Page 109 of 182 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2729

In your opinion, who is the true Number One?

A. Commander Riker
    B. Una Chin-Reilly
    C. Picard's dog

I choose Picard's dog.

Extraordinary Member

Has anyone here ever put together one of the Enterprise model kits over the years? Looking for some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Has anyone here ever put together one of the Enterprise model kits over the years? Looking for some advice.
    I own a few that my g/f's uncle put together, but no longer had room for. According to him the real trick is in placing the decals just right to make the model look authentic.
    Watching television is not an activity.

One of the Polar lights ones way back and an Etrl even further. These days I kind of mainly just stick to Bandai stuff though which doesn't include many Trek kits these days.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Was wondering about painting. Specifically whether to paint the pieces individually or put the whole thing together first, and also what color paint to use. For TMP Constitution refit.

Interesting thing about the Constitution reboot in TMP, if you pay attention I think to it in TMP, when it's not in warp the deflector dish is goldish yellow, the same as the original Enterprise, but turns blue in warp. However the sequels (Apart from II's use of TMP stock footage) forgot this detail and left the blue light on all the time (And several times it's obviously not at warp so that's no excuse-it's blue in spacedock for example).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-04-2022 at 01:24 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I finished watching Discovery Season 4 and it was actually good! I'm shocked to see a television series get better overtime and am looking forward to Season 5.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I've put together a couple, and have one waiting to be worked on if I ever get the light/sound kit I want to get for it.

Was wondering about painting. Specifically whether to paint the pieces individually or put the whole thing together first, and also what color paint to use. For TMP Constitution refit.
    It depends on what kind of paint job you want to do. If you are just looking for a basic paint job, I'd go with Tamiya Pearlescent White. When dry, it gives a very nice, very subtle rainbow effect that looks beautiful. There are also paint masks that you can buy for the aztec detailing if you wanted to give it a more screen-accurate paint scheme (the Polar Lights 1/350 scale Enterprise refit actually came with decal sheets for the aztecing, IIRC). I think it may be beneficial to prime the pieces separately, then assemble, then do the final painting of the whole ship. That way there is less risk of damage to the paint job when you glue the pieces together.

IMDB score for individual episodes of Star Trek Discovery Season 4 and Star Trek Picard Season 2

Discovery Season 4
    Ep1- 5.7
    Ep2- 5.3
    Ep3- 5.3
    Ep4- 4.9
    Ep5- 5.8
    Ep6- 5.3
    Ep7- 5.6
    Ep8- 5.4
    Ep9- 5.6
    Ep10- 5.7
    Ep 11- 5.2
    Ep 12- 6.4
    Ep 13- 5.5
    Only one episode with a score of 6 or better. Probably the worst season of any Star Trek show ever.

Picard Season 2
    Ep1- 8.0
    Ep2- 8.0
    Ep3- 7.0
    Ep4- 6.3
    Ep5- 6.5
    Ep6- 6.1
    Ep7- 5.3
    Ep8- 6.1
    Ep9- 5.4
    Ep10- 6.9
    Picard started out great, got boring, but had a good ending.

Okay for fun I thought we could rank bridges and starship designs. I'm going to keep it to ships that were the main ship of a show or film with a few honorable mention and all live action.

Bridges:
    1: (Might get some hate for this): JJ's Enterprise.
    2: ST VI Enterprise.
    3: ST II/III Enterprise (Not going to rank TMP or IV too close in design).
    4: SNW.
    5: Generations Enterprise-D.
    6: NX Enterprise.
    7: Voyager.
    8: Enterprise-E.
    9: Defiant.
    10: TOS Enterprise (But as it looked in ENT which was technically Constitution Defiant).
    11: Enterprise-D from TNG.
    12: Discovery.
    13: ST V Enterprise-A (Just a bland Design).

Ships:
    1: Constitution Refit (Doesn't matter if Refit 1701 or A design differences are too small to matter.).
    2: Sovereign Class.
    3: Galaxy Class.
    4: Intrepid Class.
    5: Classic Constitution Class.
    6: NX Class.
    6: Crossfield Class (Discovery).
    7: JJ Enterprise.
    8: SNW Enterprise.

Honorable Mentions: Excelsior Class (My 2nd favorite ship design behind the Constitution Refit, Classic Excelsior too not the Enterprise-B design. Although I did like the B's Bridge a lot.), Nova Class, & Akira Class.

Ships:
    1: Galaxy
    2: Sovereign
    3: Intrepid
    4: Defiant
    5: Danube class Runabout
    6: NX
    7: Crossfield (31st C Refit)
    8: Constitution (SNW redesign)

Honorable Mentions:
    >Excelsior
    >Dauntless
    >Prometheus
    >Olympic
    >Walker class/Shenzhou & Shepard class/Gagarin since they're basically the same class just flipped upside down.
    >The planned NX refit (made canon I'm told by a ship model seen in PIC)

>Andrew Probert's original design for the Enterprise C...

Last edited by nx01a; 05-21-2022 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

As much as I love Star Trek, I've never loved the gangly look of the Enterprise, particularly the classic one.

But the Reliant, from Wrath of Khan, or the Defiant, from Deep Space Nine, manage to keep that Starfleet aesthetic while looking more aerodynamic and sleek to my eye (and yes, I know, it's space, spaceships don't need to be aerodynamic and can look like the Sulaco from Aliens, or whatever, but my brain wants things moving to be aerodynamic!).

I cant rank all the ships of classes but for me my number 1 every time is the USS Reliant from Wrath of Khan. Star Trek 2 was the first movie I saw and I fell in love with the Reliant. I used to have the Micro Machines Reliant toy and am bummed I dont have it any more.

I did a fan fic years ago where my main character was an agent of Section 31 and he and his crew had a refitted Reliant class ship painted black and it did not show up on Sensors and it was armed to the teeth! He goes rogue and Sisko in the Defiant and Picard in the Enterprise have to hunt him down. It was a masterpiece if I say so myself

My second favorite ship design would be The Excelsior.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-22-2022 at 05:30 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.