

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ah jeez, it really is them! Uniforms and all!

Extraordinary Member

Khan!!! The Musical is highly recommended if you can see it in the time it has left.

Fun fact (learned it from "Caravan of Garbage" Transformers: The Movie feature)-Frank Welker supplied the groans of the aging Spock in Star Trek III; Welker of course was temporarily replaced by Nimoy in Transformers: The Movie as Galvatron, Megatron's "upgraded" form (When the series returned to TV, Welker was Galvatron). Nimoy of course would also play Sentinel Prime in the third live-action movie.

There's a myth around that Nimoy voiced some of Unicron's lines since Welles died during production; however that's false. Although some of Unicron's roars were taken from the 1982 Hulk cartoon! (Also by Sunbow/Marvel).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-26-2023 at 05:41 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Khan!!! The Musical is highly recommended if you can see it in the time it has left.
    I wish I could! The song below makes me want to book a special trip to do just that.

Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Now how many of us really believe that if Kirk HAD gone to check up on Khan on Ceti Alpha V, that Khan wouldn't have tried to strand Kirk and crew down on the planet and steal the Enterprise? Khan, you're not slick.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

There's some fan theories that Kirk knew something had gone terribly wrong but didn't want to bother with it, or altered the data somehow creating Reliant's error.

Mostly involving Section 31 of course (or implying that they destroyed Ceti Alpha 6). Funny thing is in the Kelvin continuity Khan is an agent of theirs at first.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's some fan theories that Kirk knew something had gone terribly wrong but didn't want to bother with it, or altered the data somehow creating Reliant's error.

Mostly involving Section 31 of course (or implying that they destroyed Ceti Alpha 6). Funny thing is in the Kelvin continuity Khan is an agent of theirs at first.
    That sounds like another entry into the tired "The protagonists are the REAL villains of the story" category of fantheory. Of course, if someone has convinced themselves that the presentation of the story is all wrong and the heroes and villains are the opposite of what we are shown I question whether they are really fans.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I love looking at Starships. The designs are great to me.

What is everyone's favorite Starship?

I love The Reliant. From the first time I saw it I was blown away. I still cant describe what it is about it. But as a kid I thought it was amazing!

What are some of your alls favorites?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

I dont think Kirk knew anything was wrong. In fact I dont think he thought about Khan much at all after the fact. He put Khan on the planet, filed his logs and went about his business. To me the fault of what happened was on Star Fleet. The higher ups of course knew where Khan was, and they miss an exploding planet? Nah I think they just didnt want to be bothered.

I mean how often do captains follow up on past missions? How many times did we see Picard, or Sisko follow up on stuff after the mission was over? They just did what every captain did. File their reports and move on to other pressing matters.

As far as Kirk was concerned his role in the whole thing was over after he filed his reports.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-01-2023 at 12:58 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I love looking at Starships. The designs are great to me.

What is everyone's favorite Starship?

I love The Reliant. From the first time I saw it I was blown away. I still cant describe what it is about it. But as a kid I thought it was amazing!

What are some of your alls favorites?
    Enterprise NCC 1701D. Just love the design of that ship.

Also partial to DS9's USS Defiant, the NX-01, and (unpopular perhaps) the Strange New World's NCC 1701.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by JT221 View Post
    Enterprise NCC 1701D. Just love the design of that ship.

Also partial to DS9's USS Defiant, the NX-01, and (unpopular perhaps) the Strange New World's NCC 1701.
    I havnt seen Strange New Worlds yet. Is the ship really that different?

I dont think Kirk knew anything was wrong. In fact I dont think he thought about Khan much at all after the fact. He put Khan on the planet, filed his logs and went about his business. To me the fault of what happened was on Star Fleet. The higher ups of course knew where Khan was, and they miss an exploding planet? Nah I think they just didnt want to be bothered.

I mean how often do captains follow up on past missions? How many times did we see Picard, or Sisko follow up on stuff after the mission was over? They just did what every captain did. File their reports and move on to other pressing matters.

As far as Kirk was concerned his role in the whole thing was over after he filed his reports.
    Pretty much agreed...though once he was part of the Admiralty it might make some sense for him to at least check into the status of Kahn's world and/or if Starfleet was keeping an eye on him.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

I havnt seen Strange New Worlds yet. Is the ship really that different?
    Combines some of the elements from Star Trek: The Motion Picture and is darker than the original design. Interiors are vastly different, but improved, I think.