Page 28 of 183 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Does anyone else hate terry farrell for leaving. She had to know the show only had one more season so leaving before it was over seems pretty selfish.
    I don't "hate" her, but I remain disappointed to his day whenever I watch a season 7 episode.

Rumor has it that she requested being written out of the show, with the option to return for the finale. The bitter producers weren't having it, and made the decision to kill her off.

I think they could have easily sent Jadzia away on a war related mission, and had her check in once in a while. How hard could it have been to film 2-3 bits featuring her face that Worf or Sisko could talk to for 30 seconds on a view screen?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Don't get me wrong I liked ezri and found her just as attractive as Jadzia but I wish we hadn't had to lose jadzia to get ezri.

Did Sisco sleep with mirror universe Dax? That's kinda sleezy.
    "Hate" is such a strong word, especially for someone who we probably don't know personally nor have ever worked with her.

From what I understand, she asked Rick Berman for a reduced schedule, and possibly split time with Bcker. After all, 6 years of 12-16 hr days 6 days a week as a starring regular in a weekly hour long drama is going to be draining (and why television actors tend to have such a high turnover rate); and studio audience sitcoms have less production time and shorter work days. Berman rejected it and the two parties couldn't come to an agreement regarding the contract, so she left. There was no animosity between her and her castmates though, and from all accounts the last episode was a very emotional shoot for everyone.

The producers also nixed the idea of her leaving the show and making occasional, recurring returns to the show a la Denise Crosby, and that might have played a role in her refusing to let the producers use footage of her for the montage in the show's finale. Plus, the episode ran out of budget to hire her outright for a surprise appearance.

But anyway, no one "knew" that DS9 would end at 7 seasons either when contracts were first signed. It wasn't until that show when the pattern of 7 Trek seasons emerged (doing it once for TNG does not make it a pattern). The original cast's contracts were for six years, not 7.
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-08-2015 at 06:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

There's no reason to really hate her. It's just a job.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Disappointed, but what they ended up doing, I don't mind. Ezri is a good character in her own right and she had some good episodes. Her dynamic with Worf made some good drama, IMO. And I can't help but always feel sorry for her when Garak completely rips into her. The Sisko drama was also wonderful, with it taking place at the height of the Dominion War.

Mixed on the idea of paring her up with Bashir. Sure, it's kind of poetic that Bashir tried and failed to get with Jadzia at the beginning, but by the end managed to get with Ezri, but I felt it was pretty contrived.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

We need a new Trek series
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The producers also nixed the idea of her leaving the show and making occasional, recurring returns to the show a la Denise Crosby,
    Denise Crosby also asked for some time off, because she had a scheduling conflict with Pet Semetary (IIRC) and was booted out the door instead. It was only later that she was allowed to come back for a few bit parts (as herself in a time travel episode and as her half-Romulan daughter).

With Terry Farrell, again, IIRC, it was Hellraiser III. "Can I have some time off, like Gates McFadden did that once so she could have a fourteen second cameo in Hunt for Red October?" "No. Welcome to Firedville, population you."

Loved Terry Farrell's Jadzia.

Never liked Ezri, whose amazing psychological counseling technique was, almost every single time, "Oh, I was completely ignoring what you said for the last five minutes, but I have a similar problem and thanks to you, I've got an idea how to fix my problem! Hopefully, since I don't have any idea what your problem was, you can do something similar!"

They've done a really decent job of expanding the Ezri character in the books set after the series.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    They've done a really decent job of expanding the Ezri character in the books set after the series.
    I haven't read much of the ds9 books set after the end of the series. Im thinking about it though.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Denise Crosby also asked for some time off, because she had a scheduling conflict with Pet Semetary (IIRC) and was booted out the door instead. It was only later that she was allowed to come back for a few bit parts (as herself in a time travel episode and as her half-Romulan daughter).
    Pretty sure Crosby simply wanted out altogether, not just some time off. The accounts I've read state she went straight to Roddenberry himself, and he couldn't guarantee that season 2 would give her more to do than say "Shields up!" every week. So they parted amicably.

With Terry Farrell, again, IIRC, it was Hellraiser III. "Can I have some time off, like Gates McFadden did that once so she could have a fourteen second cameo in Hunt for Red October?" "No. Welcome to Firedville, population you."
    McFadden was definitely fired. Can't remember exactly whom it was that didn't like the Crusher character (Bob Justman? Maurice Hurley?), but they convinced Roddenberry to replace her with a McCoy rip-off.

Loved Terry Farrell's Jadzia.
    Ditto!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/...e-9-crossover/

Disappointed that this never came about, though 11 crossing over twice could've been a bit too much.

107th Inf Rgt (HC) PAO Timberley's Avatar

I haven't read much of the ds9 books set after the end of the series. Im thinking about it though.
    I would. The expansion of Ezri Dax from her counsellor roots is a good series, and the Destiny books that followed I found really very good. It's just a pity the USS Aventine became the 'Mary Sue' of ships in many ways. The modern Typhon Pact stuff I've found a bit 'meh' though.

Tim
    Current Long Term Reading: Lazarus (Rucka), Wonder Woman (Azzarello), Fables (Willingham), Spider-Woman (Hopeless)
    Old Favourites: The Dirty Pair, WildC.A.T.s, The Authority, The Sandman, Judge Dredd

I finished my rewatch of Enterprise Season 1 and was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed the cliffhanger finale.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Pretty sure Crosby simply wanted out altogether, not just some time off. The accounts I've read state she went straight to Roddenberry himself, and he couldn't guarantee that season 2 would give her more to do than say "Shields up!" every week. So they parted amicably.

McFadden was definitely fired. Can't remember exactly whom it was that didn't like the Crusher character (Bob Justman? Maurice Hurley?), but they convinced Roddenberry to replace her with a McCoy rip-off.

Ditto!
    Denise's departure was worth getting to see her in a Red Shoe Diaries episode shortly after. And Geordi got some welcome character development in the ensuing seasons.

Star Trek suffers another loss today, as James Horner (Composer of Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock, among other works), has died in a plane crash.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...omposer-804365

Sigh...