Page 18 of 183 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    So do we talk about the comics here, too? Because that preview of IDW Trek #35 sounds REALLY intriguing...even though it's non-canon.
    What others have said, yes but you might find less people who have read it.

That being said, Bob Orci did something I did liked and declared the Comics he has been working on as a consultant (meaning Countdown, Star Trek ongoing etc) to be canon in relation to his movies, but he reserves the right to contradict them if he sees fit, he compares it to the old Star Wars G-Canon C-Canon hierarchy. .

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/07/str...mics-are-canon

Also, as the OP, I say let's talk about it because it seems like it's going to be badass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    the guy who directed Wrath Of Khan had never seen Star Trek before

its less about knowing the material and more about geting the most potential out of what you have

Nicholas Meyer was also a very succesful writer, he had The Seven Percent Solution under his belt, not Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    From what I remember, deaths on the Enterprise, not those on other places/planets, are very rare. Maybe that is justification for keeping the families on board?
    It seems like people die from stuff like console explosions almost every time they're attacked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Enterprise was always meant as a exploration and ambassador vessel for the federation , not a warship even though it's armed with the latest weapons and all since space is fairly hostile. The opening speech at the beginning says it all really.
    "Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its seven-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

It's not like the terran empire as seen in the mirror darkly episode in enterprise where humans are hostile and aggressive and killed the vulcans in first contact.
    I don't care what they say it's meant to be, it clear is a warship. Just because they don't kill everyone they come across like the evil mirror universe doesn't mean it's not a warship.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    It seems like people die from stuff like console explosions almost every time they're attacked.
    I recall this notion that those console-explosion deaths didn't really start until TNG, and that was because some producer took that Kobayashi Maru simulated battle from TWOK a little too seriously (the one where the entire senior crew "died" by such explosions, only for Kirk and McCoy to talk about the crew's acting skills).

Voyager took it to a whole new level, though. The bridge would spark at the slightest touch, even when they landed (something Voyager was built to do.) And I'll give it to Enterprise to at least show crewmen die from being sucked out into space instead of the overloaded console death.

Hoping someone will pick up IDW Trek #35 and give the nitty-gritty on what happened there, since as far as comics goes this is the first time the new timeline will cross paths with the old.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    What others have said, yes but you might find less people who have read it.

That being said, Bob Orci did something I did liked and declared the Comics he has been working on as a consultant (meaning Countdown, Star Trek ongoing etc) to be canon in relation to his movies, but he reserves the right to contradict them if he sees fit, he compares it to the old Star Wars G-Canon C-Canon hierarchy. .

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/07/str...mics-are-canon

Also, as the OP, I say let's talk about it because it seems like it's going to be badass.

I picked up a few issues when this series began and was disappointed with them. This looks interesting. Maybe I will give it another try.

BANNED

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Anyone else reading the recent IDW adaptation of Harlan Ellison's Original The City on the Edge of Forever? I haven't read the teleplay but I'm really enjoying what Scott and David Tipton have done so far and the J.K. Woodward artwork is quite good. I also liked his work on the Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation² mini series.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

So for anybody planning a Star Trek TNG Rewatch. Rod's The Mission Logs podcast finally reached TNG after going through all of the Orignal Trek material.

https://soundcloud.com/missionlogs/0...er-at-farpoint

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Anyone else reading the recent IDW adaptation of Harlan Ellison's Original The City on the Edge of Forever? I haven't read the teleplay but I'm really enjoying what Scott and David Tipton have done so far and the J.K. Woodward artwork is quite good. I also liked his work on the Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation² mini series.
    I'm planning to get it on TPB. I love the City at the Edge of Forever and I'm facinated by to see what the original story was supposed to be.

Speaking of which, has anybody read the, apparently canon, Star Trek IDW series with Q? Apparently Jean Luc is the Ambassador to Vulcan and Data is Captain of the Enterprise E.

Just reminding us all of stuff that would be great to see in a new TV Show.
    Last edited by Vidocq; 08-08-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

I've been waiting to bust out my TNG Blu-Rays for months now, maybe this is the incentive I need...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    This looks good. These guys understand Star Trek. What does big budget Hollywood give us? Into Darkness. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    I'm planning to get it on TPB. I love the City at the Edge of Forever and I'm facinated by to see what the original story was supposed to be.

Speaking of which, has anybody read the, apparently canon, Star Trek IDW series with Q? Apparently Jean Luc is the Ambassador to Vulcan and Data is Captain of the Enterprise E.

Just reminding us all of stuff that would be great to see in a new TV Show.
    Data as Captain is very interesting!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cometman View Post
    This looks good. These guys understand Star Trek. What does big budget Hollywood give us? Into Darkness. I just don't get it.
    You can watch the full documentary style short in the link below. it looks ridiculously good considering it's budget.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ar-trek-axanar

Axanar takes place 21 years before the events of “Where no Man Has Gone Before”. It tells the story of Garth of Izar, the legendary Starfleet captain who is Captain Kirk’s hero and the role model for a generation of Starfleet officers. Garth charted more planets than any other Captain and was the hero of the Battle of Axanar. His exploits are required reading at Starfleet Academy.

This is the story of Garth and his crew during the Four Years War, the war with the Klingon Empire that almost tore the Federation apart, and whose resolution solidified the Federation and allowed it to become the entity we know in Kirk's time.