Page 26 of 183 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

So two episodes of next generation that had plots that needed further explalation or at least a continuation.

The invasion of the crawdads. I don't remember the name of the episode but that is what I always think of when I think of this episode. I just remember my dad watched the show and I came in at the end and there was this little crawdad scorpion looking thing that crawled into rikers mouth and then he had like a thorn stickingout his neck. It ended with the one guy sending a message to his superiors and we never saw anything more. It scared the crap outa me as a kid. My grandpa had a farm with a big creek full of crawdads and I was terrified of getting pinched and then all of a sudden they were crawing in peoples mouthes. Gross.

Then there was the episode where the enterprise got taken over and made some sort of life form via the holodeck and the replicator and at the end it just flew off and we never saw it agaim. Seems like voyager could have explored this storyline at some point in their journey home.

No. There are new rumors, but they're only rumors, and there's nothing factual surrounding them. Even if it turns out to be true, which I'd love, it'll happen after the next terrible movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    No. There are new rumors, but they're only rumors, and there's nothing factual surrounding them. Even if it turns out to be true, which I'd love, it'll happen after the next terrible movie.
    Those rumors have been around since 2006

I met Avery Brooks at Fan Expo Canada one year. He was leaving the convention and waiting for his car but was talking to fans and being nice. I asked him if he ever looked into the relaunch novels....He looked at me and said those books were the worst fanfiction he has ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I met Avery Brooks at Fan Expo Canada one year. He was leaving the convention and waiting for his car but was talking to fans and being nice. I asked him if he ever looked into the relaunch novels....He looked at me and said those books were the worst fanfiction he has ever seen
    So his answer was yes, but I think being dismissive of them is a bad thing. They are officially licensed and acting as if the authors behind the books are merely fan fiction writers is needlessly harsh. Of course, I might just feel that way because I've enjoyed the books set after the series endings.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Those rumors have been around since 2006
    And they're circulating again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    So his answer was yes, but I think being dismissive of them is a bad thing. They are officially licensed and acting as if the authors behind the books are merely fan fiction writers is needlessly harsh. Of course, I might just feel that way because I've enjoyed the books set after the series endings.
    He also called them complete trash that missed the point of the series

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I was critical of the new star wars movies coming out because of how they wiped away the cannon of the novels that have come out for the last 20 years or so on the page of one of the winners of the syfy show face off. I was facebook friends with her only. She basicly said that anything written in a pre-exsisting universe is fanfiction and no comparison to the time and effort put into a movie. And then promptly unfriended me so I couldn't respond.

The Star trek expanded universe stuff has never really been canon (Although, like with Star Wars, some of the stuff from them-mostly names-has been incorporated here and there into the canon). However, I think that mainly started as a Roddenberry thing before becoming official policy, and he didn't consider any Trek he was only partially involved with (Such as the cartoon series and the films after TMP, especially V and VI, although in the former who can blame him) to be canon.

Granted, some of the Trek EU has gone on some weird tangents. The Gold Key comics didn't really get the characters or the series concept at all, and the DC comics, while much more fun and far better well-written, have a ton of continuity issues with the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Star trek expanded universe stuff has never really been canon (Although, like with Star Wars, some of the stuff from them-mostly names-has been incorporated here and there into the canon). However, I think that mainly started as a Roddenberry thing before becoming official policy, and he didn't consider any Trek he was only partially involved with (Such as the cartoon series and the films after TMP, especially V and VI, although in the former who can blame him) to be canon.

Granted, some of the Trek EU has gone on some weird tangents. The Gold Key comics didn't really get the characters or the series concept at all, and the DC comics, while much more fun and far better well-written, have a ton of continuity issues with the movies.
    The william shatner stuff post gnerations was awful.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I just ignore Star Trek GEN. As well as Star Trek TMP, V and INS.

As said previously, the only real Trek EU I follow is Star Trek Online.

Something I just noticed. In the episode the ascent. Jake and Nog move in together and you get a couple of good shots out their window and you see the vastness of space. How can that be. Are the outer ring is the docking ring. One would assume the docking ring has no quarters as such all quarters should have a terrific view of the interior of the docking ring or central command station.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Sharing the magic. Yes that is Garret Wang and Tim Russ' voices in the background.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Has anyone tried to sort out any of the shows based not on airing date, but by internal stardates? Kind of curious how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Something I just noticed. In the episode the ascent. Jake and Nog move in together and you get a couple of good shots out their window and you see the vastness of space. How can that be. Are the outer ring is the docking ring. One would assume the docking ring has no quarters as such all quarters should have a terrific view of the interior of the docking ring or central command station.
    Are the windows real windows? Or just pretty tv screens?
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 06-02-2015 at 09:32 PM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)