Page 178 of 183 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2736

So Paul Wesley has been bringing up a Kirk spinoff.

How would that work? A sort of TOS untold tales maybe, covering the last two years of the five year mission? Of course fan films covered that area but were pretty much shut down, and TAS is also said to cover that era. While it would be interesting to have a live action M'ress and Arex, I'm not sure if the budget would really work with the latter. Even Paramount+ Trek with perhaps more budget to play around with then 1987-2005 Trek still largely sticks to realizing regular crew member aliens with latex and makeup and Arex would be kind of tricky to realize without animatronics or CG I think.

I mean we pretty much have most of a TOS recast already, all you really need is McCoy, Sulu and Chekhov, and not really the latter since he wasn't cast until TOS season 2, although of course it's implied in TWOK that he's somewhere on the ship at that time and at least met Khan. I mean we kind of have precedent with M'benga who is still Enterprise crew in TOS and on the ship but only appears in two episodes.

There is of course the gap between The Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan which could be interesting but would be an odd choice.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-20-2024 at 08:18 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So Paul Wesley has been bringing up a Kirk spinoff.

How would that work? A sort of TOS untold tales maybe, covering the last two years of the five year mission? Of course fan films covered that area but were pretty much shut down, and TAS is also said to cover that era. While it would be interesting to have a live action M'ress and Arex, I'm not sure if the budget would really work with the latter. Even Paramount+ Trek with perhaps more budget to play around with then 1987-2005 Trek still largely sticks to realizing regular crew member aliens with latex and makeup and Arex would be kind of tricky to realize without animatronics or CG I think.

I mean we pretty much have most of a TOS recast already, all you really need is McCoy, Sulu and Chekhov, and not really the latter since he wasn't cast until TOS season 2, although of course it's implied in TWOK that he's somewhere on the ship at that time and at least met Khan. I mean we kind of have precedent with M'benga who is still Enterprise crew in TOS and on the ship but only appears in two episodes.

There is of course the gap between The Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan which could be interesting but would be an odd choice.
    Paul Wesley did not bring up a Kirk spinoff. Nothing of the sort is in development. He was asked about being a series regular on SNW or a potential spinoff, and said he's open to it, but that SNW isn't going anywhere and he's content with his role in the series.

I think to do another prequel series in TOS era would be further alienating more fans, just a completely terrible idea. Even if they could do some good episodes the effort would be better suited for something set after PIC season 3.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Yeah, the Legacy concept is the preferred potential spinoff.

Doesn't even have to rule out Kirk, either going by Picard season 3, although I don't know about bringing Shatner back. Think he's a bit mad at Paramount at the moment since some TOS promotional material omitted Kirk. Plus he's very old (Although he seems to still be in good health).

Bringing Kirk back in a rejuvenated or cloned body of course is not beyond Star Trek's science of course...although I'm not sure we really need something akin to Shatner's TNG-era novels where Kirk and Picard worked together.

There are rumors that Legacy is for sure happening and will stream on Amazon internationally, with the Picard movie acting as a tie-in, and that they're waiting until after DSC season 5 to officially announce it. This is from SciTrek who claims to have sources at Amazon and Paramount. Dubious for sure, but plenty of ST fan sites have broken news like this before and been right.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

What Ship became the Flag Ship when the Enterprise D was destroyed?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What Ship became the Flag Ship when the Enterprise D was destroyed?
    Maybe the Sovereign - since the Enterprise E came fro that class.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Or there was no official flagship for a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Was Enterprise the flagship in the TOS movies? In TWOK of course it's a legendary ship but still mostly a cadet training vessel by that time, and by III was going to be decommissioned entirely (Although that was probably accelerated by the damage the ship took in TWOK).

According to Picard's notes for season 3 the Titan-a ship with a similar name to Riker's eventual command and the PICARD ship was the flagship around the time of TUC, and was commanded by Saavik, and that it was Sulu's idea.

Although not the flagship, The Enterprise A was sent on the mission to handle Gorkon partly because of Kirk's reputation, although it might be partly because the conspiracy would find an easy scapegoat with Kirk's attitude and history (Sure, a lot of it was Spock's idea, but it's possible Valeris had a hand in giving him that idea in the first place...).

Granted, the A's status is a bit unexplained in the films, although it's generally assumed that Kirk and co. went on at least a few missions with her, although there's some dialogue in TUC that implies they haven't been on her for a while (McCoy doesn't seem to know that Sulu has been promoted and on another ship, Kirk's dialogue about Scotty finding the engine room).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-26-2024 at 09:06 AM.

I always got the feeling some other ship was the flagship, not enterprise. The flagship is commanded by the most high up of the brass, and that was never Kirk. Was it ever Picard?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I've had this discussion with people on other forums/boards and this always comes from fan assumption that the Enterprise is always the Flagship especially since the Series ENT.

In all honesty on screen which is Alpha Canon the NX Enterprise, the Enterprise-D, the Enterprise-E, and recently Pike's Enterprise on SNW were the only Enterprises to ever said to be Flagships and the Kelvin Films said their Enterprise was the Flagship.

I never got the feeling that Kirk's Enterprise during his 5-year mission was the Flagship especially given there were plenty of other Constitution Class vessels which some even had Commodores in Command. Until ENT I assumed the name only became famous in Starfleet thanks to Kirk and his crew.

Now it's likely it was the Flagship during TMP given it was at the moment the most advance ship in the fleet having been rebuilt into practically a new ship. But as pointed out once you get to TWOK 14 years after the events of TMP it's obviously not the Flagship given it has been relegated to a training vessel for cadets.

As for the Enterprise-A I always assumed the Excelsior would be the Flagship before it.

There isn't even evidence that the Enterprise-F was the Flagship I doubt it was by its end given the Inquiry Class was more advance.

Then's there the years where there was no Enterprise. Like the vast gap between the Enterprise-C and D and that brief period between the destruction of the Enterprise-D and Launch of the Enterprise-E between 2371 and 2372.

Now I love the Galaxy Class it's my second favorite ship after the Constitution Refit/Enterprise Class from the films. But to Starfleet the Galaxy was seen as a failure. They were in Mass Production before the Battle of Wolf 359, and most weren't finish until afterwards hence their numbers in the Dominion War. But after Wolf 359 Starfleet changed gears and saw a ship designed to carry families as a mistake. The Sovereign was meant to be the successor to Galaxy Class as the new premier explorer vessel hence why in the 25th Century the Galaxy Class has been replaced by the Ross Class while the Sovereign was still in service even though there was less than a decade in launches between the two classes. I mention this to point out if the Enterprise-D hadn't been crashed in 2371 its very likely the Enterprise-E under its original construction name would have replaced it as the Flagship.

More than likely there was a temp Flagship between the Enterprise-D and Enterprise-E probably another Galaxy Class Vessel.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 02-26-2024 at 11:51 AM.

Kind of wonder if it could've been an Intrepid class, but I think that series despite being advanced was mainly meant as a science and exploration vessel (Although not an update to the Oberth-that was Nova class; I think maybe a more compact variation of the Galaxy class).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of wonder if it could've been an Intrepid class, but I think that series despite being advanced was mainly meant as a science and exploration vessel (Although not an update to the Oberth-that was Nova class; I think maybe a more compact variation of the Galaxy class).
    In the 7th season of TNG, the new USS Intrepid's Warp Engines were preforming better than the Enterprise-D it was annoying Geordi and he was trying to improve the Enterprise's Engines to beat it. So, it is possibly the Intrepid herself was briefly the flagship.

Edit: My top two candidates would be either the USS Intrepid NCC-74600 or the USS Venture NCC-71854 the Galaxy Class Venture took part in many key battles at DS9 and was more advanced than the Enterprise-D with added Phasers.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 02-27-2024 at 08:24 AM.

Are there any books or stories that show what The Enterprise crew did during the war?

I also find it odd that Riker wasnt given a ship until after the war. With all the ships being destroyed and so many being killed wouldnt they want an officer of Rikers caliber as captian on one of the new ships they rolled out? Or even to replace a captain that had been killed in the line of duty.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    In the 7th season of TNG, the new USS Intrepid's Warp Engines were preforming better than the Enterprise-D it was annoying Geordi and he was trying to improve the Enterprise's Engines to beat it. So, it is possibly the Intrepid herself was briefly the flagship.

Edit: My top two candidates would be either the USS Intrepid NCC-74600 or the USS Venture NCC-71854 the Galaxy Class Venture took part in many key battles at DS9 and was more advanced than the Enterprise-D with added Phasers.
    My money would be on the Venture - the Intrepid is the equivalent of a small patrol craft compared to other vessels of the day. One doesn't make a frigate the flagship unless they don't have anything bigger.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Are there any books or stories that show what The Enterprise crew did during the war?

I also find it odd that Riker wasnt given a ship until after the war. With all the ships being destroyed and so many being killed wouldnt they want an officer of Rikers caliber as captian on one of the new ships they rolled out? Or even to replace a captain that had been killed in the line of duty.
    There's a few novels which take place during the war with the Enterprise E crew, but I think in Insurrection they're mainly involved in more diplomatic stuff although with some relevance to the war (as the Insurrection villains also made some Ketracel on the side).

It might've been similar to how the Enterprise under Pike was left out of the earlier Klingon war.