Page 126 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2736

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There was actually a series of novels recently which pretty much "Crisis"'ed the whole "TNG relaunch" continuity called CODA.
    Read 'em. Really bad. If you loved the novels, I'd recommend staying away.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I second Dal's character arc over the 20 episodes of Prodigy's season one.
    I didn't much like him either for a good 5/6 episodes of those first 10 but the last 5/6 of the back 10 are very night and day for him.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Watching more of Star Trek TAS it's kind of funny how a lot of the episodes gimmicks feel like a 50's DC comic book cover or Jimmy Olsen issue.

Spock gets a giant clone! The crew gets shrunk! The crew gets temporary superpowers and are put to a mock Salem Witch Trial with the Devil! Kirk and Spock get turned into fish people!

Granted, weird stuff did occasionally happen to the original crew too but here it's pretty much almost every episode.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Watching more of Star Trek TAS it's kind of funny how a lot of the episodes gimmicks feel like a 50's DC comic book cover or Jimmy Olsen issue.

Spock gets a giant clone! The crew gets shrunk! The crew gets temporary superpowers and are put to a mock Salem Witch Trial with the Devil! Kirk and Spock get turned into fish people!

Granted, weird stuff did occasionally happen to the original crew too but here it's pretty much almost every episode.
    The temptations of an unlimited FX budget. I remember reading Whedon say having no constraints on what he could depict in the Buffy comic encouraged pursuing poor stories he would have though over more carefully if he'd had to consider how to pay for it in the show.

What's the difference between the theatrical and director's cut of Undiscovered Country?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    What's the difference between the theatrical and director's cut of Undiscovered Country?
    https://youtu.be/NeGIlOUjkpQ video that breaks down the changed or added scenes.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I don't know that I've ever seen, been aware of, a Directors Cut of ST:VI.
    Guess time permitting I'll check out that link that was posted.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I think the early video tape releases and possibly TV versions also had the extra scenes of Colonel West and the Spock/Scotty/Valeris conversation. Kind of like how TMP had a "Special longer version" videotape too (Which featured among other things, Kirk leaving the Enterprise in the "Memory wall" spacesuit but magically changing to the thruster suit. Oops!)

As for the framing changes, Star Trek VI was one of the films shot on "Super" 35MM in a sort of fullscreen mode but edited to widescreen for the theater. So sometimes fullscreen versions or different widescreen home releases might differ from what is shown in the theathers (This became sort of a big deal when the Back to the Future DVDs were released but oddly framed) although usually it's just a bit more of somebody's body or even stuff not intended to be seen like stage wires, cameras etc. Pretty sure VI is the only Trek movie to use that though.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-12-2023 at 02:02 PM.

In another thread I just mentioned the large time gap between TMP and TWOK and another large time gap has always fascinated me Picard years between his commands of Stargazer and the Enterprise-D. The Stargazer was lost at the "Battle of Maxima" in 2355 and the Enterprise-D didn't launch until 2364 has there been any real exploration of Picard's life during those 9 years without a command?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    In another thread I just mentioned the large time gap between TMP and TWOK and another large time gap has always fascinated me Picard years between his commands of Stargazer and the Enterprise-D. The Stargazer was lost at the "Battle of Maxima" in 2355 and the Enterprise-D didn't launch until 2364 has there been any real exploration of Picard's life during those 9 years without a command?
    That would be a fun series or set of books to explore. Star Trek The Next Generation The Lost Years or something.

And if there was that 9 year gap where he was not in command how did he rate the Flag Ship of The Federation when his last command did not end well (The loss of the Stargazer)
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

There is actually one book. https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/The_Buried_Age. Although of course "non canon" it features a look at his archaeology hobby/possible career, plus his first meetings with most of the TNG crew (with the exception of Riker, of course).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-13-2023 at 10:40 AM.

Decided to do a top ten episodes/Stories for TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, & ENT and favorite episodes of SNW, Prodigy, DISCO, Picard, & Lower Decks.

Cheat Caveat allowing multi-episode stories to count as 1.

TNG: The Battle, Conspiracy, Chain of Command Part 1 and 2, Yesterday Enterprise, Best of Both Worlds Part 1, 2, and Family, Relics, The Pegasus, Sins of the Father, Unification Parts 1 and 2, & All Good Things.

DS9: Homecoming, The Circle, and Siege, Maquis Part 1 and 2, Past Tense Part 1 and 2, Homefront and Paradise Lost, Improbable Cause and The Die is Cast, Things Past, Hard Time, The Siege of AR-558, Favor the Bold and Sacrifice of Angels, & In the Pale Moonlight.

VOY: Phage, State of Flux, Meld, Death Wish, Linage, Relativity, Equinox Part 1 and 2, Random Thoughts, Year of Hell Part 1 and 2, & Basics Part 1 and 2.

ENT: Fortunate Son, Damage, Regeneration, Stigma, Twilight, Affliction and Divergence, Demons and Terra Prime, In the Mirror Darkly Part 1 and 2, Andorian Incident, & Borderland, Cold Station 12, and The Augments.

TOS: Space Seed, The Conscious of the King, Mirror Mirror, Balance of Terror, Menagerie Part 1 and 2, Court Martial, The Galileo Seven, Amok Time, Ultimate Computer, & Doomsday Machine.

Prodigy: Kobayashi, Time Amok, All the World's a Stage, Crossroads, & Supernova Part 1 and 2.

SNW: Quality of Mercy, Mento Mori, & All Those Who Wander.

Picard: The Star Gazer & Penance (The only 2 Picard episodes I fully like, please let Season 3 be as good as the trailers!).

TAS: Yesteryear & The Counter-Clock Incident.

Lower Decks: Second Contact & Hear All, Trust Nothing.

DISCO: The Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad, Despite Yourself, The Wolfe Inside, Vaulting Ambition, New Eden, & If Memory Serves (These are pretty much the only DISCO episodes I like with the notation I never watched Seasons 3 or 4.).
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-16-2023 at 09:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Wouldn't that have been in the middle of the Cardissian/Federation war, which also happend to be when young officers like Jayneway had the chance to proof their mettle?

Actualy now i feel like there could be a fun Lower Decks episode in which we see captain Freeman's time as lower decker on Picard's ship exactly during that time, shedding some light on his pre-Enterprise style of commanding at the time (also the complete weirdness of seeing him still with some hair).

If i recall right Mariner's past more or less implied she actualy grew up on the Enterprise-D for a while. So it's possible Freeman allready served under Picard before.

In general, the entire time between the last original series movie and Next Generation is basicly ripe for exploration. Especialy given how many events were eventualy retroactively introduced to have occured during it.

I would love to see a show with The Enterprise C. We know how it ends but it would be fun t see or at least read about some of their adventures.

Isnt that the only enterprise that has not been explored. Because I thought there were some Enterprise B books.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

An update of how I rank the Star Trek characters

1. Mr. Spock A
    2. Picard A
    3. Kirk A
    4. Data A
    5. Worf A
    6. Sisko A
    7. Quark A
    8. Gul Dukat A
    9. Riker B
    10. Kira B
    11. Scotty B
    12. Q B
    13. Kelvin Spock B
    14. Kelvin Kirk B
    15. Kelvin Scotty B
    16. Dr. Phlox B
    17. Dr. McCoy B
    18. Odo B
    19. Ro Laren B
    20. Bashir B
    21. Dr. Crusher B
    22. Kelvin Urhura B
    23. Trip B
    24. Archer B
    25. Garak B
    26. Kasidy Yates B
    27. Sarek B
    28. Q B
    29. Saavik B
    30. Martok B
    31. Lore B
    32. Kelvin McCoy B
    33. Kelvin Checkhov B
    34. Harry Mudd B
    35. Zek B
    36. Nog B
    37. O'Brien C
    38. Deanna Troi C
    39. Sulu C
    40. T'Pol C
    41. Geordi LaForge C
    42. Checkhov C
    43. Ezri C
    44. Female Shapeshifter C
    45. Damar C
    46. Guinan C
    47. Urhura C
    48. Kelvin Sulu C
    49. Malcom C
    50. Hoshi Sato C
    51. Weyoun C
    52. David Marcus C
    53. Amanda Grayson C
    54. Alexander Rozhenko C
    55. Barclay C
    56. Gowron C
    57. Leeta C
    58. Joseph Sisko C
    59. Rom C
    60. Sloane C
    61. Ziyal C
    62. Eddington C
    63. Vedek Bareil C
    64. Admiral Ross D
    65. Wesley Crusher D
    66. Christine Chapel D
    67. Mayweather D
    68. Jake D
    69. Nurse Ogawa D
    70. Vic Fontaine D
    71. Keiko D
    72. Molly D
    73. M'Ress D
    74. Arex D
    75. Maihar'du D
    76. Tasha Yar F
    77. Janice Rand F
    78. Dr. Pulaski F
    79. Lwaxana Troi F
    80. Kai Winn F
    81. Mr. Hom F
    82. Mr. Mot F
    Last edited by Witchfan; 01-15-2023 at 06:47 PM.