Page 31 of 183 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Nope, as American as apple pie...I was born in Iowa and still live here, on the local H & I station that's the schedule every weekday night and then on Sunday...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Anyone know if Heroes & Icons airs Trek episodes unedited?

I used to DVR the BBCAmerica reruns, but stopped once I realized they cut out entire scenes...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Anyone know if Heroes & Icons airs Trek episodes unedited?

I used to DVR the BBCAmerica reruns, but stopped once I realized they cut out entire scenes...
    This is why I just buy the season sets.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

So anybody seen the new Discovery promo? Doesn't reveal too much, but far more than earlier ads have. http://trekmovie.com/2017/01/31/new-...niforms-ships/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

So I finally watched ENTERPRISE on Netflix. I actually really enjoyed the show. The first two seasons were uneven and inconsistent but the characters and performances were top-notch. The Xindi arc was a mixed bag for me, but the fourth season was pretty stellar - some of the best TREK since TNG and DS9.

But that last episode...ugh. Talk about the most rushed, unemotional, detached finale in history. Really left a bad taste in my mouth, especially considering the "Terra Prime" story arc that preceded it was great.

Ultimate Member

I hated the ending because they killed off Tripp and didn't let he and T'Pol be together which as far as I've read is what would have happened had the show lasted longer, so yeah the ending was rushed and badly done...I never really liked Archer either, he always seemed like to much of a boy scout for my taste, even with the Borg he refused to kill them, he was always trying to save everybody...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    So I finally watched ENTERPRISE on Netflix. I actually really enjoyed the show. The first two seasons were uneven and inconsistent but the characters and performances were top-notch. The Xindi arc was a mixed bag for me, but the fourth season was pretty stellar - some of the best TREK since TNG and DS9.

But that last episode...ugh. Talk about the most rushed, unemotional, detached finale in history. Really left a bad taste in my mouth, especially considering the "Terra Prime" story arc that preceded it was great.
    I thought it was a STTNG episode in a very thin disguise. Nothing about STTNG was needed or wanted in that finale.

the show is ok if you ignore continuity. I put it as movie continuity since the last Trek movie mention the Xindi.

The last ep was not a ENT season finale it was Star Trek on TV series finale. Which sucks for ENT but it was ok as a good bye for the overall thing.

BANNED

Star Trek Enlists Jason Isaacs as Discovery Captain:

Isaacs (A Cure for Wellness, the OA) will star as Captain Lorca, the captain of the Starship Discovery. He joins a growing cast of series regulars that includes The Walking Dead's Sonequa Martin-Green as Rainsford, a lieutenant commander; Doug Jones as science officer Saru; Anthony Rapp as fellow science officer Stamets; James Frain as Sarek, a Vulcan astrophysicist and Spock's father; Terry Serpico as Starfleet admiral Anderson; Maulik Pancholy as chief medical officer Nambue; and Sam Vartholomeos as junior Starfleet officer Connor. Set to recur are Michelle Yeoh as Georgiu, captain of another ship called the Shenzhou; Shazad Latif as Kol, the Klingon commanding officer; Chris Obi as a Klingon leader T'Kuvma; and Mary Chieffo as L'Rell, a Klingon commander.

The 13-episode Star Trek: Discovery has already had a troubled road to the screen. Originally set to debut in January, it was delayed to May before being pushed back a second time. CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves noted recently that the series is now likely going to debut in the late summer or fall. On top of the delays, original showrunner Bryan Fuller exited the series in October, with his longtime collaborators Gretchen Berg and Aaron Harberts poised to take over.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...captain-983868

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

A great cast for sure... hopefully they're enough to carry what otherwise sounds like a trainwreck.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have said forever if they had started with what we got in season 3 and skipped most of that temperal cold war story line we got in seasons 1 and 2 the series probably could have ran 7 years like the rest of the Treks did. Those first 2 years just turned so many people off the series it didn't matter how good it got latter on they were not coming back.

The fourth season really did get things back on track-although it was a bit too heavy on the fan pandering at times (The whole Augment/Data's grandfather/Klingon ridges storyline).

I kind of see the Petter Weller episodes before the finale as the 'real' finale.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have said forever if they had started with what we got in season 3 and skipped most of that temperal cold war story line we got in seasons 1 and 2 the series probably could have ran 7 years like the rest of the Treks did. Those first 2 years just turned so many people off the series it didn't matter how good it got latter on they were not coming back.
    What I liked about the first two seasons, aside from the characters and acting, was the awe of the crew whenever they did something that all other TREK franchises somewhat took for granted. Like the first time they encounter an M-class planet that's similar to Earth. To me that was kind of neat for them to show, even though I'm sure for some other fans felt it was somewhat tedious. And I firmly believe that COGENTIOR was one of the best Star Trek episodes of all the franchises.

They started off on the wrong foot with the Temporal Cold War plot. It was clear based on how it was wrapped up in the fourth season that they just didn't have it well planned out and I think it bogged the first two seasons down somewhat. I also think in an attempt to distance itself from other STAR TREK, they made it too separate and too disconnected.

As far as the Xindi war, like I said, it was a mixed bag for me. I think they should have done the Romulan War instead since the time period matched up somewhat and the Romulans are a for more interesting set of characters than the Xindi were.
    Last edited by kingaliencracker; 03-31-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Vanity Fair ran an article on the 25th anniversary of Star Trek Deep Space Nine.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Vanity Fair ran an article on the 25th anniversary of Star Trek Deep Space Nine.
    Love DS9.

Probably not going to spend $35 for a 25th anniversary documentary dvd tho