Page 5 of 182 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    The winner is T'Pol. I wouldn't have sex with any of the others.
    Really? I wouldn't turn down 7 of 9...or Jadzia...or Ezri...or Kira...or TNG era Yar...or TNG era Troi...or Crusher...or Ro...or Sato...or Torres...or TOS era Chapel...or TOS era Rand...or TOS era Uhura...or reboot Uhura...or Carol Marcus...or reboot Carol Marcus...or...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Really? I wouldn't turn down 7 of 9...or Jadzia...or Ezri...or Kira...or TNG era Yar...or TNG era Troi...or Crusher...or Ro...or Sato...or Torres...or TOS era Chapel...or TOS era Rand...or TOS era Uhura...or reboot Uhura...or Carol Marcus...or reboot Carol Marcus...or...
    Neither would I, but the choices were Spock, Data, Dax, Kim and T'Pol.

My bad though. I didn't see Dax as a choice. I'll take either, but I do prefer Jadzia.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cometman View Post
    HaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

I would call it a close race between Spock and Data.

Wait... to which question? Because Data is fully functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    I usually like After Hours, but it runs by the rule of funny, and they don't care about getting facts right. Seriously, complaining about their uniforms? Its like watching a Bond film and assuming everyone on earth wears a tux because he does.
    Life is but a dream

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I find it quite ironic that the stars of this program are complaining about everyone wearing the same clothing when half of them are wearing hoodies and all of them are wearing shirts (made from cotton) and (presumably) pants. People in the 1500's would look at their clothing and assume everyone was wearing very homogenized (dare I say pre-packaged) clothing, especially compared to the people in the 1500's hand-made garments that were far bulkier and highly ostentatious (at least for the middle & upper classes).

Their assumptions about the lack of music, poetry, holoprograms, etc. that represent time-periods between us and them is a sign that people in Trek exist in a backward looking culture is fairly fallacious. The reason we hardly see such aspects of their society is because they would lose their literary use as they would be just as foreign as everything else in the 24th century is to the viewer. We know who Shakespear is and what gangster movies are like, we do not know of the tales of adventures that were had on Andorian ER or Mars Five-O. Even still, we can see the influence of future sports through Parrises squares, Anbo-jyutsu and Klingon calisthenics as well as games such as light cube table, Terrace, Three-dimensional chess, Vulcan chess, Ktarian game, Strategema, Double jack and Barokie. All of those were featured in the Roddenberry era, once you get outside of that many more sports and games are shown.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    The thing I never understood about Star Trek: Voyager was why would the writers have Q show up several times, but not have him return the crew to the Alpha Quadrant? I don't think any excuses they used for him NOT to return the crew home made much sense.

I'm also surprised that Q didn't show up on "Star Trek: Enterprise."
    The first Voyager episode he appeared on was Death Wish, thus the crew was brought to Q's attention by their meddling in Continuum affairs. The second time, he was brought to Voyager so as to mate with Janeway. The third time, he dropped off his son (because Janeway was his godmother). Unlike with Jean-Luc and the Enterprise, Q never really just stopped by for fun, he always had a purpose visiting Voyager.

IIRC the only excuse Q gave as to not sending them home was to set a good example for his son by not meddling (too much). Plus... Had Future Janeway not altered the timeline, I am sure Q knew/presumed he was going to visit many more times.

Q did not appear in Enterprise because humans were beneath his notice up until TNG.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 05-07-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Wait... to which question? Because Data is fully functional.
    Uhh...... the first question. No robot love for me unless we are talking about Andrea from TOS episode What Are Little Girls Made Of.

As for the ladies, I have always been a Troi fan with the reboot Carol Marcus running a close second.

Astonishing Member

ive always liked janeway

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire Sarigar View Post
    Kirk made it clear he thought it was stupid and he had not learned the supposed error of his ways before the end.
    Wait, having watched the scene again, he was chewed for lying on his logs.

By the way, I laughed a little at Kirk not having lost a single crew member... heh, that's going to change.

Did they beat Jadzias kiss with her ex-wife?
    Turns out LA Law beat all of them in 1991. There was a big fuzz about it too as the creators stood by their decision. That should have been Next Generation's fuzz.

Which I like a hell of a lot better than some of the 24th century "oh well, too bad for them" attitude, as much as I agree with the Prime Directive in general.
    It has made some otherwise good TNG episodes hard to watch. I agree with SFDebris and other critics who said that it became as dogmatic as a religion.

I wonder if they got Pa' Kent's attitude towards the First Contact in Man Of Steel from Star Trek TNG.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that Beverly Crusher and Susan Storm pretty much tie as the hottest moms in fiction as far as I'm concerned.

I have never seen this question asked so here goes.

Do you guys have a favorite ship? A specific version of the Enterprise or a ship used by one of Starfleets allies?
    What about your favorite villain ship?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Do you guys have a favorite ship? A specific version of the Enterprise or a ship used by one of Starfleets allies?
    Favorite ship? Defiant-class... No, Galaxy-class... No, Akira-class... No, Excelsior-class! Too many to choose from!

Favorite version of the Enterprise: NCC-1701-D bar none, although the B was a fine looking ship.

Starfleet Allies: The Suurok-class Vulcan cruiser. I really like the warp drive ring.

Starfleet enemies: D'deridex class Romulan Warbird. I love how much empty space the ship has, it just looks so alien.

I like the Enterprise as shown on the movie remakes. It looks right size, I thought the Next Generation version was very large.

Captain Nero's ship, Narada.

BANNED

I really like Enterprise-E. Acording to SciFI Debris (thanks to MikeP for introducing me to his videos BTW) It was done to illustrate how the Federation and the crew of the Enterprise had become more militarized after The Borg attack, I don't really get the same warship vibe I just think it looks sexy.

I really like Enterprise-E. Acording to SciFI Debris (thanks to MikeP for introducing me to his videos BTW) It was done to illustrate how the Federation and the crew of the Enterprise had become more militarized after The Borg attack, I don't really get the same warship vibe I just think it looks sexy.
    It definitely has a lot of Voyager the design. But sexier
    Life is but a dream