Page 14 of 183 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Insurrection is just kind of a mess
    It's a long episode. So of course.

Unlike Nemesis, which is hilariously self-important and over-booked. I love that terrible movie. It's like Batman & Robin. Totally watchable (and awesome) if people just watch it as a terrible B movie. Picard as an action hero is always funny.

BANNED

Insurrection really does come off as just an extended episode of TNG

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Insurrection really does come off as just an extended episode of TNG
    And not one of the better ones, either. Sincerely speaking, I think most of TNG's two-parter episodes were just flat-out better than Insurrection.

BANNED

The thread did say "star trek : All of 'em".

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    And not one of the better ones, either. Sincerely speaking, I think most of TNG's two-parter episodes were just flat-out better than Insurrection.
    My favorite of the TNG two part episodes was Unification, where Spock's father dies.

One of the stations here liked to show that two-part story a lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    My favorite of the TNG two part episodes was Unification, where Spock's father dies.

One of the stations here liked to show that two-part story a lot.
    I love that they kept the original actors for Both Spock's father and Mother in the movies and TNG.

What would you like to see if Star Trek ever came back to T.V.?

Quote Originally Posted by fandumb View Post
    An introductory apology for the last two big screen movies would be a good start.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    An introductory apology for the last two big screen movies would be a good start.
    I liked them in an alternate universe kind of thing. The part I was most upset with wasthem spending the entire pre production and production telling us that cumberbatch wasn't kahn. Kinda tdk rises telling us talia wasnt talia.

Just caught the end of chain of command part 2 today....THERE. ARE. FOUR. LIGHTS.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I liked them in an alternate universe kind of thing. The part I was most upset with wasthem spending the entire pre production and production telling us that cumberbatch wasn't kahn. Kinda tdk rises telling us talia wasnt talia.

Just caught the end of chain of command part 2 today....THERE. ARE. FOUR. LIGHTS.
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Chai..._%28episode%29
    sir patrick and david warner were real good in those 2 eps

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I second that. Followed by a public flogging of Abrams and everyone else responsible for those movies.

As for a new series I would like to see a Starfleet Academy series with new characters. They could end the series with them graduating the academy and start a new string of movies based on their five year mission.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fandumb View Post
    The Future (Future-Future-Future)

What's happening in the 25th Century? How has society advanced? What would they look back on the TNG crew and think ''Wow, they really used to do stuff like that?'' like the TNG crew once did with the TOS crew. We've had a Soldier Captain and a Diplomat Captain of The Enterprise, what's next? The Capital of one of the strongest Empires of the Galaxy was destroyed and the Ambassador that was fighting the hardest for peace was ''killed'' trying to stop it. What are the ramifications of that? According to Bob Orci, Picard became an Ambassador and Data is now the Captain of the Enterprise, meaning that Artificial Life rights must have advanced a ton since then, what happens after that? Are there more reformed Borgs like Seven? The past few TV shows left a ton of stuff to get the creative juices flowing.

Edit. And that's not even counting the amazing-implications stuff of TOS. Trelane, the Great Barrier in the Edge of the Galaxy, The Great Barrier in the Center of the Galaxy, the Guardian of Forever, which is alive like an organic being but Built by an advanced civilization of unkown origin, The Metrons etc. A Ton of Twilight Zone stuff that was never touched by 90's Trek.
    Last edited by Vidocq; 06-08-2014 at 03:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post

The thread did say "star trek : All of 'em".
    Oooh. April O'neil playing Troi. That's good casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    I love that they kept the original actors for Both Spock's father and Mother in the movies and TNG.

Actually Jane Wyatt (Amanda) did not appear in TNG. Sarek had a new wife in TNG although I think Amanda is mentioned during Picard's emotional freak out after the mind meld with Sarek. Presumabely Amanda passed away in the interim between The Voyage Home and TNG.

Not counting the Winona Ryder version that is.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-09-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    The new movies and TNG? Or the original movies and TNG?