Page 181 of 183 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 2736
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of interesting that as things progressed Worf generally seemed to be far more stoic than the average Klingon. Even the WEBSTER crossover of all things called him out on that. (Yep, it exists, and is Webster's finale to boot-"Webtrek")

Although it's explained why (In one of the worst DS9 episodes, Let He Who Is Without Sin) that at a soccer game he accidentally killed someone and works to contain his Klingon agression with starfleet discipline (although even starfleet isn't that rigid-Riker seems to try to get him to lighten up a few times).
    I like to think that Worf's stoicism reflected his impressions of older Klingon champions he idealized from the TOS era, who seemed split between the mercurial hammy characters that TNG and DS9 had and the more disciplined and colder professionals that you see in stuff like Star Trek VI - while Koloth was pretty in-line with the TNG Klingons, as were half the movie Klingons, guys like Kang, Chang, Gorkon, and the other half of movie Klingons had more dignity and control.

Not to say they couldn't be hammy as well, but they had the type of hamminess that Worf himself has - they flip the switch in combat or conflict after being surprisingly chill and controlled outside of it. Chang's all eerie calm and control when meeting Kirk and at dinner, then Plummer gets to let loose in the court room scene and in the battle, just like how Worf's the stoic, "unfunny" guy, and then is grinning and howling like a madman when getting a good fight.

Of course, it also pays to remember that Worf simply bases his "Klingon-ness" off second hand information when he's young - he's got the backstory of a second generation immigrant who idealizes his home culture without having first hand experience of it until after he's matured.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

While Koloth's a bit more hammy in TOS he's very restrained in DS9, with Kor of all people acting a lot more like the stereotypical Klingons in Blood Oath and the later episodes.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think Worf has the best TNG arc from TNG to PIC of all the OGs.
    My only issue was him saying "I'm a pascifist now and I don't believe in violence" after brutally murdering like five people at once
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

THe talk of Worf and his growth as a character had me wondering a question.

I would say Nog had the most growth as a character on any of the shows.

But which main character had the least amount of growth. From season on to the end they were almost the same?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    But which main character had the least amount of growth. From season on to the end they were almost the same?
    I'd actually say Scotty. The characters in SNW and in TNG aren't really that much different. And both of those differ little from TOS and the movies. Scotty's an uber competent engineer who will try new options if needed. There are rank issues as how he reacts to different people of greater and lesser ranks, but that respect in itself is a constant feature.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

My vote is Harry besides not evolving as a character he couldn't even make Lt. Junior Grade. Hell, his BFF got demoted and promoted in the show.

Edit: For at least two years from the end of the Dominion War in late 2375 to when Voyager got home in late 2377 Nog out ranked Harry LOL.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-08-2024 at 05:30 PM.

Oh my Pah Wraiths...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Travis and Hoshi, no question
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Travis and Hoshi, no question
    Harry Kim and Chakotay would be in the mix too.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Harry Kim and Chakotay would be in the mix too.
    Chakotay at least got his romance with Seven, even though it didn't work for me at all
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    My only issue was him saying "I'm a pascifist now and I don't believe in violence" after brutally murdering like five people at once
    Clearly, Klingon pacifists are different.

I mean, beheadings are only on Wednesdays.

œ
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

A lot of the TOS characters (apart from maybe Spock) were pretty static until the movies, kind of the limitations of 60's TV being pretty episodic.

The movies, including TMP largely gave Kirk more of a character arc (although most of the characters except Spock and a bit of McCoy largely stayed the same apart from some slight changes to their jobs like Chekhov and Sulu).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

How many episodes of TOS featured all seven primary characters of the show?
    Kirk
    Spock
    McCoy
    Scott
    Urhura
    Sulu
    Checkov
    All seven appear in the movies. Checkov wasn't in Season One, Sulu was missing for much of Season Two.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 03-09-2024 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    How many episodes of TOS featured all seven primary characters of the show?
    Kirk
    Spock
    McCoy
    Scott
    Urhura
    Sulu
    Checkov
    All seven appear in the movies. Checkov wasn't in Season One, Sulu was missing for much of Season Two.
    Sulu wasn't in much of season two due to George Takei filming The Green Berets in the Philippines, and the shoot was delayed by heavy rain. So they changed some of the Star Trek scripts, giving Sulu's lines to Chekhov.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

On the subject of money in Star Trek, I kind of saw it as a sort of social currency. You get all your basic needs met just by existing, but if you do good deeds or perform tasks others don't like to you get rewards that you could use to get say luxury goods or a fancy vacation on another planet.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!