Page 102 of 183 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2736
    Incredible Member

From 'Picard' to 'Discovery': Every 'Star Trek' TV Show (So Far), Ranked

Agree? Disagree? How do you have them ranked?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    The link ranks them as follows:
    1-TNG
    2-DS9
    3-TOS
    4-Lower Decks
    5-VOY
    6-DISCO
    7-Short Treks
    8-ENT
    9-TAS
    10-Prodigy
    11-Picard

I'd swap TNG & DS9. Picard would be more middle of the pack. Short Treks would be last largely due to no structural narrative connecting them.
    Lower Decks & ENT would swap places.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

1-TNG
    2-DS9
    3-TOS
    4-VOY
    5-ENT
    6-DISCO
    7-Lower Decks
    8-Short Treks
    9-Picard

Not watched [yet]: Prodigy, TAS

Re: Lower Decks... Funny sci-fi isn't my thing but I was told about this episode and I enjoyed the non-Cerritos parts greatly, especially the Vulcan perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

1 - DS9
    2 - TNG
    3 - Lower Decks
    4 - TOS
    5 - TAS
    6 - DISCO
    7 - Picard
    8 - Prodigy
    9 - VOY
    10 - ENT

1-TNG
    2-DS9
    3-TOS
    4-VOY
    5-ENT
    6-Lower Decks
    7-Picard
    8-Short Treks
    9-DISCO

Never watched the TAS and haven’t seen Prodigy yet, though I suspect it will rank above Discovery.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

1. DS9/TNG (I refuse to choose!)
    2. VOY
    3. TOS
    4. Picard
    5. Lower Decks
    6. TAS
    7. DISCO
    8. ENT (so... damn... boring)
    9. Short Treks (ultimately pointless)

I've yet to watch any of Prodigy, but based on the trailers and snippets, the only thing appealing is the Janeway hologram.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Oooh list time!

1. TNG
    2. TOS
    3. Prodigy
    4. VOY
    5. DS9
    6. DISC
    7. TAS
    8. Picard
    9. LD
    10. ENT

Now I don't hate a show but modern Trek just hasn't been my bag. SNW has me pumped however.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-28-2022 at 08:47 AM.

Ultimate Member

Counting just live-action stuff;

1. DS9
    2. Enterprise
    3. TOS
    4. Next Gen
    5. Discovery
    6. Voyager
    7. Picard

For the animated stuff,
    1. Lower Decks
    2. the old animated Star Trek
    3. Protostar? Whatever the new one is.

1. Deep Space Nine - Absolutely top. In terms of storytelling and character work, it just did so much more than the rest. The main cast is great, especially Kira, Odo and Quark who stand apart amongst all the other main casts, but secondary characters like Garek, Dukat, Nog, Rom, Martok, Weyoun and others are really where the show shines. Even a character like Damar who didn't even become a regular recurring character until Season 6 went through more development than even a beloved character like Geordi. Also, Nog at his 45 appearances stands as the most complete character in all of Star Trek. Also, I found their morality tales far more effective as they never felt the need to constantly use their characters as the moral arbiters.

2. The Next Generation - This is my childhood and I likely don't view it with an entirely unbiased lens. When it's good, it's really good. It has some of the greatest single episodes that the series has ever produced. When I think of Star Trek, often some of the first episodes I think of are Darmok, Yesterday's Enterprise, The Inner Light, Cause and Effect, The Best of Both Worlds. The characters are also just as iconic as The Original Series at this point. If any of the shows are, this is my comfort show.

3. Lower Decks - The love letter to the franchise. Yes, some of the jokes don't always land. Yes, it sometimes relies too much on fan service, but the reason this rates so high is because I love the characters. Boimler, Rutherford, Tendi and Mariner are all characters who add a unique and interesting perspective to the universe and even in two 10 half hour episode long seasons, we've seen these characters grow and evolve more than some Star Trek characters have in entire shows. Not only that, but I want to see where these characters end up. I'm invested in their lives, which is miraculous for the type of show this is.

4. The Original Series - The one that started it all. I think at times, this is the hardest one to watch, but it did have a solid set of great episodes. I still enjoy the design aesthetic and the great episodes stand up as some of the best in the entire franchise. Also, Spock remains my favorite Star Trek character after all these years.

5. Discovery - Sue me, I like it. I think it updated Trek for the 21st Century in a way that TNG updated Star Trek for the 80s and 90s. I like the characters, especially Saru, Tilley and Culber and I have for the most part enjoyed the arcs. They don't always stick the landing, but the journey always tends to be a decent ride.

6. Voyager - Warts and all, I have a lot of fun with Voyager. It's extremely imbalanced and not very consistent, but it has a charm to it. Seven of Nine and the Doctor are two of the most interesting characters in the Star Trek Universe. They do a lot of heavy lifting here.

7. Enterprise - I'm really happy this is getting reappraised and perhaps I need to give it a re-watch, but I never really connected with it. I love the aesthetic and design of the show, but most of the characters are weak beyond the core three and even Archer can be kind of a blank slate at times. Shran is cool though.

8. Picard - I don't hate it as much as a lot of people seem to. I don't quite like the story that they chose to tell with Season 1, but Picard remained an interesting character and I found the new group to be compelling, especially Rios. Most of my criticisms stem from only allowing 10 episodes for the story to unfold. I'm looking forward to Season 2.

9. Prodigy - It's fine for what it is, but it's a kid show. The central mystery is interesting and the characters are somewhat engaging, but it feels way more like Star Wars than Star Trek. Janeway currently is the only tether to Star Trek.

I never watched The Animated Series. I probably should get on that at some point...

Mighty Member

1. DS9
    2. TNG
    3. ENT
    4. VOY
    5. DIS
    6. TOS
    7. PIC
    8. Short Treks

Animated:

1. Prodigy
    2. LD
    3. TAS

I have not seen as many of the Star Trek shows as everyone else on here. I have not seen Discovery at all but I want to get the dvds for it. And I hope they release picard on Dvd as I liie what I hear from it.

I will list the series I have seen in the order I like.

1. DS9 - Not a shock here. I have been singing about this show for a long time. The best cast and characters in not only a Star Trek show but any show I can think of. the best character growth of any of the Trek Shows (That I have seen.) And Morn is the best non speaking character in all of tv!

2. Lower Decks - I have only seen Season one but this show is so light hearted and fun. I cant get enough of it.

3. TNG - And this really only comes for me about season 3 and up. There were so many pointless forgettable episodes season one and 2 had some stinkers. But all in all it was a fun show. But it was such a missed opportunity though. They tried to stick to hard with the formula of the Original series and as far as story telling and effects I think that hurt the show. I would love to see a revamp of this show that has the freedom DS9 did.

4. The Original Series - Outside of the big episodes that every one who claims to be a fan knows and quotes the others in the three seasons were pretty lack luster. I love the movies a lot more but since these is for shows I wont include them.

5. Enterprise - This show had a great premise and if it was handled right it could have been amazing. But sadly that was not the case. I knew what kind of show it was going to be into he first few minutes of the pilot and I saw the farmer getting the laser gun in the shape of a shotgun. Really even in the future the laser guns look like 12 gage shot guns? Had to get the joke in there? And the Doctor discovering a cure for the Borg trying to assimilate him? The only good thing about the Borg episode was trying it into the First Contact movie. The Xindi arc went way way too long with a lot of episodes that didnt need to be there.

6. Voyager - There are very few episodes of this show I can stand. The Doctor was really the only thing saving the show. Janeway was good they just didnt give her the cast she needed to make the crew feel like a group of people I should give 2 craps about.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Kieran Frost's ranking of Star Trek
    1. TNG
    2. DS9
    3. Voyager
    4. Lower Decks
    5. Picard
    6. Discovery

HAVEN'T TRULY SEEN
    TOS, Enterprise, TAS / Short Treks, Prodigy (never actually heard of these two)

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    The main thing is TNG is ranked as the best, win win win!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    1. Deep Space Nine - Absolutely top. In terms of storytelling and character work, it just did so much more than the rest. The main cast is great, especially Kira, Odo and Quark who stand apart amongst all the other main casts, but secondary characters like Garek, Dukat, Nog, Rom, Martok, Weyoun and others are really where the show shines. Even a character like Damar who didn't even become a regular recurring character until Season 6 went through more development than even a beloved character like Geordi. Also, Nog at his 45 appearances stands as the most complete character in all of Star Trek. Also, I found their morality tales far more effective as they never felt the need to constantly use their characters as the moral arbiters.
    What do you mean by this, I didn't get the meaning (apologies).

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    8. Picard - I don't hate it as much as a lot of people seem to. I don't quite like the story that they chose to tell with Season 1, but Picard remained an interesting character and I found the new group to be compelling, especially Rios. Most of my criticisms stem from only allowing 10 episodes for the story to unfold. I'm looking forward to Season 2.
    I do not get the hatred of this show, I loved it. It gave me Picard. Being AWESOME! I was sold. And for good measure chucked in Seven of Nine. BEING AWESOME! It's not perfect, by any means... but I'd hands down watch season 1 of Picard over season 1 of TNG (and TNG is my favourite Star Trek show). Only one thing about it was odious... "JP". Every time she said it, I wished death upon her. He's not a condiment, b*tch!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    3. TNG - And this really only comes for me about season 3 and up. There were so many pointless forgettable episodes season one and 2 had some stinkers. But all in all it was a fun show. But it was such a missed opportunity though. They tried to stick to hard with the formula of the Original series and as far as story telling and effects I think that hurt the show. I would love to see a revamp of this show that has the freedom DS9 did.
    I think this is a little unfair. You still have over 100+ episodes season 3 onwards. And... honestly... DS9 season 1 is pretty rubbish too outside of Duet and In the Hands of the Prophets, it truly gets swinging season 3 onwards.

6. Voyager - There are very few episodes of this show I can stand. The Doctor was really the only thing saving the show. Janeway was good they just didnt give her the cast she needed to make the crew feel like a group of people I should give 2 craps about.
    Voyager has some of the worst Star Trek characters and a whole lot of blah ones too. Really it's Janeway, Seven, the Doctor and (mostly) Paris that made it bareable. But it had some CRACKIN' episodes! Year of Hell would be in my Top Ten episodes of all Star Trek.

My favourite Voyager episodes would be:
    1. Year of Hell [PART I & II]
    2. Prey
    3. Endgame [PART I & II]
    4. Scorpion [PART I & II]
    5. Bride of Chaotica!
    6. Equinox [PART I & II]
    7. Q and the Grey
    8. Caretaker [PART I & II]
    9. Future's End [PART I & II]
    10. Warlord
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

I think this is a little unfair. You still have over 100+ episodes season 3 onwards. And... honestly... DS9 season 1 is pretty rubbish too outside of Duet and In the Hands of the Prophets, it truly gets swinging season 3 onwards.
    I think DS9 season 2 was not as bad as TNG season 2. but over all when it comes to character growth and over all writing DS9 is better then TNG. TNG did have some good episodes. There are many I like. But the bit got old. I was so sick of the Data can not understand basic human phrases and meanings despite living with them for so long. Encounter at Farpoint Miles says "We are going to be burning the midnight oil." Data "it is unwise to light fuel in a starship." Really? All his years in the academy and on other starships he has never heard this phrase before and understood its meaning? Common. I knew then what kind of character he would be. I liked his character but after 7 seasons and all the time he spend in Starfleet he still didnt understand slang? Like I get not having the emotion to it but a phrase he had to hear 100 times he does not understand what is meant by it?

And that is just one example of the non character growth in the show. They stuck to a formula and it hurt the show over all.

I do like the show but it had its problems.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I think DS9 season 2 was not as bad as TNG season 2.
    It's more 'polished' I do agree, but in terms of episodes being actually good or iconic or awesome, I'd still give the win to TNG for season 2. Q Who surpasses anything DS9 offered in season 2, add in Elementary, Dear Data and the Emissary. I don't know, doesn't seem so cut and dry to me.

but over all when it comes to character growth and over all writing DS9 is better then TNG. TNG did have some good episodes. There are many I like. But the bit got old.
    I do agree the DS9 characters, as a whole, evolved more from season 1 to 7.

I was so sick of the Data can not understand basic human phrases and meanings despite living with them for so long. Encounter at Farpoint Miles says "We are going to be burning the midnight oil." Data "it is unwise to light fuel in a starship." Really? All his years in the academy and on other starships he has never heard this phrase before and understood its meaning? Common. I knew then what kind of character he would be. I liked his character but after 7 seasons and all the time he spend in Starfleet he still didnt understand slang? Like I get not having the emotion to it but a phrase he had to hear 100 times he does not understand what is meant by it?

And that is just one example of the non character growth in the show.
    I mean... bit of a terrible example, I'm afraid. Citing the first ever episode as an example of 'no character growth'.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-30-2022 at 12:54 PM.