Page 106 of 183 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2736

Seems Picard holds a somewhat similar position to Kirk in TWOK, although without Kirk's unhappiness in the situation, as Picard always seemed to be more inclined towards more intellectual pursuits than "hopping galaxies" as McCoy put it.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    What would happen if you watched every episode in order of Star Date--would they all be in proper order or would the continuity make no sense? I've often tried to figure this out, but I have a hard time making sense of Star Dates.
    The stardate numbers weren't meant to be looked at too closely and putting them in order would shuffle continuity (for example, in TNG Season 1, that would put Tasha Yar's death before other episodes she appeared in). It's best to just suspend disbelief and gloss over the holes in the system. (Official reference works have suggested the "fix" that the system makes sense; we just don't know the rubric for calculating them).

TNG and the Kelvin movies are the only ones where there's any kind of system; in TNG, the second number noted the season the episode was set in (with DS9 and VOY continuing to go one digit up for each of their seasons in relation to that one), while in the Kelvin movies, the "stardate" is just the Gregorian calendar year with the numbers after the decimal noting how many days have passed since Jan. 1 (e.g. the first stardate we get in the first movie, 2233.04, means that the prologue with George Kirk takes place on Jan. 4, 2233).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I just watched all of Picard over one weekend. It was a better show than Discovery or Enterprise.

Extraordinary Member

Have the specs of the Constitution Class Refit compared to the original design ever been released? I don't mean length or height, I mean things like maximum warp speed, shield strength, and phaser output. The point of the refit was to upgrade those capabilities, which is why the phasers started drawing power from the warp core. But I can't find anything about what the improvements actually did. All the information seems to be only about what the Constitution Class' capabilities were pre-refit. It must have had a significantly faster speed, higher damage output, ect, than but there doesn't seem to be any information around.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The stardate numbers weren't meant to be looked at too closely and putting them in order would shuffle continuity (for example, in TNG Season 1, that would put Tasha Yar's death before other episodes she appeared in). It's best to just suspend disbelief and gloss over the holes in the system. (Official reference works have suggested the "fix" that the system makes sense; we just don't know the rubric for calculating them).
    I'm much too late in saying thanks for the answer, but thanks for the answer. I will imagine that the Star Date is a random number generated by the computer for all star ships in the Federation and inputting that number tells Star Fleet Command where in time-space the ship was at when the log entry was recorded.

Mighty Member

Sooo....now that Startrek Discovery Sn4 has concluded, what are y'all thoughts and/ or rating (.../10) for the season compared to the earlier seasons.

Btw....sn5 is greenlit but will have fewer eps (10eps).

Felt to me the most Trekish of the four seasons. Season one was pretty much edgy Trek, season two did a lot more of the TOS prequel stuff, 3 was sort of giving more of a futuristic Trek+ rebuilding the fractured Federation etc.

This season we sort of had more of the Trek tropes of universe-theathening giant thing, crossing the language barrier/first contact, diplomacy/understanding and exploring "Where no one has gone before" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm much too late in saying thanks for the answer, but thanks for the answer. I will imagine that the Star Date is a random number generated by the computer for all star ships in the Federation and inputting that number tells Star Fleet Command where in time-space the ship was at when the log entry was recorded.
    No prob.

10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The new TMP 4K special edition is coming out on "First Contact Day" April 5th.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The new TMP 4K special edition is coming out on "First Contact Day" April 5th.
    I saw the article on this. Stated as "long awaited"...by whom? I've seen several versions of that film in various formats and cuts. Can't say I was awaiting TMP in yet again another upgrade. It's not the most exciting film, we all know this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I saw the article on this. Stated as "long awaited"...by whom? I've seen several versions of that film in various formats and cuts. Can't say I was awaiting TMP in yet again another upgrade. It's not the most exciting film, we all know this.
    I'd like a BluRay of the director's cut myself.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Maybe making it exciting IS the upgrade. They didn't nickname it The Slow Motion Picture for nothing.
    Dark does not mean deep.

TMP director's cut was never released in blu-ray; just the regular version.

I think there's also a VHS cut that was never upgraded which includes some scenes such as Kirk going out in the "Memory wall" spacesuit (The reguarly cut movie has the "Thruster suit" version, which was also reused for TWOK as Chechov's EV suit). Funny thing is that they didn't bother to finish the special effects so Kirk is clearly on a set in the footage.

TMP director's cut was never released in blu-ray; just the regular version.
    Yeah, with the exception of the upcoming release, there was only one edition of the director's cut made, the original DVD release. (Heck, prior to this, of three movies with director's cut -- this one, Wrath of Khan, and Undiscovered Country -- only Wrath of Khan has gotten a BluRay release of the longer version.

I think there's also a VHS cut that was never upgraded which includes some scenes such as Kirk going out in the "Memory wall" spacesuit (The reguarly cut movie has the "Thruster suit" version, which was also reused for TWOK as Chechov's EV suit). Funny thing is that they didn't bother to finish the special effects so Kirk is clearly on a set in the footage.
    Yeah, the home video version added more footage. That was the one I first saw. The director's cut, as I understand it, used some of the extra footage, but not all of it. In fact, it wasn't until the BluRays that the unaltered theatrical cut of the movie saw home video release, if I recall correctly.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Think at least one version of Undiscovered Country has some added footage during the Mind meld interrogation which shows footage of Chang, Cartwright and Nanclus.

Think the main thing in the TUC director's cut is the scene with Spock, Scotty, and Valeries where Scotty accuseses Azetbur of the murder because she wasn't crying but Spock says Klingons can't cry; and the Colonel West stuff with Rene Auderjonis, including the "Scooby Doo" mask thing.