Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
That's just an over wrought rationalization, why even come up with it when the real reason(that it's simply a product of its time) is far easier to understand?

And they never updated the Tardis? That's patently false. The technology of the Tardis has changed dramatically over the years to fit not only the changing tones of the show but also the expectations of the audience.

As for Star Wars its technology was never the focus, the lived in look was but that isn't the case with Trek. Trek was supposed to be a look into our future and as a TV show it needs to adapt to changes in reality. As I said earlier, fans of the past accepted this as no one batted an eye when the Klingons dramatically changed their look, or the way costumes, weapons and bridge all looked different when Trek made the leap from canceled tv show to successful film franchise.

But hey, if at the end of the day creating convoluted explanations for an antiquated look enhances your personal enjoyment of Star Trek, be my guest...just don't try and pretend it's an objective criticism of the way new shows look.
I didn't say Tardis I said Hartnell's Tardis which was in Twice Upon a Doctor.

And the TOS Enterprise/Constitution Class was a product of its time which can be rationalized and was respected by TNG (Relics), DS9 (Tribbles and Tribulations), and ENT ( Into the Mirror Darkly Parts I & II).

So I give Discovery no leniency Discovery said we want to use that era of Trek but change it because it's not cool enough for us which I find insulting.