Page 64 of 182 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Just because you disagree, doesn’t mean it’s made up.
    What's not made up is that Vulcans are more advanced than some races and not as much as others.

What I think is significant is how much the Vulcans advanced after they turned from savage to logic, a transformation relatively recent in their development by human standards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    What's not made up is that Vulcans are more advanced than some races and not as much as others.

What I think is significant is how much the Vulcans advanced after they turned from savage to logic, a transformation relatively recent in their development by human standards.
    Umm, this is kinda what I’m been saying.
    Last edited by luprki; 06-21-2021 at 07:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It's not what you've been saying at all...or are you unaware that we can all go back and read EXACTLY what you've written here? It's pretty hard to obfuscate your point here:
    Where has Vulcan’s logic gotten them? They are not smarter, they are not more advanced. Their planet was blown up in one the timeline.
    The point is a logical society is nonsense and goes against nature.

We know the Vulcan was ahead of Earth, as we seen in First Contact. But there’s no evidence that they are more advanced than all species in the universe. Actually there is evidence that they are less advanced than most species.
    Like I said, it's totally fine not to like the Vulcans or to find the way their culture is written to be annoying or boring, I feel the same way about the Ferengi for instance, but you don't need to manufacture reasons for that.

Mighty Member

A season 2 TNG episode suggested that there was an insoluble problem with "replicative fading," or cloning the same biological entity endlessly. The idea was that each repetition introduced an additional flaw into the biological makeup, and was not sustainable. A current day analogy is repeatedly photocopying a document, each time copying the copy, rather than the original.

Isn't that essentially what the transporter has always done? Break down the atomic structure and recreate it from the copy, rather than the original?
    Damn, I honestly had not thought of that. Good point!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's not what you've been saying at all...or are you unaware that we can all go back and read EXACTLY what you've written here? It's pretty hard to obfuscate your point here:

Like I said, it's totally fine not to like the Vulcans or to find the way their culture is written to be annoying or boring, I feel the same way about the Ferengi for instance, but you don't need to manufacture reasons for that.
    I’m in total disagreement

BANNED

Where has Vulcan’s logic gotten them? They are not smarter, they are not more advanced. Their planet was blown up in one the timeline.
    The point is a logical society is nonsense and goes against nature.

I think history and logic defies you.

A season 2 TNG episode suggested that there was an insoluble problem with "replicative fading," or cloning the same biological entity endlessly. The idea was that each repetition introduced an additional flaw into the biological makeup, and was not sustainable. A current day analogy is repeatedly photocopying a document, each time copying the copy, rather than the original.

Isn't that essentially what the transporter has always done? Break down the atomic structure and recreate it from the copy, rather than the original?
    This is an argument that has kind of existed as long as the franchise itself, pretty much. Especially since a few times, crew members were in part, saved by their transporter 'backups' when the original body was too messed up to save.

Kind of a similar quandary with the X-men these days too.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I’m in total disagreement
    ...Like I said, the posts are literally right there, and if they don't express your actual thoughts clearly then that's not on us.

BANNED

I think history and logic defies you.
    ...Like I said, the posts are literally right there, and if they don't express your actual thoughts clearly then that's not on us.
    Please people, there is no reason to be mean. Be respectful and express your opinion without insults.
    Last edited by luprki; 06-24-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Please people, there is no reason to be mean. Be an adult and express your opinion without childish insults.
    It's childish to point out that your own posts are saying something very different than what you're now claiming? I mean, I didn't edit those posts in any way, those are literally your words.

If you feel insulted that you're being held to your own words than that's on you, not on anything anyone else is saying or doing to you.

BANNED

It's childish to point out that your own posts are saying something very different than what you're now claiming? I mean, I didn't edit those posts in any way, those are literally your words.

If you feel insulted that you're being held to your own words than that's on you, not on anything anyone else is saying or doing to you.
    That’s fair, I’ve edited my post

We know the Vulcan was ahead of Earth, as we seen in First Contact. But there’s no evidence that they are more advanced than all species in the universe. Actually there is evidence that they are less advanced than most species.
    That’s fair, I’ve edited my post
    You haven't though...the posts where you claim that there is evidence that Vulcans are one of the least advanced are still there...despite there being no evidence of that.

Like I said, feel free to dislike the Vulcans, taste is subjective after all and I myself can't stand any Ferengi not named Quark, but don't try and pass off your own tastes as an objective fact supported by events in the series.

BANNED

I’m not going to bite, I’m not looking for an argument. I already gave my opinion, no reason for me to keep harping on the samething again.

I’m not going to bite, I’m not looking for an argument. I already gave my opinion, no reason for me to keep harping on the samething again.
    And it's okay to have an opinion...it's just not acceptable to pass it off as fact.

"Forget this timeline. The one we're going to create will be better. Once we get things in order here, we'll contact the Ferengi homeworld and sell them our ship. The Ferengi will have warp drive technology centuries before humans or Klingons or even the Vulcans." - Quark ("Little Green Men" [DS9])
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)