Page 104 of 183 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2736
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

While we are throwing ideas at the wall to see what will stick I'd like this.

A series of 3-4 Captain Sulu movies. They can take place whenever post-Undiscovered Country.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    While we are throwing ideas at the wall to see what will stick I'd like this.

A series of 3-4 Captain Sulu movies. They can take place whenever post-Undiscovered Country.
    Starring John Cho? Because I think George Takei's days of starring in movies has finished.

Unless they use some fancy Mandalorianesque CG, although I'm not sure they have the budget for that.

Or they can just re-recast like with SNW, with a middle-aged Japanese actor.

BTW given Whoopi's recent controversy, wonder if that will have an impact on Quinan in Picard season 2.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-02-2022 at 12:20 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    BTW given Whoopi's recent controversy, wonder if that will have an impact on Quinan in Picard season 2.
    Probably little. I figure that the show is set to run, so I can't imagine they'll want to change too much. I also image that Guinan, despite being a large part of the trailers so far, is going to be a relatively small part of Season itself. Probably not worth messing around with something so small that has been a large part of the marketing.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Starring John Cho? Because I think George Takei's days of starring in movies has finished.
    Have you seen how they de-age or re-use footage for Luke Skywalker lately(hint hint new episode today).
    I'd prefer it in the main timeline but sure, Kelvin timeline is acceptable I suppose.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Have you seen how they de-age or re-use footage for Luke Skywalker lately(hint hint new episode today).
    I'd prefer it in the main timeline but sure, Kelvin timeline is acceptable I suppose.
    True, but there's a big difference between trotting out Mark Hamill to do a scene or two and having 85 year old George Takei lead a film with full de-age.

In ST: TNG Season Six episode "Chain of Command", Captain Jellico orders Troi to put on a Starfleet Uniform. For the rest of the series, she continues to wear that uniform. It is her best look.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    In ST: TNG Season Six episode "Chain of Command", Captain Jellico orders Troi to put on a Starfleet Uniform. For the rest of the series, she continues to wear that uniform. It is her best look.
    i really enjoyed the Chain of command episodes. I really enjoyed seeing the crew interact with another Captain that had a very different command style. And I know Jellio gets some hate. But I really enjoyed. I thought he handled things pretty well. And I really enjoyed how he and Riker inter acted. Sometimes Will can be a bit of an ass.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

ST sn4 ep9 recent ep was daaamn good!!!

Sn4 has been much better damn sn3 so far.

Species 10-C!!!!

Ultimate Member

I always thought that Kira's best look was in the last season when she wore the Starfleet Uniform...

I want to start this off by saying this has nothing to do with official canon and rights issues that some fans yell about this is my own head canon period. As far I'm concerned ENT, DISCO, SNW, & Picard are all official Canon to TOS, TNG, DS9, & VOY. But what this isn't about official canon but my head canon.

There have always been hiccups in Trek continuity but since ENT there has been big holes of WTF IMO.

So, I've been a Trek fan since I was a kid and grew up in the 80's and 90's. I enjoyed the Kelvin films and outside of Prodigy find the current show god awful not only bad Trek but bad tv they're just badly written shows. I consider them bad Trek due to their cynic view of Gene Roddenberry's vision of humanity for the future. Roddenberry use to drive writers on TNG nuts because he insisted conflict come from the outside and not within the crew as a Starfleet crew would have moved on from such petty things. What does Burnham do in the pilot of DISCO she assaults her Commanding Officer and commits an act of mutiny which ends up starting a war. Also, there was no major consequences for her Tom Paris got more crap in Caretaker than she did on Discovery. As for Picard I despise the representation of Starfleet and the Federation in that show. Yes, there were rogue elements at times like Section 31 but overall, the Federation and Starfleet were beacons of hope not xenophobia. So, I really hate having these shows canon to Gene's original vision, so I recently decided well in my head canon they don't have to be, and Trek gave me the excuse why they're not. Going forward this is my version of Beta Memory.

Here's a idea of my Trek Sensibilities

Film Ranking: Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, The Voyage Home, 1st Contact, Beyond, The Search for Spock, The Motion Picture, ST 2009, Generations, Nemesis, The Final Frontier, Into Darkness, and Insurrection.

Show Rankings: DS9, TNG, TOS, ENT, VOY, (Honorable Mention to Orville), Prodigy, Lower Decks, TAS, Picard, and DISCO.

As a DC Fan the old Pre-Crisis had a vast Multiverse which had these examples as some of the main universes Earth-1 (Main DC Comics Earth), Earth-2 (Golden Age heroes and their kids), Earth-3 (Heroes as Villains), Earth-4 (Charleton Heroes), Earth-X (Nazis won and the Freedom Fighters), Earth-S (Shazam), and Earth Prime (Basically our Earth until the introduction of Superboy Prime) so Prime doesn't need to mean the main Universe. In recent years DC introduced the Dark Multiverse which is my Mirror Universes going forward.

I loved Enterprise I thought it was Voyager done right, I mean the story of a Starfleet vessel with no back up and the last season was gold until the finale. But it made no sense that the 1st Warp 5 vessel which helped found the Federation and it's Captain became a President of the Federation was never included in the ship of the line displays in Star Trek TMP or TNG. Now the reason is the show came after those projects, but continuity wise it's a glaring error it's like telling the story of the United States and forgetting to mention George Washington. Now if the ship had been named Excelsior especially with the NX numbering it would have not been an issue, but it wasn't, so it is.

Recently while watching some ENT I'm like well the major event of the series is the Temporal Cold War so what if it's the Prime Universe that all other universe stem from due to the Temporal Cold War. But it's not the same Universe as the former shows and films?

So, here's my head canon.

The Roddenberry Universe (Since Gene himself signed off on most of it) is: TOS and their films, TAS, TNG and their films, DS9, and VOY. I also include books and games like New Frontier Book Series, Captain's Table, Corps of Engineers, Vanguard Novels, Stargazer Novels, Titan Novels, Typhon Pact, Comic Series Early Voyages from Marvel, Comic Series Starfleet Academy from Marvel, Voyager Comic from Marvel, TNG Comics from DC, TOS Film Era Comics from DC, Star Trek Online, & the TNG, DS9, and VOY Relaunch book series.

Roddenberry Universe Mirror Universe is the one from TOS and DS9.

The Prime Universe is: ENT, DISCO, SNW, Picard (Riker appeared in the awful ENT Finale and since the coloring of the D interior was off it adds to this theory again in real world they couldn't get an exact match, but it fits my ideas so I'm running with it lol), Prodigy, & Lower Decks. I'll add the Khan Eugenics War book series to the Prime Universe they were good, but I always hated trying to fit the real-world history into the Trek timeline, so I'll place it here.

Prime Mirror Universe is from: ENT, DISCO, & the TNG comic Broken Mirror.

Kelvin Timeline (Basically it's what it was said to be, and Spock Prime came from the Prime Universe not the Roddenberry Universe): ST 2009, Into Darkness, Beyond, and I add the IDW comics like ST Ongoing, ST Boldly Go, and Countdown to Darkness.

I'm much more at peace now with Trek since I created this head canon and can enjoy Picard and even Discovery more since I don't consider them in universe as the old shows outside of ENT. Also, it allows me to fully enjoy SNW which it drops which I want too but had issues with due to its designs and my love for the comic series Early Voyages.

I just felt like sharing my new head canon with fellow Trek fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I want to start this off by saying this has nothing to do with official canon and rights issues that some fans yell about this is my own head canon period. As far I'm concerned ENT, DISCO, SNW, & Picard are all official Canon to TOS, TNG, DS9, & VOY. But what this isn't about official canon but my head canon.

There have always been hiccups in Trek continuity but since ENT there has been big holes of WTF IMO.

So, I've been a Trek fan since I was a kid and grew up in the 80's and 90's. I enjoyed the Kelvin films and outside of Prodigy find the current show god awful not only bad Trek but bad tv they're just badly written shows. I consider them bad Trek due to their cynic view of Gene Roddenberry's vision of humanity for the future. Roddenberry use to drive writers on TNG nuts because he insisted conflict come from the outside and not within the crew as a Starfleet crew would have moved on from such petty things. What does Burnham do in the pilot of DISCO she assaults her Commanding Officer and commits an act of mutiny which ends up starting a war. Also, there was no major consequences for her Tom Paris got more crap in Caretaker than she did on Discovery. As for Picard I despise the representation of Starfleet and the Federation in that show. Yes, there were rogue elements at times like Section 31 but overall, the Federation and Starfleet were beacons of hope not xenophobia. So, I really hate having these shows canon to Gene's original vision, so I recently decided well in my head canon they don't have to be, and Trek gave me the excuse why they're not. Going forward this is my version of Beta Memory.

Film Ranking: Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, The Voyage Home, 1st Contact, Beyond, The Search for Spock, The Motion Picture, ST 2009, Generations, Nemesis, The Final Frontier, Into Darkness, and Insurrection.

Show Rankings: DS9, TNG, TOS, ENT, VOY, (Honorable Mention to Orville), Prodigy, Lower Decks, TAS, Picard, and DISCO.

As a DC Fan the old Pre-Crisis had a vast Multiverse which had these examples as some of the main universes Earth-1 (Main DC Comics Earth), Earth-2 (Golden Age heroes and their kids), Earth-3 (Heroes as Villains), Earth-4 (Charleton Heroes), Earth-X (Nazis won and the Freedom Fighters), Earth-S (Shazam), and Earth Prime (Basically our Earth until the introduction of Superboy Prime) so Prime doesn't need to mean the main Universe. In recent years DC introduced the Dark Multiverse which is my Mirror Universes going forward.

I loved Enterprise I thought it was Voyager done right, I mean the story of a Starfleet vessel with no back up and the last season was gold until the finale. But it made no sense that the 1st Warp 5 vessel which helped found the Federation and it's Captain became a President of the Federation was never included in the ship of the line displays in Star Trek TMP or TNG. Now the reason is the show came after those projects, but continuity wise it's a glaring error it's like telling the story of the United States and forgetting to mention George Washington. Now if the ship had been named Excelsior especially with the NX numbering it would have not been an issue, but it wasn't, so it is.

Recently while watching some ENT I'm like well the major event of the series is the Temporal Cold War so what if it's the Prime Universe that all other universe stem from due to the Temporal Cold War. But it's not the same Universe as the former shows and films?

The Roddenberry Universe (Since Gene himself signed off on most of it) is: TOS and their films, TAS, TNG and their films, DS9, and VOY. I also include books and games like New Frontier Book Series, Captain's Table, Corps of Engineers, Vanguard Novels, Stargazer Novels, Titan Novels, Typhon Pact, Comic Series Early Voyages from Marvel, Comic Series Starfleet Academy from Marvel, Voyager Comic from Marvel, TNG Comics from DC, TOS Film Era Comics from DC, Star Trek Online, & the TNG, DS9, and VOY Relaunch book series.

The Prime Universe is: ENT, DISCO, SNW, Picard (Riker appeared in the awful ENT Finale and since the coloring of the D interior was off it adds to this theory again in real world they couldn't get an exact match, but it fits my ideas so I'm running with it lol), Prodigy, & Lower Decks. I'll add the Khan Eugenics War book series to the Prime Universe they were good, but I always hated trying to fit the real-world history into the Trek timeline, so I'll place it here.

Kelvin Timeline (Basically it's what it was said to be, and Spock Prime came from the Prime Universe not the Roddenberry Universe): ST 2009, Into Darkness, Beyond, and I add the IDW comics like ST Ongoing, ST Boldly Go, and Countdown to Darkness.

I'm much more at peace now with Trek since I created this head canon and can enjoy Picard and even Discovery more since I don't consider them in universe as the old shows outside of ENT. Also, it allows me to fully enjoy SNW which it drops which I want too but had issues with due to its designs and my love for the comic series Early Voyages.

Have you seen Galaxy Quest? How would you rank it against the Trek films?

Have you seen Galaxy Quest? How would you rank it against the Trek films?
    I love Galaxy Quest and would put it between Beyond and The Search for Spock in my ranking of Trek films if it was a proper Trek film.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

For my money that's just a tad too overly complicated, but if it works for you all the power to you.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I completed a rewatch of The Next Generation and the Kelvin movies.

Good Trek-
    Enterprise Seasons 3 and 4
    Discovery Seasons 1 and 2
    The Original Series
    The Animated Series
    The Motion Picture 7/10
    The Wrath of Khan 9/10
    The Search For Spock 7/10
    The Voyage Home 9/10
    The Undiscovered Country 8/10
    The Next Generation Seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
    Star Trek (2009) 9/10
    Star Trek Into Darkness 7/10
    Star Trek Beyond 7/10

Bad Trek-
    Enterprise Seasons 1 and 2
    Discovery Season 3
    The Final Frontier 5/10
    The Next Generation Season 1

1. Spock A
    2. Picard A
    3. Kirk A
    4. Data A
    5. Worf A
    6. Riker B
    7. Scotty B
    8. Kelvin Spock B
    9. Kelvin Kirk B
    10. Kelvin Scotty B
    11. Phlox B
    12. McCoy B
    13. Ro Laren B
    14. Crusher B
    15. Kelvin Urhura B
    16. Trip B
    17. Archer B
    18. Sarek B
    19. Q B
    20. Saavik B
    21. Lore B
    22. Kelvin McCoy B
    23. Kelvin Checkhov B
    24. Mudd B
    25. Troi C
    26. Sulu C
    27. T'Pol C
    28. LaForge C
    29. Checkhov C
    30. Guinan C
    31. Urhura C
    32. Kelvin Sulu C
    33. Malcom C
    34. Hoshi C
    35. David C
    36. Amanda C
    37. Alexander Rozhenko C
    38. Barclay C
    39. Gowron C
    40. Wesley D
    41. Chapel D
    42. Mayweather D
    43. Ogawa D
    44. M'Ress D
    45. Arex D
    46. Yar F
    47. Rand F
    48. Pulaski F
    49. Lwaxana F
    50. Mr. Hom F
    51. Mr. Mot F
    Last edited by Witchfan; 02-27-2022 at 03:02 PM.