Page 32 of 183 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

I wrote my thoughts here on the 25th anniversary
    https://realotakugamer.com/editorial...th-anniversary

Ultimate Member

I just feel very old when I learn of the 25th anniversary of DS9 and others as I remember them when they were all on regularly and all...I didn't really like DS9 until the later years, after Sisko shaved his head...

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is my favorite Trek so I'm always happy to see it get talked and/or written about. I want to see the documentary but somehow missed the $35 cost part.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I'm just getting into Star Trek The Next Generation within the last few days. I was bored so I watched some clips of the show on Youtube and decided to borrow my friend's CBS all access account until Survivor (or some show he watches, can't remember) comes back on. Excellent show. I've only seen about 30 or so episodes of the original series and I enjoyed that a great deal but this show is equally excellent in my book. I've only seen about 10 or so episodes so far and Data is my favorite character. I'm watching the show out of order. Anyone have any good Data episodes? I've seen Measure of a Man, The Offspring, Datalore and Brothers.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

"The Most Toys" and "The Offspring" remain my favorite Data episodes.

"Hero Worship" and "Phantasms" are also great.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I have to check out The Most Toys.

I just watched In Theory and I really enjoyed it. Poor Data. But can you really feel sorry for him? He doesn't seem to feel a loss. I have such complex feelings! Something I haven't felt from a comic or movie in a while...

Also watched Q Who and the first part of The Best of Both Worlds. The Borg are scary as hell. Were they inspired by the Cenobites in Hellraiser?

I think it's important to note that those are pitches. One, or several, or all four, or none of them might be greenlit -- Star Trek had a similar thing pitching a 25th century cartoon while Enterprise was still in the air.

Though with that said, Star Trek's love of spinoffs and CBS' addiction to franchise-building seems like a match made in TV heaven, for all the good and bad that brings. Star Trek: Miami, here we come.

Khan idea has been around since the production of Discovery there was even rumors if Discovery did bad the Khan series which would be helmed by Nicholas Meyer would replace Discovery in season 2 under the guise they were doing an anthology series.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I think it's important to note that those are pitches. One, or several, or all four, or none of them might be greenlit -- Star Trek had a similar thing pitching a 25th century cartoon while Enterprise was still in the air.

Though with that said, Star Trek's love of spinoffs and CBS' addiction to franchise-building seems like a match made in TV heaven, for all the good and bad that brings. Star Trek: Miami, here we come.
    Was that the idea of a future where the Federation was in decline?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

I imagine that CBS All Access probably lost a lot of subscriber once Discovery ended it season. They may be looking to have new programming year round

Okay guys, haven't cried at a movie or tv show in a while but I just watched two back to back episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation and I gotta tell you, both times I got emotional. The Inner Light and Lower Decks. Man... what a great show. How is it I'm a 26 year old nerd who grew up with Star Wars, Alien, Superman, Green Lantern and Blade Runner but didn't get into Star Trek until just recently?

Mighty Member

'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' Documentary Trailer Released

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine documentary What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is coming to theaters for one night only. The documentary has now released its first trailer. The trailer reveals interviews with the show's cast, including star Avery Brooks, as well as footage from the show remastered in high definition for the first time and the animated featurette about a hypothetical eighth season of the series. You can watch the trailer above.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Already got my ticket!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I was just watching some DS9 last night. It is still my favorite of all the Trek shows. To me DS9 will always be the strongest show with the better storylines and more fleshed out characters that feel like real people. That was always my issues with Next Gen in that everyone was just a little too "perfect" all the time. None of them really had any real problems outside of maybe Worf. The rest all had their little moments here and there, but most of the time they were the same "perfect" starfleet officer in the last episode they were in the first episode of the series. You compare that to the growth and change of character like Sisko, Quark, Bashir, Odo, and others on DS9 it is not even a contest.