Page 176 of 183 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2736
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't know how they'd do that. Or is it just a weird way of saying they want to do Strange New Worlds the Movie?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Its a farce and won't happen. It is Paramount again trying to chase Star Wars with Star Trek. Do you think it is a coincidence they announce a trek movie a day or two after Disney announced a new star wars Mandalorian movie?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't know how they'd do that. Or is it just a weird way of saying they want to do Strange New Worlds the Movie?
    I do not feel this is so. I have always had this suspect that these streaming trek shows return diminishing profits for Paramount. Strange New Worlds gets a lot of hype and apparently does well on streaming but that tends to be far from the truth outside the trek bubble. They can't afford a SNW movie for big cinema release.
    The show has no rewatchable value and has not appeared on any streaming chart list after it ended.

The top streaming shows for 2023 has been released and SNW is not on the list despite Paramount telling us it is one of the top ten most streamed show. Disney owns most of the top shows. A flop like Secret Invasion still does better in streaming ratings than Strange New Worlds and if Paramount is spending as much as Disney does to make this show than Paramount is really in big trouble.

Paramount announcing the new movie will be a kelvin film is Paramount saying. we know the Kelvin cast are still the best known faces of star trek in the modern age not SNW or Discovery or even Picard. I think Paramount announced this faux movie to try and build the merge with Warner Brothers because they are struggling financially. Apart from Yellowstone, none of their other streaming shows get big ratings and Mission Impossible 7 got butchered by Barbie and Oppenheimer in 2023.

Paramount needs hype and exposure and to keep up with others like Disney, who recently announced a new star wars film. This is just one of their strategies in doing so.

Considering One I liked 2009, loved Beyond and found Into Darkness ok and two the Director lined up has directed episodes on tv for the UK Being Human, Dr. Who (The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang, A Christmas Carol, and The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon), Sherlock's The Reichenbach Falls episode, the Black Mirror Episode USS Callister, & Episodes of Andor I'm actually somewhat optimistic about the idea of this new film.

I'm just confused on why they haven't announced a Star Trek Legacy show yet? Given the response to the idea and the last season of Picard,this should be a no brainer! The fanbase actually seems excited about the idea and, as far as I know, the actors would be willing to do it. So what's the hold up???

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I'm just confused on why they haven't announced a Star Trek Legacy show yet? Given the response to the idea and the last season of Picard,this should be a no brainer! The fanbase actually seems excited about the idea and, as far as I know, the actors would be willing to do it. So what's the hold up???
    I'm pretty sure that's the Picard movie Patrick Stewart was talking about
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

I've heard rumors Paramount is dragging their feet on new shows because they want to wait until Kurtzman's contract is up. This isn't about Kurtzman himself this is simply they don't want outside Production Companies showrunning Trek anymore and want future shows to be handled in House.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the Picard movie Patrick Stewart was talking about
    I haven't heard anything about that one.

I haven't heard anything about that one.
    Stewart recently mentioned that a script is being worked on.

The Romulan war is a major part of Trek backstory that has never received any TV adaptation (ENTERPRISE seemed to be getting there, but it got cancelled) but I'm not sure that would interest a casual moviegoer.

Then again, perhaps the same can be said for a certain one-episode TOS villain back in the early 80s who now is considered pretty much THE big non-Alien Trek villain.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-11-2024 at 03:04 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Romulan war is a major part of Trek backstory that has never received any TV adaptation (ENTERPRISE seemed to be getting there, but it got cancelled) but I'm not sure that would interest a casual moviegoer.

Then again, perhaps the same can be said for a certain one-episode TOS villain back in the early 80s who now is considered pretty much THE big non-Alien Trek villain.
    One of the big issue with the Romulan War is the fact that no one in the Federation (besides high ranking Vulcans) had any idea of what they looked like, meaning you can't have any face to face between your opponents. Its a neat idea for a short arc, but most writers don't see to keen to make that the focus of an entire show.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Why do a prequel when you could do sequels? It’s an alternate timeline, so any weird thing can happen. Have Kirk and crew fight the Borg or the Dominion? Have a radical recast new group of TNG-era characters? Who cares, alternate timeline! No continuity issues! You could even make the Gorn into xenomorphs and have all the Klingon wars you want with no issues.

Decades before Trek 09 would just be… the normal timeline, since 09 is where it deviated.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

I would love to see Paramount Plus do a Earth-Romulan War miniseries. It could serve as the true finale to ST: Enterprise, giving Archer the ST: Picard treatment in a way. One way to get around not having humans interact with Romulans is to use the Remans. Unfortunately, Nemesis established that the Federation knew little about the Remans, but perhaps, they could just retcon that or explain it away as Riker not getting the history right. ST: Enterprise already established that Remans were part of the empire in the 22nd century, so they could easily do more with them for the war, and it would be a nice way to flesh them out more too.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I would love to see Paramount Plus do a Earth-Romulan War miniseries. It could serve as the true finale to ST: Enterprise, giving Archer the ST: Picard treatment in a way. One way to get around not having humans interact with Romulans is to use the Remans. Unfortunately, Nemesis established that the Federation knew little about the Remans, but perhaps, they could just retcon that or explain it away as Riker not getting the history right. ST: Enterprise already established that Remans were part of the empire in the 22nd century, so they could easily do more with them for the war, and it would be a nice way to flesh them out more too.
    Or we just have them not see each other, obviously we as viewers would see the Romulans but the cast would not.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

It's also how Enterprise played it with the Romulans when they made a few small appearances....or having them be in "disguise" as Vulcans.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth