Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
I also just watched the new DS9 docu, it's free on Tubi.

Very interesting. Especially learning how back then many Trek fans hated or complained about elements of DS9 like the darker tone, and more.. really reminds me of Trek fans now with Discovery and Picard shows. I still haven't seen the new shows, but yeah, not much has changed.

I watched DS9 when it originally aired and loved it. I also loved TNG, TOS and enjoyed Voyager. I guess I wasn't that picky then. I think I'm more picky now. I found the JJ movies alright. Like 1 and 3 fine. I still consider the TOS movies the best.

The Terry Farrel Dax story about leaving DS9 (or been let go) was very murky.. I wonder what the truth really is. I heard she wanted more $$. I really loved her character and her relationship with Sisko and Worf. sigh.
There have been enough interviews and information passed around over the years to piece together what happened.

Terry Farrell was burned out, her contract expired, and Rick Berman treated her terribly. She was offered Becker, so she told Paramount to write her off of DS9.