Page 75 of 182 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2728

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Does anyone think putting Spock in a romance is a bad idea?
    There was a book that did it well (although said book did span years of time). On the other hand, can't say I need a Spock love story either.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I rather see a hint or at least a one off of a Spock and Uhura romance than Spock and Chapel because of the Kelvin movies. But since these writers have a history of bad writing Picard and Discovery, any romance will perhaps suck as with the romance of Michael and Book, Paul and Hugh in Discovery. The only romance that they seem to have written quite well is Sarek and Amanda but that is because TOS has already made it very hard for them to screw it up.
    Since when was Star Trek ever a masterclass in romantic love stories? I did like the O'Briens on TNG/DS9 and Paris and Torres on VOY a lot (and the Rikers turned out really well in their PIC guest appearance), but the franchise in general isn't exactly renown for putting romance front and center and the ones we do have aren't always extremely deep.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Ok, Voyager... I did not watch a whole lot of it. Wasn't my fave. But I swear Tuvok fell in love with Janeway and nobody seems to really remember it outside of a the maker of a fan vid and some of their commenters.
    That didn't happen, so far as my research indicates.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Since when was Star Trek ever a masterclass in romantic love stories? I did like the O'Briens on TNG/DS9 and Paris and Torres on VOY a lot (and the Rikers turned out really well in their PIC guest appearance), but the franchise in general isn't exactly renown for putting romance front and center and the ones we do have aren't always extremely deep.
    Dax/Worf was well done and had depth, even the grief in the wake of her death.
    T'Pol/Trip was questionable but cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

I loved T'Pol and Trip and wish that they would have been given more...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I loved T'Pol and Trip and wish that they would have been given more...
    Agreed. The way they started with all the T&A neuropressure and trellium addiction was questionable for me but they worked very well and their relationship was heartfelt in s4, especially with their tragic daughter storyline. That scene with them holding hands in sadness but still hopeful after the daughter's funeral is the real ending of ENT.
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-10-2021 at 06:11 AM.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I love Classic Trek I love all the shows TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, & ENT. I love or at least like all the movies from that era even TMP & V. I even like the JJverse films with Beyond being in my top 5 Trek movies.

But I have HATED everything Kurtzman has made it's the Michael Bay of Star Trek IMO. Flashy and looks good but the depth of a kiddie pool and really stupid with bad writing. Also for my own sanity in my head canon DISCO & SNW are not canon to TOS and the original timeline and are their own timeline like the JJverse.

But I have to admit the Picard Season 2 trailer looks good, I hated Season 1 and SNW looks good but not going to lie the romance stuff worries me.

Star Trek is like old school Law and Order to me I'm there for the stories not the personal lives of the characters. Once in a while exploring their personal lives is ok but when it because a major story point I don't like it. Also like I mentioned I have felt the writing on Kurtzman Trek is usually bad and the romance angle kills any hope I might had for SNW. Why? Modern writing 101 can't write a good story try to hook the audience with Ships and I don't mean Starships it's CWs go to play most of the time.

Ultimate Member

I'd agree with that about Law & Order but Star trek always had more of a personal touch. That doesn't mean I want it to become like the CW. Not at all. but showing the personal side of the crew can be good

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Dax/Worf was well done and had depth, even the grief in the wake of her death.
    I was perfectly okay with it, although I wasn't exactly shipping them ever, but okay.

T'Pol/Trip was questionable but cute.
    Forgot about them; some stuff worked once it got going, although I kinda thought the start was pretty clumsy. Will freely concede that the finale indicating that they broke up was a misstep, IMHO.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The Chapel/Spock thing never happened of course but I kind of wonder what kind of drew her to him at first.

The show does however have a chance to deal with his relationship with Leila, from "This Side of Paradise".

As for Uhura/Spock, I don't see that happening, Prime Uhura flirts with him in "The man trap" (and I think that's where Orci/Kurtzman kind of got that idea) but is kind of rebuffed, but that's pretty much it, they tried to turn Uhura and Scotty into a thing in TFF which was a bit weird, and she did kiss Kirk but that was under mind control.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Chapel/Spock thing never happened of course but I kind of wonder what kind of drew her to him at first.
    There's a case study there somewhere, as Chapel's clearly drawn to emotionally unavailable men...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Agreed. The way they started with all the T&A neuropressure and trellium addiction was questionable for me but they worked very well and their relationship was heartfelt in s4, especially with their tragic daughter storyline. That scene with them holding hands in sadness but still hopeful after the daughter's funeral is the real ending of ENT.
    I still enjoy that kiss that they had after Trip transferred to the other ship for a bit and in the end he was just teasing her, that he tells her after the kiss that he had already asked for a transfer back to Enterprise and the look on her face...

I did not know that the actor who played Trelane also played a Klingon in “The Trouble With Tribbles”.

Koloth in TOS kind of struck me as somewhat more jovial than the other major Klingons, Kang and Kor (makes sense given that Tribbles is kind of a fairly lighthearted story anyway), although in DS9 he's way more serious and Kor becomes the goofy one.

Almost caught up on Discovery. Did the Su'Kal guy remind anybody of Freddy Krueger? The Kelpian makeup works on Doug Jones in part given his somewhat unique body but doesn't quite work on Bill Irwin. Then again the character is meant to be not exactly that well-adjusted.

Also kind of distracted by Osyrra's accent changing pretty much every other sentence.

Accent change? I never noticed that but I wasn't too concerned about the character anyhow. Best thing she did was being involved in this gem of an exchange...

Full disclosure: I <3 Oded Fehr and believe he can do no wrong.

Cool that he's coming back. Wonder if he'll get a new uniform too (They decided to ditch the Gray uniforms from the end of season 3 since they apparently clash with the sets for color-coded ones again)