Page 135 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2736

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Hmm ... The P+ stuff is in HDX.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

I avoided the first 2 seasons of Picard because of the negative reviews and decided to watch season 3 when the reception turned around, and man does it seem that history is repeating itself with how Next Generation was not a good show for its first 2 seasons and then became great in season 3. Shaw is turning out to be a brilliant character. Between this, Strange New Worlds, and Lower Decks there's a lot of quality Trek right now.

Seasons 1 and 2 of TNG get way too much and it was far from being a bad show back than.

These episodes range from really good to great IMO: The Battle, Datalore, 10011001, Too Short a Season, Symbiosis, Conspiracy, Heart of Glory, Skin of Evil, Elementary Dear Data, The Schizoid Man, Unnatural Selection, A Matter of Honor, The Measure of a Man, Contagion, The Icarus Factor, Q Who, The Emissary, & Peak Performance.

These ones are good: Encounter at Farpoint, Naked Now, Where No Man Has Gone Before, The Big Goodbye, Angel One, When the Bough Breaks, Home Soil, Coming of Age, The Arsenal of Freedom, Neutral Zone, Where Silence had Lease, The Outrageous Okona, Time Squared, Pen Pals, & Up the Long Ladder.

These ones are okay basically passible to watch: Lonely Among Us, Hide and Q, Haven, The Child, Loud as a Whisper, The Royale, & The Smartian Snare.

Okay these are awful IMO: Code of Honor, The Last Outpost, Justice, We'll Always Have Paris, The Dauphin, Manhunt, & Shades of Gray.

I kind of have a nostalgic soft spot for The Royale because I remember seeing it in the 80s and kind of being scared by the dead astronaut and the void outside the place. Kind of had a TOS aspect with that kind of stuff too.

I read the writer wanted more of the surreal elements but those were lost. Apart from the stuff I've mentioned it could've easily been a holodeck episode, probably.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I kind of have a nostalgic soft spot for The Royale because I remember seeing it in the 80s and kind of being scared by the dead astronaut and the void outside the place. Kind of had a TOS aspect with that kind of stuff too.

I read the writer wanted more of the surreal elements but those were lost. Apart from the stuff I've mentioned it could've easily been a holodeck episode, probably.
    It's definitely one of my favorite episodes as well.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Seasons 1 and 2 of TNG get way too much and it was far from being a bad show back than.
    Almost all the Star Trek shows needed a couple of seasons to work out the bugs (TOS and LDS being a couple of the notable exceptions). I don't think the first couple TNG seasons were un-watchable, but the lows are really bad.

Maybe not the greatest episode, but it was really fun.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    After Picard leaving in a huff over the Romulan Evacuation and his vocal disappointment in Starfleet and Federation I doubt they were running to name anything after him.
    From what I saw in the latest episode of PIC, there's still a lot of admiration for Jean Juc. Granded, it was from the cadets but still...

I'm guessing Michelle Yeoh is probably way out of Paramount Plus+ range now, except for maybe cameos. So much for her Section 31 spinoff thing.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm guessing Michelle Yeoh is probably way out of Paramount Plus+ range now, except for maybe cameos. So much for her Section 31 spinoff thing.
    I don't know, their shows have a lot of star power lately. 1838 had Faith Hill,Tim Mcgraw and Sam Elliot, 1923 has Helen Mirren, Harrison Ford and Timothy Dalton, Tulsa King of course has Stalone, and Mayor of Kingstown has Jeremy Renner.

I think it'll come down to if she's still interested, and who knows what other projects she might have finally earned after the Oscars, so the chances may be slim but I wouldn't say zero.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I agree, it seems like they let this die on the vine. The death being Michelle getting an Oscar cause her agent will be all Jerry McGuire on any future project.
    Can Marvel afford her on Shang-Chi sequel now?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

If a Section 31 show gets made, it will be because of her.

She loves the character.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I suppose they could go with Voq/Ash as the main character, although I'm not sure if he's really that popular.

There are rumors that SNW will pick up on Discovery's Klingon stuff so I suppose it's possible we'll see him again in some form.

I suppose they could go with Voq/Ash as the main character, although I'm not sure if he's really that popular.

There are rumors that SNW will pick up on Discovery's Klingon stuff so I suppose it's possible we'll see him again in some form.
    Please tell its augments or TOS Films/24th Century Design and not DISCO Klingons.

It would make sense to introduce the "afflicted" Klingons at some point, explaining why they were so prevalent during Kirk's command.

Discovery has mentioned that Kol is part of "The House of Kor" so it would make sense for a younger Kor to show up.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-13-2023 at 08:12 AM.