Page 151 of 183 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2736

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    For First Contact, some of the marketing for Neal Mcdonough's character Lt.Hawk stated he was gay, but nothing in the actual movie.

For the Musk thing,

It was kind of Lorca saying that....

Also not the only time:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/USS_Cortez
    They did have Lt Hawks BF on the Titan series of books if I remember right. The first book he was pissed at Worf for Killing Hawk.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Before he really started showing his ass, Elon Musk was considered a left wing hero simply because climate change is a left wing issue and he was pioneering the electric car thing. I'm sure they regret it but I don't think they should be ashamed of not being psychic
    Yeah, I grew up in the generation where Mel Gibson was cool, and then he turned into a giant flaming ball of poo, and I don't feel guilty for liking Lethal Weapon, all those years ago.

Now if I had some cognitive dissonance where I decided that because 'cool guy x' is a big fan of racism, it must be okay and I should be too, then I'd have a faulty logic circuit, or a bad case of herd mentality / hero worship / not thinking for myself.

So there's a new Star Trek strategy game coming called Star Trek: Infinite. The trailer shows a Federation fleet against a borg cube and assimilated planet. The voice-over kind of sounds a bit like Chakotay but I can't find any confirmation.

The art shows Picard, Dukat, Gowron and a Romulan who I'm pretty sure is Toreth from "Face of the Enemy" with of course the main ships of their factions (Although Gowron's ship is a BOP instead of the bigger cruisers).

From what little has been revealed from the gameplay (More to come on June 16th I think) it looks like it will be kind of a Stellaris style game.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-10-2023 at 05:58 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So there's a new Star Trek strategy game coming called Star Trek: Infinite. The trailer shows a Federation fleet against a borg cube and assimilated planet. The voice-over kind of sounds a bit like Chakotay but I can't find any confirmation.

The art shows Picard, Dukat, Gowron and a Romulan who I'm pretty sure is Toreth from "Face of the Enemy" with of course the main ships of their factions (Although Gowron's ship is a BOP instead of the bigger cruisers).

From what little has been revealed from the gameplay (More to come on June 16th I think) it looks like it will be kind of a Stellaris style game.
    I hope so because STFC is not scratching that itch.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

What are some Star Trek What ifs you would love to see.

For me there is one in TNG episode Coming of Age.

"What if Picard had accepted the promotion to Admiral and taken over Star Fleet academy?
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-11-2023 at 06:58 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Gillian Taylor (ST IV) is Captain John Christopher's (Tomorrow is Yesterday) daughter. Or at least my head canon says so.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

My 1st 2 are how I wish seasons 1 for TNG and DISCO were set up.

TNG: I wish some of the cast had been in the position they'd eventually be in as Command Staff. Gordi as Chief Engineer, Worf as Chief of Security (Since that's the only job I can see him at on the Enterprise-D), Yar as Conn Officer (Create back story of her using her piloting skills to escape her home world.) & last less Wesley.

DISCO: Georgiou being Captain of the Discovery and a more likeable version of Burnham as her XO officer who never commits mutiny. Also set the series in the 2230's or 2240's to give it more distance from TOS and also due to the new timeline setting make Sarek not Spock Burnham's Adopted Brother.

Next what if Riker did take command of the USS Aries in season 2. Picard now needs a new XO my choice Ben Sisko it's make sense if offered XO on the Flagship he'd jump at it and with it being a Galaxy class more space for his family. Now we have the "Mother Fucking" Sisko facing the Borg in command of the Enterprise at Wolf 359.

What if Ezri was a separate character from Dax who Starfleet assigned to DS9 to replace Jadzia as Science Office you could even make her another alien species vs trill. Where's Jadzia you might ask well she was in command of the Defiant during some their time at Starbase 375 when Sisko was busy with War Planning duties with Admiral Ross. So, in Season 7 it's simply explained she's been given command of a ship and is on assigned leading raids on the Dominion.

What if Picard died at Wolf 359 and Season 4 onward was Captain Riker with XO Elizabeth Shelby.

The next few are things that almost happened.

What if it was Nick Locarno on Voyager instead of Tom Paris.

What if Sisko's XO had been Ro Laren as originally planned.

What if Tasha had lived and Troi had died or left Enterprise at the end of season 1. (Gene was close to cutting Troi, but when Denise asked to be written out it saved Troi).

What if Kirk had checked up on Khan and evacuated him and his people, including Marla? Maybe relocated them to another (more stable) planet/system?

The "Training cruise" presumably would've gone on without any problems; Kirk would probably still be kind of miserable, David Marcus, Peter Preston and Spock would probably not die; Enterprise might've continued to be a training ship for a while, since the battle damage from TWOK probably hastened the decision to retire it.

However, the whale probe probably would've shown up and presumably Kirk and co. would probably be on Earth at the Academy and not be able to stop it. Even if they figured out the time travel they'd be on the wrong side of the probe and unable to get any small ships off-planet.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Things that should have been...
    >'Star Trek: Insurrection' featured the Ent E actively fighting in the Dominion War: saving Betazed from invasion in the first few minutes (like the Sector 001 battle) before heading to the Briar Patch to stop the Son'a from making ketracel-white for the Founders.
    >VOY's 'Year of Hell' lasted all of season 4.
    >VOY only featured the Borg 7 times: 'Unity', 'Scorpion', 'The Raven' (in flashbacks), 'Hope and Fear', 'Drone', 'Dark Frontier', and 'Endgame'.
    >Harry Kim gets promoted in 'Endgame', a sure sign of the end of the series.
    >A VOY/DS9 crossover episode.
    >Jadzia survived Dukat's attack but is unable to have children.
    >ENT s1 being more like s4: exploring the worlds of the would-be Federation while also introducing new characters and threats.
    >Archer considered using the 'Extinction' mutagenic virus as a bioweapon against the Xindi.
    >ENT s5 plus the refit NX-01, and Shran as a permanent cast member.
    >Ent s6 and 7 dealing with the Romulan War.
    >A real TNG/DS9/VOY crossover episode with ENT. A mix of familiar 24th C crew travel to the past in order to secretly stop *insert enemy here* from destroying the NX. Can our heroes not contaminate the timeline?
    >Another TNG/DS9/VOY crossover episode with ENT! The NX crew are sent to the 24th C, a scenario I don't think we've ever seen apart from maybe Kes in 'Before and After'. Cameos by fan favourite TNG/DS9/VOY characters as the NX crew have culture/technological shock and try to secretly do whatever they've been sent to the future to do. Will they try to see how their own futures turn out? Will they like what they find?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    TNG: I wish some of the cast had been in the position they'd eventually be in as Command Staff. Gordi as Chief Engineer, Worf as Chief of Security (Since that's the only job I can see him at on the Enterprise-D), Yar as Conn Officer (Create back story of her using her piloting skills to escape her home world.) & last less Wesley.

DISCO: Georgiou being Captain of the Discovery and a more likeable version of Burnham as her XO officer who never commits mutiny. Also set the series in the 2230's or 2240's to give it more distance from TOS and also due to the new timeline setting make Sarek not Spock Burnham's Adopted Brother.

What if Picard died at Wolf 359 and Season 4 onward was Captain Riker with XO Elizabeth Shelby.
    Yar at the conn makes sense.
    The real Georgiou was a far better character in the 2 episodes she was in than the cannibal space nympho Hitler version was in 3 seasons. While I respect Michelle Yeoh enjoying playing a scene-chewing villain, I'd rather see her play a more traditional captain. DIS could have been SO much better at the start.
    We kinda saw what would have happened if Picard was never rescued...

Michelle Forbes would have killed it on DS9 but I'm glad we got Nana Visitor's brilliant Kira Nerys.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    No Chief O'Brian, I suspect, since I've heard he was there to provide the connective thread to Next Gen (as Ro would have), while Kira was there to be 'the Bajoran POV character' (which, again, Ro would have been). I love me some Michelle Forbes (her voice makes me swoon!), but I also grew quite fond of Nana Visitor's Kira Nerys... (Not as much a fan of the O'Brians...)

I still find it hard to grok that Nick Locarno and Tom Paris are played by the same actor. He seemed taller and buffer as Locarno? Maybe it was just standing next to Wesley...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I have been doing a rewatch of Discovery recently and been pleasantly surprised by how much better it is this time around. It probably helps that I know going in that the main issues I had with it were eventually fixed.

It also helped that I was approaching the show for what it was trying to be rather than what I wanted it to be (which they eventually delivered in SNW)

If anyone is curious about giving Disco another shot, I'd recommend it. There's a lot of great Trek in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    No Chief O'Brian, I suspect, since I've heard he was there to provide the connective thread to Next Gen (as Ro would have), while Kira was there to be 'the Bajoran POV character' (which, again, Ro would have been). I love me some Michelle Forbes (her voice makes me swoon!), but I also grew quite fond of Nana Visitor's Kira Nerys... (Not as much a fan of the O'Brians...)

I still find it hard to grok that Nick Locarno and Tom Paris are played by the same actor. He seemed taller and buffer as Locarno? Maybe it was just standing next to Wesley...
    Well, I think the Chief stays if Ro if there. I think Worf may be the one that doesn't get added later but perhaps not.

I think the bigger change would be that Ro would be waaay more antagonistic to Ben and not so much of a yes man that Kira was.

I suspect she'd side with Eddington to a degree, too. But not Winn.

Speaking of crossovers, the SNW cast wants a TNG crossover really bad. Some in an interview referenced perhaps like the DS9/TOS one. If so as a hidden in an episode take, which one could be fun with the SNW crew?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Worf was on DS9 for a bit, but I thought he would have really fit in well as a full time member of that cast starting at the get go.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 06-12-2023 at 04:21 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Things that should have been...
    >VOY's 'Year of Hell' lasted all of season 4.
    >ENT s1 being more like s4: exploring the worlds of the would-be Federation while also introducing new characters and threats.
    >ENT s5 plus the refit NX-01, and Shran as a permanent cast member.
    >Ent s6 and 7 dealing with the Romulan War.
    >A real TNG/DS9/VOY crossover episode with ENT. A mix of familiar 24th C crew travel to the past in order to secretly stop *insert enemy here* from destroying the NX. Can our heroes not contaminate the timeline?
    Amen to all of these!

Voyager being lost, isolated, and low on resources as a premise was largely overlooked. Half the time Voyager was indistinguishable from TNG. ENT really hit its stride just as it ended. I’d have loved to see additional seasons. Plus, we never really got the “all trek series do a huge crossover” event. Maybe it’s not too late?

To add to the What If? List….

William Shatner returns as Kirk for a more special send off than Generations. The man is still alive… Trek can make this happen!

Also, I wonder what could have been if Seth MacFarlane had been given permission to do an actual Trek show like he apparently petitioned for. The Orville is phenomenal and a great love letter to Trek. I’d have much preferred he get his shot rather than what we got with Discovery.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!