Page 50 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Has anyone talked to Avery Brooks about coming back as Sisko in Picard or giving him his own show?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has anyone talked to Avery Brooks about coming back as Sisko in Picard or giving him his own show?
    As much as I loved Brooks as Benjamin Sisko, I would be totally flabbergasted if he ever returned to the role in any form.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    As much as I loved Brooks as Benjamin Sisko, I would be totally flabbergasted if he ever returned to the role in any form.
    Yeah, he's pretty much made it clear he's finished with Trek altogether, and has nothing left to say about it. He didn't even want to be interviewed for the "What We Left Behind" doc last year.

So unfortunate...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I mean, did anyone see him in The Captains? I'm okay with him leaving it as is.

Also, it is okay to have taken a role, been great in it, and just let that be it. Not everything needs a revival 30 years later. I wish Picard hadn't happened after what we ended up getting. This nostalgia revival trip pop culture is on isn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I mean, did anyone see him in The Captains? I'm okay with him leaving it as is.
    Eh, I've had professors that act like he did in that interview, especially whenever they hosted class dinners and events at their homes. Answering questions with more questions is what they kinda do.

Though I agree that he's likely not going to return to the role any time soon, if ever. Nothing short of an act by the Prophets, at least.

I just meant that he seemed largely disinterested in Star Trek, and reliving the experience.

I don’t want Sisko: Paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So I just watched Star Trek: The Motion picture again for kicks, and something occurred to me:

Why was Decker demoted?

In TMP, Admiral Kirk manages to get command of the Enterprise back to intercept V'Ger, taking it away from Decker, who was a Captain. So he goes to the ship, takes Decker aside, tells him that he (Kirk) will be commanding the Enterprise and that Decker will stay on, with his rank temporarily reduced to Commander. And during the rest of the movie, the crew all call Kirk 'Captain Kirk'.

And yet in The Wrath of Khan, when Kirk assumed command of the Enterprise over Spock, not only was he still 'Admiral Kirk', but Spock also remained a Captain.

So why was Decker demoted? It feels like the movie went out of it's way to insult and degrade Decker at every turn, and it's just bizarre.

The movies kind of were a bit weird with the ranks. I think in TWOK it was presumed that this would be a one-time thing (And Kirk only assumed command reluctantly this time).

I think his assignments as Admiral in TMP and TWOK were a bit different, in TMP apparently it was more of a command thing while basically in TWOK he was pretty much more of a desk job. Although it's not really clarified it's generally thought a decade and a half passed between TMP and TWOK because TMP is only set a two years after TOS while TWOK pretty much gives Khan's exile as happening 17 years ago. (This actually works for TWOK since Shatner and the others actually look a lot older than TMP despite it being filmed only a few years later, because Shatner and co. were told to get into shape to resemble their 1960's selves but TWOK deals heavily with aging).

By Star Trek V the Enterprise has *three* captains, Kirk, Spock and Scotty as well! Kind of works well for Spock considering he's pretty much in command in VI for a good chunk of the movie anyway.

Kind of feel bad for Chekhov too. In TMP he's chief security and tactical officer like Worf later on, then becomes first officer of the Reliant, and even when he returns to the Enterprise he briefly gets the TMP station back. Then in TFSF he's back to navigator, then also bounced around to science officer and then communications, before becoming navigator permanently for the rest of the movies.

Some of the Captain Sulu novels actually have him become Sulu's first officer on Excelsior after he leaves the Enterprise.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

If you're curious about the new Lower Decks show, but don't subscribe to CBS All Access, they did post the pilot on YouTube for free as a limited time offer.

(They also put up a behind the scenes feature hosted by Wil Wheaton with a lot of behind the scenes material and explanation at how the show was designed.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am not going to say what I think about how telling not doing the marathon outside the USA is CBS basically saying to Netflix and Amazon, but it’s probably pretty rude.

This sounds like a DC Fandome rip-off.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    This sounds like a DC Fandome rip-off.
    Ohh, with all its different spin-offs and Trek very quickly on track to surpassing all their other franchises in that regard, CBS is definitely not afraid of ripping off ideas.

I just found Star Trek Renegades on you tube last night. I watch 40 mins before bed. Gotta say for a fan made movie I was quite impressed so far.

Wondering what others thought of it

Saw Renegades. Was okay for a fan film (and interesting to see actors reprising their roles), but it was kinda slow and didn't make a lot of sense (how could Khan have a daughter a century hafter he died?). Not surprised CBS passed on producing it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Saw Renegades. Was okay for a fan film (and interesting to see actors reprising their roles), but it was kinda slow and didn't make a lot of sense (how could Khan have a daughter a century hafter he died?). Not surprised CBS passed on producing it.
    Didnt really have a problem with the Kahn Daughter thing. After all Kahn himeslf was over a century old. Not to mention his people were genetically engineered. A Checov that eas 144 and am admiral im starfleet Intelligence that we hadn't seen in TNG, DS9, Voyager etc was a little harder to believe, but surprisingly I didn't care.