Page 105 of 183 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2736

Sally Kellerman from Where No Man Has Gone Before (Which oddly enough, also featured a ship crossing the galactic barrier) has passed away. She played Dr. Dehner, who also was given god-like powers by the barrier (or some force within it). She was also in many Robert Altman movies (Including the original Hot Lips in Mash) and also was notable for her role in BACK TO SCHOOL as Rodney Dangerfield's love interest. Terry Farrell, in her film debut, played the love interest of Rodney's son in that movie as well.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I rewatched the Next Generation movies. I think these movies are only for the Trek fans, and do not appeal to general movie audiences. The Kelvin films did a better job appealing to casual moviegoers. Insurrection and Nemesis are not well-regarded, but they are at least serviceable Trek adventures.

Good Trek-
    Enterprise Seasons 3 and 4
    Discovery Seasons 1 and 2
    The Original Series
    The Animated Series
    The Motion Picture 7/10
    The Wrath of Khan 9/10
    The Search For Spock 7/10
    The Voyage Home 9/10
    The Undiscovered Country 8/10
    The Next Generation Seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
    Star Trek Generations 7/10
    Star Trek First Contact 8/10
    Star Trek Insurrection 6/10
    Star Trek Nemesis 6/10
    Star Trek (2009) 9/10
    Star Trek Into Darkness 7/10
    Star Trek Beyond 7/10

Bad Trek-
    Enterprise Seasons 1 and 2
    Discovery Season 3
    The Final Frontier 5/10
    The Next Generation Season 1

1. Mr. Spock A
    2. Picard A
    3. Kirk A
    4. Data A
    5. Worf A
    6. Riker B
    7. Scotty B
    8. Kelvin Spock B
    9. Kelvin Kirk B
    10. Kelvin Scotty B
    11. Dr. Phlox B
    12. Dr. McCoy B
    13. Ro Laren B
    14. Dr. Crusher B
    15. Kelvin Urhura B
    16. Trip B
    17. Archer B
    18. Sarek B
    19. Q B
    20. Saavik B
    21. Lore B
    22. Kelvin McCoy B
    23. Kelvin Checkhov B
    24. Harry Mudd B
    25. Deanna Troi C
    26. Sulu C
    27. T'Pol C
    28. Geordi LaForge C
    29. Checkhov C
    30. Guinan C
    31. Urhura C
    32. Kelvin Sulu C
    33. Malcom C
    34. Hoshi Sato C
    35. David Marcus C
    36. Amanda Grayson C
    37. Alexander Rozhenko C
    38. Barclay C
    39. Gowron C
    40. Wesley Crusher D
    41. Christine Chapel D
    42. Mayweather D
    43. Nurse Ogawa D
    44. M'Ress D
    45. Arex D
    46. Tasha Yar F
    47. Janice Rand F
    48. Dr. Pulaski F
    49. Lwaxana Troi F
    50. Mr. Hom F
    51. Mr. Mot F
    Last edited by Witchfan; 02-28-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Sally Kellerman from Where No Man Has Gone Before (Which oddly enough, also featured a ship crossing the galactic barrier) has passed away. She played Dr. Dehner, who also was given god-like powers by the barrier (or some force within it). She was also in many Robert Altman movies (Including the original Hot Lips in Mash) and also was notable for her role in BACK TO SCHOOL as Rodney Dangerfield's love interest. Terry Farrell, in her film debut, played the love interest of Rodney's son in that movie as well.
    I see what you did there. Condolences to the Kellerman family.
    Wasn't crossing the Galactic Barrier a big part of ST:V-Final Frontier? The film that gave us this quote, "What does god need with a starship?"
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I see what you did there. Condolences to the Kellerman family.
    Wasn't crossing the Galactic Barrier a big part of ST:V-Final Frontier? The film that gave us this quote, "What does god need with a starship?"
    The Galactic Barrier appeared in 3 episodes of TOS including the mentioned Where No Man Has Gone Before and now DISCO and was written into a few books which aren't official canon.

The Great Barrier (Canonically the barriers are considered Separate yet related) appeared in ST V the Final Frontier and an episode of TAS.

Yeah the Great Barrier is basically supposed to be at the center of the Galaxy while the Galactic is the other way around.

Although I think part of the problem people have with TFF is that "galactic center" is much further away from the general area of explored space in Star Trek (At least during TOS) while the galactic border-at least on alpha/beta quadrants-is far closer although it probably took the Enterprise a while to even get that far.

BTW I wonder if the Spore Drive can go to the Gamma or Delta Quadrants? I'm not sure if it's distance limits have ever been brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The Great Barrier (Canonically the barriers are considered Separate yet related) appeared in ST V the Final Frontier and an episode of TAS.
    It wasn't in TAS, which kinda creates a retroactive plot hole with that episode (although both the episode and movie having the crew travel to the center of the Universe doesn't fit with how later shows depicted a much larger Galaxy, anyways).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Some of the earlier novels, including some of the movie novelizations, have starships going to other galaxies LOL. A lot of the Star Trek EU fiction was pretty out there at times (especially stuff like the old Gold Key comics), until I think Paramount or CBS tightened it a bit around '89 or so (although the novels/comics were still not canon, there were more 'rules' I think).

BTW I wonder if the Spore Drive can go to the Gamma or Delta Quadrants? I'm not sure if it's distance limits have ever been brought up.
    In "Context is For Kings," when showing off the drive to Burhham, Lorca claims that one of the planets it could take them to is Ilari, which was also the name of a planet deep in the Delta Quadrant in the VOY episode "Warlord." If taken at face value, that would suggest being able to traverse the Galaxy at will with the drive (how Starfleet would be aware of a planet that far away in the first place in this timeframe is something I question the logic of, but it is what it is).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

We can kind of detect planets in other star systems based on their stars these days, maybe that's how but a bit more advanced.

Just watched ST Picard, and what an episode this season is shaping up to be fire. If Stewart can't come back for another season, we need a Stargazer series with Captain Rios, please.

Yeah Stewart's age seems to be really catching up to him. Shatner's about eight years older and looks less frail than Stewart these days Also his once powerful voice seems far weaker.

Also his once powerful voice seems far weaker.
    Yeah, I noticed that too and wonder if it's an acting choice or does he really just sound like that now?

He sounded similar in LOGAN (although to be fair he was definitely a character intending to be frail) and I think in DOFP as well; also those commercials for Ubereats during 2020 he did with Hammil.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

I definitely felt like Season 2 launched out of the gate with the implication that a ton of the iffy stuff with the Federation had been righted after Season 1. The AI ban is lifted, people who seem strangely abandoned by StarFleet are reinstated, Picard is still mostly living a retired life but is not actively protesting StarFleet, etc.

Since Seven didn't rejoin StarFleet there is still the likelihood that the frontier regions of the Federation are still more scummy and that she thinks the Fed isn't doing enough to change that, but still overall the future seems way less bleak than it did in Season 1.

Yeah I don't think Stewart can yell loudly or with a commanding tone as much these days so Picard is much more of the inspirational and knowledgeable grandfather these days; but in universe Picard is supposed to be pushing 100 so...

Retired

What would happen if you watched every episode in order of Star Date--would they all be in proper order or would the continuity make no sense? I've often tried to figure this out, but I have a hard time making sense of Star Dates.