Page 91 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2736

In Pale Moon light is my second favorite episode My all time favorite is The Visitor. Tony Todd nails his his role he always does and it was one of the few episodes that I really enjoyed Jake Sisko as a character. My 3rd favorite being Nor Battle to the Strong. Another one that makes Jake relatable and more human and dare I say an enjoyable character if only for a little bit.

I had my dad watch In Pale Moonlight with me and he was just lie "All he does is talk to him self most of the time. What is happening?" God love my dad but DS9 was just not his thing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In Pale Moon light is my second favorite episode My all time favorite is The Visitor. Tony Todd nails his his role he always does and it was one of the few episodes that I really enjoyed Jake Sisko as a character. My 3rd favorite being Nor Battle to the Strong. Another one that makes Jake relatable and more human and dare I say an enjoyable character if only for a little bit.

I had my dad watch In Pale Moonlight with me and he was just lie "All he does is talk to him self most of the time. What is happening?" God love my dad but DS9 was just not his thing.
    Its a two way street for me. When I visit my parents and my mom has one of those Home Shows on about which beach house will this couple buy, I'm rolling my eyes thinking "Who the hell cares?"

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Its a two way street for me. When I visit my parents and my mom has one of those Home Shows on about which beach house will this couple buy, I'm rolling my eyes thinking "Who the hell cares?"
    Oh I very much get that. my dad love My 600 Pound Life!

For me he is the reason I have such a hard time watching The Visitor. Jake is very close to his father and losing him destroyed Jake and it was even worse because his dad didnt die he was trapped between worlds. I can understand Jake and his obsession with doing what he could to save his dad.

I am very close with my father he is my best friend. And losing him is something I dont want to think about And not matter how much I love The Visitor it takes me to that place and is very hard to watch.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Oh I very much get that. my dad love My 600 Pound Life!

For me he is the reason I have such a hard time watching The Visitor. Jake is very close to his father and losing him destroyed Jake and it was even worse because his dad didnt die he was trapped between worlds. I can understand Jake and his obsession with doing what he could to save his dad.

I am very close with my father he is my best friend. And losing him is something I dont want to think about And not matter how much I love The Visitor it takes me to that place and is very hard to watch.
    My condolences for your loss. I have a small family and really close with my parents too.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    My condolences for your loss. I have a small family and really close with my parents too.
    Oh no I think I misspoke. I havnt lost him. I am his caretaker he is ill. But when I watch that episode my mind goes to the fact that at some point I will lose him and that is hard for me and that iis why it is hard to see that episode.

So apparently the post-Nemesis novel line has a finale called "Coda" (Not to be confused with the Voyager episode). It seems to be a "Crisis on Infinite Earths/Time Runs Out" sort of thing, except involving Trek, since the events in Picard and later seasons of Discovery contradict them-and I don't think the novels ever dealt with the destruction of Romulus.

Kind of reminds me that the post-ROTJ Star Wars novels also had their own finale, "Crucible" although in that case there was no universe ending threat, just a kind of "walk into the sunset" ending.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So apparently the post-Nemesis novel line has a finale called "Coda" (Not to be confused with the Voyager episode). It seems to be a "Crisis on Infinite Earths/Time Runs Out" sort of thing, except involving Trek, since the events in Picard and later seasons of Discovery contradict them-and I don't think the novels ever dealt with the destruction of Romulus.

Kind of reminds me that the post-ROTJ Star Wars novels also had their own finale, "Crucible" although in that case there was no universe ending threat, just a kind of "walk into the sunset" ending.
    I read the first book of the "Coda" trilogy, and it was great. I have book 2 but haven't started it, and 3 is in the mail.

Part of me is a bit relieved that the line is ending - I'm still backed up on so many books but wanted to see how they ended - and another part of me is completely bummed. They really took Trek literature had never been before and created a cohesive universe; always felt reminiscent of Mike Carlin's Superman books in the 90's.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Interesting anecdotes about post-presidency Reagan visiting the set of TNG during the "Redemption" filming:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ronald_Reagan
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I picked up this shirt from the official store when they were running a 25% off sale. It came in the mail yesterday.

AAAA1st33.jpg
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have the baseball cap with this logo saved in my Wish account. I just haven't pulled the trigger.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I rewatched Season Two of TNG. Definitely an improvement over Season One. There are some great episodes, but also some stinkers. Replacing Beverly with Dr. Pulaski was a mistake. Deanna Troi has better hair and clothes this season. Of the two female characters on the show, she is the better one.

Good Trek-
    Enterprise Seasons 3 and 4
    Discovery Seasons 1 and 2
    The Original Series
    The Animated Series
    The Motion Picture 7/10
    The Wrath of Khan 9/10
    The Search For Spock 7/10
    The Voyage Home 9/10
    The Undiscovered Country 8/10
    The Next Generation Season 2

Bad Trek-
    Enterprise Seasons 1 and 2
    Discovery Season 3
    The Final Frontier 5/10
    The Next Generation Season 1

1. Spock A
    2. Kirk A
    3. Scotty B
    4. Phlox B
    5. McCoy B
    6. Trip B
    7. Archer B
    8. Sarek B
    9. Saavik B
    10. Sulu C
    11. T'Pol C
    12. Checkov C
    13. Urhura C
    14. Malcom C
    15. Hoshi C
    16. David C
    17. Amanda C
    18. Chapel D
    19. Mayweather D
    20. M'Ress D
    21. Arex D
    22. Rand F
    23. Pulaski F

Ultimate Member

Interesting anecdotes about post-presidency Reagan visiting the set of TNG during the "Redemption" filming:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ronald_Reagan
    Stewart's description of Reagan is funny

Ultimate Member

Generally Trek does not count anything that is NOT onscreen at one time.

There are exceptions like Pathways because someone from Voyager wrote it.

IDW Comics-a crewmember from Recent Star Trek films was introduced in Star Trek Into Darkness.

0718-who is the humanoid avatar of the Enterprise's central computer.

https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/...prise!,_Part_1

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Stewart's description of Reagan is funny
    If he thought Reagan seemed like a clockwork dummy, a non-sitting President, I wonder what he might think of the bizarre one actively sitting in Office?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If he thought Reagan seemed like a clockwork dummy, a non-sitting President, I wonder what he might think of the bizarre one actively sitting in Office?
    He became a citizen.

Ready to engage: Patrick Stewart applying for US citizenship so he can 'fight' Trump
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium