Page 118 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2736

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Exactly. Any property that got as large as Trek didn't get that way be appealing to only one group, it's impossible LOL! If you really want to have fun try explaining to an X-Fan that the X-MEN have a conservative fanbase as well. It's hilarious.
    Just because part of the fanbase is conservative it doesn't mean the property is.

My youngest daughter is WAY into Star Trek right now .

Her faves are Spock, Nurse Chapel, Number One, Murf, and Gwyn.

Prodigy has gotten her into Voyager, so Janeway is rocketing up her list.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Denise Crosby at a convention pretty much just confirmed that she's in Picard season 3, but as Tasha(!) instead of Sela which would make more sense. Maybe YE's version of Tasha didn't die after all? Some more alternate timeline shenanigans somehow?
    In the Star Trek Online Video Game, which is supposed to be canon, Sela finds out her mom didn't die when she thought--she was sent to the Tal Shiar penal colony instead. She presumably died there, but the door could is open for her return.

(Note that Picard has been drawing from Star Trek Online in terms of background references throughout the series)

I don't think Picard ever figured out that that Sela's Tasha was from an alternate timeline-Guinan just gave a sort of vague answer. I could be wrong though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I don't think Picard ever figured out that that Sela's Tasha was from an alternate timeline-Guinan just gave a sort of vague answer. I could be wrong though.
    Sela when she met Picard said Tasha was sent to the past from the future by him which was untrue given Tasha requested heck demanded to go and alternate Picard was originally against. I have to assume Picard new Sela's mother wasn't his Tasha and thus an alternate timeline.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Star Trek can imagine different forms of life, planets and technology but not vertical forms of work organization? You could have a Star Trek show without rank, just a bunch of fams cruisin' the universe. Also just to clarify, when I say 'Star Trek isn't that leftwing' I mean it broadly isn't Leftist or Marxist. Like in the Star Trek future, does the proletariat control the means of production? I don't think so.

Didn't know that, I only heard about Musk when he proposed that hyperloop thing and it would be a few years later until I saw a photo of him. Guess this is where the Iron Man comparisons come from.
    If your point is that Star Trek isn't left leaning because it's not marxist then your use of the term is pretty much useless because that's not how everyone else uses the word.
    Exactly. Any property that got as large as Trek didn't get that way be appealing to only one group, it's impossible LOL! If you really want to have fun try explaining to an X-Fan that the X-MEN have a conservative fanbase as well. It's hilarious.
    It does sound hilarious that conservatives would have such poor reading comprehension skills that they are unable to see that literally all the values presented in the comic from its inception are the exact antithesis to conservatism.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It does sound hilarious that conservatives would have such poor reading comprehension skills that they are unable to see that literally all the values presented in the comic from its inception are the exact antithesis to conservatism.
    A bunch of pretty white (often rich) folk who are part of a persecuted minority that the evil big gub'mint wants to round up and put in camps? Eh. I could see some stuff that todays conspiracy theorists could glom onto.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A bunch of pretty white (often rich) folk who are part of a persecuted minority that the evil big gub'mint wants to round up and put in camps? Eh. I could see some stuff that todays conspiracy theorists could glom onto.
    Such is the power of Metaphor! LMAO It's just vague enough that anyone from any walk of life can plug themselves into it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Such is the power of Metaphor! LMAO It's just vague enough that anyone from any walk of life can plug themselves into it.
    Metaphor is what the author chooses to put into the story; what people take away from it or choose to read into it is something else.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Matt Shakman Officially Steps Down as the Director of Star Trek 4
    https://www.superherohype.com/movies...of-star-trek-4

I don't think Star Trek 4 is happening. No more Kelvinverse. Use the budget to create more Star Trek TV.
    I hope you are incorrect as I really like the cast and would like to see another entry. However, this start/stop for the second time is for sure not promising.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I hope you are incorrect as I really like the cast and would like to see another entry. However, this start/stop for the second time is for sure not promising.
    Me too.

I quite enjoyed the Kelvinverse and have been hoping Jayla would return as the Chekhov replacement.

She was a fun character.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

If your point is that Star Trek isn't left leaning because it's not marxist then your use of the term is pretty much useless because that's not how everyone else uses the word.
    I'm not saying its conservative though, just that its more liberal than this ultra-left-wing show that it is sometimes construed by fans. The franchise has traditionally had a broad appeal for that reason.

I've heard conservatives say the X-men are an analogy of gun rights.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I'm not saying its conservative though, just that its more liberal than this ultra-left-wing show that it is sometimes construed by fans. The franchise has traditionally had a broad appeal for that reason.

Whoever said X-Men is an analogy for gun rights is just stupid. I'm not even anti gun, but you're not born with a gun.

X-Men is an analogy for people being discriminated against for how they were born it's so simple it's meant for children.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Whoever said X-Men is an analogy for gun rights is just stupid. I'm not even anti gun, but you're not born with a gun.

X-Men is an analogy for people being discriminated against for how they were born it's so simple it's meant for children.
    The trick is to keep taking their money and letting them believe that.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Star Trek can imagine different forms of life, planets and technology but not vertical forms of work organization? You could have a Star Trek show without rank, just a bunch of fams cruisin' the universe. Also just to clarify, when I say 'Star Trek isn't that leftwing' I mean it broadly isn't Leftist or Marxist. Like in the Star Trek future, does the proletariat control the means of production? I don't think so.

Didn't know that, I only heard about Musk when he proposed that hyperloop thing and it would be a few years later until I saw a photo of him. Guess this is where the Iron Man comparisons come from.

It is heavily left leaning though and blatantly so, if one is conservative and doesn't see that the show is the antithesis of their worldviews then they aren't very bright...which is pretty in line with a lot of conservatives.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!