Page 11 of 183 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    the TV shows...movie audiences aren't going to sit still for that
    Not true. Go back and watch TOS movies as well as TNG movies and you will see what I am talking about. Millions of people sat still for them and loved every minute of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cometman View Post
    Not true. Go back and watch TOS movies as well as TNG movies and you will see what I am talking about. Millions of people sat still for them and loved every minute of it.
    Some of the TOS films sure, but TNG got really actionified...

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Some of the TOS films sure, but TNG got really actionified...
    Explains why I have yet to care about a single TNG movie, yet loved TOS II, IV, VI and liked III.
    That's considering that never did nor do I today like Shatner the Scene Masticater, but liked Picard.

Good dialogue between actors with chemistry is a delight.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Extraordinary Member

Great Trek also often makes direct literary references. A large portion of Khan's dialogue in 2 was quoting Moby Dick, the constant Shakespeare references in 6, the conversations between Bashir and Garak about the differences between Earth literature and Cardassian literature, and this.

Skip to 4:25 to see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel

The greatest thing about Star Trek: Starfleet Academy was that--with the exception of Nog--it featured original characters that weren't bound by a TV series or movie series. Main characters could be written out/killed off at any time and replaced with new ones if a story demanded it (and that did actually happen to one character during its run). I've really been wanting another Trek comic book series like that (with original comic book-only characters and a status quo that could change at any moment) ever since Starfleet Academy ended.
    Starfleet academy isn't supposed to be life and death situations though , it's just cadets.
    Cadets aren't stuck in a classroom for four years. They can also serve aboard working starships or starbases as part of their training or as midshipmen.
    You can always play the old starfleet academy pc game.
    You can always play that.

The point I made that was totally missed here, however, was that Marvel's Star Trek: Starfleet Academy was a comic book series where anything could happen at any time; as it wasn't based on an onscreen series, it had far more creative freedom with its characters and stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter
    Early Voyages was similar in a lot of ways.
    Yeah, it introduced several comic book-only characters. Aside from Pike, Spock, and of course the Enterprise herself, the rest of the series was a blank slate.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

BANNED

Ron Roddenberry produces a weekly podcast recaping every episode of the generally acepted Star Trek ''canon'' (basically everything that was in TV and the movies), with ''suplementals'' were they interview the people involved in the production including a long interview with Robert Orci. They've done it for sometime now, they've just completed both TOS and TAS and after a suplemental looking back on TAS they are going to move on to the TOS movies and then is Next Gen for about 170 something weeks.

http://www.missionlogpodcast.com/archive/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    That's considering that never did nor do I today like Shatner
    Dem's fightin' words!

Yahoo TV has an article/interview with Ronald D. Moore and Brannon Braga on the 20th anniversary of the final TNG episode. You can read it HERE!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Yahoo TV has an article/interview with Ronald D. Moore and Brannon Braga on the 20th anniversary of the final TNG episode. You can read it HERE!
    Thank you for sharing this. It was a very beautiful story and great finish for the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Ron Roddenberry produces a weekly podcast recaping every episode of the generally acepted Star Trek ''canon'' (basically everything that was in TV and the movies), with ''suplementals'' were they interview the people involved in the production including a long interview with Robert Orci. They've done it for sometime now, they've just completed both TOS and TAS and after a suplemental looking back on TAS they are going to move on to the TOS movies and then is Next Gen for about 170 something weeks.

http://www.missionlogpodcast.com/archive/
    Thanks for posting this. I didn't know it existed.
    Its amazing how there is always something Trek related being done. If ever there was a time for a new series to start it would be now. Sadly I don't hear anyone in TV talking about it.

BANNED

So Sci Fi Guy Did a Top 5 Best/Worst Characters.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...rek-characters

SPOILERS.

So his top Worst Captain was Kirk. Now, this is my favorite Captain but I wouldn't care about that, it's a dude's opinion! Nothing bad... my complain is with his reasoning which can be boiled to

A) He likes to fu(k a lot (the shock! The horror!)... and implies he is a rapist because of this.
    B) Commited ''Deicide'' when he killed Apollo (ok, he technically did kill him by driving to suicide), never mind that this was an alien... saying that this is somehow worse than the Genocide other two captains commited.
    C) He was ''impulsive''.

I'm not alone in thinking this reasons are bull, right?

I think with reason B it could be argued that it is opinion. But A and C are probably true. I would not say he is worst but he is also not the best, I think Captain Picard is the best.

BANNED

DS9 was my favorite but then again it was the future, serial storytelling which is basically what all the shows that win awards besides comedies do. Started Slow but the Dominion Arc had some of the best episodes of trek ever. I have seen all or close to all of TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    DS9 was my favorite but then again it was the future, serial storytelling which is basically what all the shows that win awards besides comedies do. Started Slow but the Dominion Arc had some of the best episodes of trek ever. I have seen all or close to all of TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise.
    IMO DS9 overall is my least favorite , its good concept, but the problem of the show that Star Trek is suppose to center on Humans and their intake of Alien Culture but in DS9 it centers on Bajorons, Dont get me wrong, there are some episode I really like and could compete with the best of other ST series such as First Battle of DS9 was definitely epic but overall I didn't care much for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    So Sci Fi Guy Did a Top 5 Best/Worst Characters.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...rek-characters

SPOILERS.

So his top Worst Captain was Kirk. Now, this is my favorite Captain but I wouldn't care about that, it's a dude's opinion! Nothing bad... my complain is with his reasoning which can be boiled to

A) He likes to fu(k a lot (the shock! The horror!)... and implies he is a rapist because of this.
    B) Commited ''Deicide'' when he killed Apollo (ok, he technically did kill him by driving to suicide), never mind that this was an alien... saying that this is somehow worse than the Genocide other two captains commited.
    C) He was ''impulsive''.

I'm not alone in thinking this reasons are bull, right?
    Most of the time, anything from the "that guy with the glasses" site is wrong.
    It has a stellar track record of being unfunny and wrong.