Page 155 of 183 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2736
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    It's funny. The early TOS Trek movies reused sets for cheaper movies because they realized the Trek audience was "niche", which I feel like the fandom is much bigger than niche, but that's another issue. I don't understand why the costs for these P+ shows keep ballooning after every season. Why not just make a cheaper but still quality show? It can be done.
    When I think of expense, I don't even think much about the sets because once you have them the cost is sunk and it probably doesn't take much to modify them.

I believe the larger expense is the special effects - multiple ships, aliens, fire power, explosions, collisions, shape shifting, etc. I would argue some of the effects of these series are on par with a movie budget. Lower Decks being an exception, but Prodiigy uses some type of CGI 3D animation, which I'm sure is costly.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Worf Drinking nothing But prune juice. How many times did he have to leave the Bridge to makes Booms in the space potty?
    That's assuming that prune juice has the same effect on Klingons that it had on humans.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    That's assuming that prune juice has the same effect on Klingons that it had on humans.
    In my head Cannon Worf has the squirts every couple of days.

Picard - "Red Alert." Looks around "Number one Where is Worf?"

Riker - "He is firing Photon Torpedoes from the back tube."
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-25-2023 at 05:06 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Next Guy using the Head: Oh, for Christ's sake the Gagh was still alive when it came out.

I know one way they saved money of DS9 was to reuse the black and grey Uniforms from first contact. They just altered them to fit the Ds9 crew.
    Generations was originally going to go with all new uniforms, but decided at the last minute not too and just give the TNG crew the DS9 uniforms as an alternate look in Generations. That's why some of them are kind of ill-fitting in the film.

Then it kind of became the default look for Voyager while the rest of Starfleet switched over to the grey look. Although in some parts of DS9 season 4/5ish some still wore the TNG outfits I think; kind of like TNG itself originally just had the new season 3 uniforms for the senior staff while the rest of the crew still had the season 1/2 look for a while.

Kind of interesting how much was spent on the uniforms in TMP-I think pretty much every member of the main cast had at least two uniforms changes, and then there's Kirk who has like five or six over the course of the film.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Generations was originally going to go with all new uniforms, but decided at the last minute not too and just give the TNG crew the DS9 uniforms as an alternate look in Generations. That's why some of them are kind of ill-fitting in the film.

Then it kind of became the default look for Voyager while the rest of Starfleet switched over to the grey look. Although in some parts of DS9 season 4/5ish some still wore the TNG outfits I think; kind of like TNG itself originally just had the new season 3 uniforms for the senior staff while the rest of the crew still had the season 1/2 look for a while.

Kind of interesting how much was spent on the uniforms in TMP-I think pretty much every member of the main cast had at least two uniforms changes, and then there's Kirk who has like five or six over the course of the film.
    According to Shatner in his biography everyone hated those TMP apparently when you sat down the squeezed your nuts like they were in a vise.

Mighty Member

sad thing is P+ bills themselves as "The home for everything Trek". Should be "The home for Trek departures." I blame David Zaslav. He started this saving a buck trend last year cutting things from then HBO MAX platform and citing it as tax writeoffs. Now the other platforms are doing it. Sad time to be into Trek.

I always thought those uniforms looked more like Starfleet issue pajamas. I think everyone was glad when they swapped them out for something more, well, uniform for the next film.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Only problem is now everybody was a "redshirt". Or rather red jacket.

Kind of curious what the reaction was when the outfits first debuted among the fans. Not sure if the redshirt joke had developed among fans yet...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Removing Prodigy from the platform is dumb. Trek is arguably your biggest franchise and you just recently touted P+ as the home for all things Trek.
    Prodigy S2 should air or drop all at once(at minimum) on your site.
    This is why physical media is still important and I've not dumped mine.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Klingon anatomy has 2 of everything... Doubt it even does anything to them physiologically other than serve as a metaphor for Worf's alienation and otherness while trying to find "home."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Kind of curious what the reaction was when the outfits first debuted among the fans. Not sure if the redshirt joke had developed among fans yet...
    And by the time of The Next Generation the secruity officers got the yellow/gold uniforms instead, perhaps because someone though red was more heroic and yellow more fitting secruity personal.

Looking at the TOS movies, Enterprise and Discovery, one can get the impression that every few generations Star Fleet goes through a "everyone wears the same color" phase before going back to the role colors.

Or perhaps it was during transitional times when new uniforms were planned but the committee was still working on them, so they took one allready rejected design and gave it to everyone for the duration.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I always thought those uniforms looked more like Starfleet issue pajamas. I think everyone was glad when they swapped them out for something more, well, uniform for the next film.
    Does seem that way. I felt totally alone in liking the 'space pajamas' way more than that hideous fold-over velco flap jacket thing from the next couple movies.

My recollection is that the redshirt joke was not a thing at the time. Not until social media.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    My recollection is that the redshirt joke was not a thing at the time. Not until social media.
    Family Guy season 1 in 1999

Red Shirt jokes were around in the 90's.