Page 35 of 183 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Nog went from one of the most annoying characters to one of the best developed and most fleshed out characters in all of Trek. Eisenberg put a lot (A LOT) of work into Nog's transformation. Love him and his work.

My condolences and best wishes to everyone who knew him.
    Don't forget he also wrote a few Star Trek comics. I want to say he did that while Malibu had the rights to Star Trek. I want to say it was a mini around the time Mark Leonard did one.

Yeah, DS9 Worf is much more realized than TNG Worf by a long shot.

I was watching a youtube video about the worst supporting characters in Trek, and a good chunk (maybe even a majority) came from DS9. But likewise so was the list of best characters. It then dawned upon me that DS9 really could afford to have both simply because it had such a large supporting cast compared to the other shows -- it was so nice to have that variety that can even allow for both the best and the worst to be on the same show. And of course, even the worst characters had the best to work with. A rising tide lifts all ships.
    Going by the final four season-you had to use that supporting cast. Heck you could have made a FLEET of spinoffs off of them alone.

Nog in Starfleet academy
    Jake doing WHATEVER he did when we didn't see him.
    Red Squadron
    Cassidy and her smuggling
    A series in either the Klingons or Cardassians.

It's funny the Borg NEVER bothered them.

New trailers for both Discovery and Picard today.

-Discovery seems to imply the Federation/Starfleet is possibly no more in the 32nd century or whenever they are. We see Andorians, Trill and Morn or one of his species too!

-Picard shows off some more stuff-Picard and Data wearing their old uniforms, more of the Borg, Allison Pill seems to be a Doctor of some kind (Beverly's daughter with Picard, maybe?) and of course Riker and Troi are back, with a family. Also curiously there's a Romulan bird of Prey-the TOS version.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Discovery seems to imply the Federation/Starfleet is possibly no more in the 32nd century or whenever they are. We see Andorians, Trill and Morn or one of his species too!
    That fits with ENT where it's implied the Federation was a thing of the past (e.g. "Shockwave," Parts I and II"). (Wonder how they'll explain the crew being stuck in the future, since ENT showed that time time travel was routine prior to that?)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Bondage Empress has to go back to star in the Section 31 series, so she'll find her way back somehow.

Remember the Short Trek that showed this future? Discovery hidden in a nebula for a thousand years? I'm guessing the crew restart the Federation [thanks, Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda!], go back in time aboard Discovery, then hide it so the ship and its knowledge can be used again in the far future. But the point of taking it to the far future was so that its knowledge wouldn't fall into the wrong hands... Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That fits with ENT where it's implied the Federation was a thing of the past (e.g. "Shockwave," Parts I and II"). (Wonder how they'll explain the crew being stuck in the future, since ENT showed that time time travel was routine prior to that?)
    I don't recall Daniels saying the Federation was gone, just that it had evolved. The STD preview seems to show that the Federation completely collapsed. How boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I really enjoyed the Short Trek 'Q&A'. No Q, FYI.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I don't recall Daniels saying the Federation was gone, just that it had evolved. The STD preview seems to show that the Federation completely collapsed. How boring.
    Well, guess we have more fan whining about the canon being broken to look forward to.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Well, guess we have more fan whining about the canon being broken to look forward to.
    STD s3 is set a few centuries after Daniels' time, so there's no canon to be broken since we've never seen that far ahead before. To be fair, a magic ship able to travel anywhere in space really belongs in the far future of Trek anyhow.

STD s3 is set a few centuries after Daniels' time, so there's no canon to be broken since we've never seen that far ahead before. To be fair, a magic ship able to travel anywhere in space really belongs in the far future of Trek anyhow.
    Fair enough. Still have to wonder what happened to all their time travel tech, though.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Canon to right of them,
    Canon to left of them,
    Canon in front of them
    Volleyed and thundered;
    Stormed at with shot and shell,
    Boldly they rode and well,
    Into the jaws of Death,
    Into the mouth of hell

-- Star Trek writers trying to stay one step ahead of Trekkie knowledge

Fair enough. Still have to wonder what happened to all their time travel tech, though.
    My thoughts exactly. Your millennium-old empire with advanced time travel technology doesn't JUST collapse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Canon to right of them,
    Canon to left of them,
    Canon in front of them
    Volleyed and thundered;
    Stormed at with shot and shell,
    Boldly they rode and well,
    Into the jaws of Death,
    Into the mouth of hell

-- Star Trek writers trying to stay one step ahead of Trekkie knowledge
    They can try!!!

My thoughts exactly. Your millennium-old empire with advanced time travel technology doesn't JUST collapse.
    They can try!!!
    Though not time travel, there's precedent in Trek: Bajorans achieved warp travel during Earth's Renaissance, and even before then, they were already accomplished scientists, artists, and philosophers before humans learned how to make tools. By all measures they were on the path to becoming just as technologically significant as the major powers in the Alpha Quadrant. But the Cardassians basically bombed and raided all their tech, and killing their greatest minds and libraries meant a severe depletion of knowledge transference, while maintaining Bajor's religion to placate the masses. So much of DS9 wasn't just about Bajor coming back from its darkest tragedies, but the means to reconstruct their knowledge and technologies back to what was and should have been a great interstellar power (also a reason to refuse Federation membership -- to show that they could rebuild under their own autonomy). As DS9 went on, more Bajoran ships and more scientists would be seen, but they were still a long, long way from competing with the Cardassians.

So their 800 year old interstellar reach (and they as a people) nearly collapsed. Though not time travel, they certainly weren't traveling at warp 9 like they did in the old days. The end of DS9 basically showed the Cardassians -- devastated by the Dominion -- now in the same situation as their former captives, the Bajorans. DSC cites DS9 quite a bit already, and so I wouldn't be surprised if they had the Federation in dire straits like Cardassia and Bajor.

The Short Trek mentioned a war raging, one side of which was associated with old Earth things and referred to [and clarified by the writer online] as being what the Federation became in the future. I think it's still there but in such a bastardized form that no one from even a few centuries before would recognize it, and it's most likely the bad guy.

I take your Bajoran point readily but, as you said, they didn't have time tra... Wait... The Orb of Time. Nah, we all know the Prophets couldn't care less about anything but The Sisko. I bet the only non-linear reason they 'care' about Bajor is because The Sisko does.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    I do hope this film sees the light of day... and then I hope they put the Kelvinverse to rest.

Now that ST has a presence on TV again (albeit not in the way many hoped for), I'd like to see them keep focus on the prime universe.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Would Chris Pine be onboard though? They were pretty much going for a team up between him and Hemsworth (Who played his father in the opening minutes of the first Kelvin film) but both talks fell through about a year and a half ago.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth