Page 56 of 183 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Ultimate Member

Just a quick question, what moment in Star Trek, each series, just pissed you off the most and still does, for me on Enterprise the whole episode with the Borg, Archer is just to nice and unwilling to kill...yeah he couldn't know how bad the Borg really were until it was to late and all...but still...then the Ferengi episode and later on in TNG when they say that Starfleet doesn't know much about the Ferengi, they'd have footage of them and their language as wouldn't the ship have recorded them during their attack and such...

Archer's views certainly changed over the course of the episode as he saw firsthand how dangerous and devious the Borg were, and remember that he also read Zefram Cochrane's speech about evil cyborgs from the future out to enslave humanity. Archer went from hoping to save those captured to realizing he couldn't save them, that trying would mean more deaths, and that blowing them all to Hell was the only option.

An Archer action I can't abide is from 'Dear Doctor' where he unilaterally decides to withhold a vaccine and allow a whole sentient species to die out simply because another sentient species on the planet was gaining more intelligence. This was not how any Prime Directive would spontaneously form; 'Cogenitor' is a far better example. Nothing in Archer's experience and morality up to this point would lead to deciding to let billions die, and certainly not the possibility that another species might be impeded by the survival of the dying one. I never rewatch this episode since it [obviously] still makes me very angry.

The Ferengi episode was bad, so I just try not to remember it. Even Trip running around in underwear for 1/2 of it can't save it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Episodes that have scenes like that in it, the Tripp in his underwear, always makes me wish that I could see the look on the face of the actor when he/she read said scene...

As to Archer he always seemed to slow to change about the Borg, like he always thought the best of everybody that they met until proven beyond a shadow of a doubt otherwise, often to late to really do anything about it...he was to nice and good and all of that imho...he should have been more rough around the edges...

And he became very rough around the edges during and after s3. Seeing him go from optimistic human previously mostly bound to his solar system to weary soldier who has traveled the deadly stars and through time works perfectly for me. The fact that he regains some of that wonder and optimism in s4 is very Trek and a positive example for those who have undergone severe trauma.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Just a quick question, what moment in Star Trek, each series, just pissed you off the most and still does, for me on Enterprise the whole episode with the Borg, Archer is just to nice and unwilling to kill...yeah he couldn't know how bad the Borg really were until it was to late and all...but still...then the Ferengi episode and later on in TNG when they say that Starfleet doesn't know much about the Ferengi, they'd have footage of them and their language as wouldn't the ship have recorded them during their attack and such...
    Enterprise: It's one annoying moment after another for me - I couldn't possibly pick just one!

TOS: It is what it is. I gets a lot of passes from me for being a product of its time.

TNG: Would have to be the eleventh hour romance between Worf & Troi. It made no sense. I don't know if I should appreciate the fact that it got so little screen time, or wish it had gotten more. At least then they might've justified it a bit.

DS9: I know it was the result of behind the scenes drama, but I still haven't forgiven them for killing Jadzia Dax. While the final season is still quite good overall, they could've put all that time introducing/establishing Ezri toward the existing characters.

VOY: Unlike DS9 which made the best of a bad situation and still turned out a great final season, Voyager did the opposite. While I don't think Seven & Chakotay were as out of left field as Worf & Troi, it was still ham fisted and unnecessary. The shows premise lent itself perfectly to a more serialized batch of final episodes, and they squandered the chance by just doing more of the same. Yes there were a few standouts, but how much more satisfying would it have been if they'd actually returned to Earth midseason (or a little later), and we were given the chance to see the crew reestablish themselves and catch up with their families and the rest of Starfleet as a whole? I'd have personally loved that.

Discovery and Picard are still in production, so it's tough to point out a "most annoying" moment without the benefit of a full picture/body of work.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post

TOS: It was made so far before my time that it gets a pass from me on most things. I didn’t like that we meet Kirk’s brother and he’s dead, I felt that was wasted potential.

TNG: Very little actually bothers me about this series. Maybe Geordi being all creepy about Leah Brahms. I feel he should’ve had a bit more swagger.

DS9: Again, very little to dislike about this show. Probably whenever Lwaxana Troi showed up.

VOY: My wife sporadically mentions how what they did to Tuvix was unforgivable. I liked that moral dilemma though. I’d say them leaving behind Tom and Janeway’s lizard babies on some random planet is what bothered me most.

ENT: I’m not a prude, but those decontamination rub-down scenes were so out of place and gratuitous that they are just embarrassing to watch.

DIS: Pretty much everything Michael does.

PIC: The needlessly gory way they casually murdered Icheb. I’m not against gore in general, but not like that and not in Star Trek. They even recast the character just to brutally off him.

Lower Decks: I thought I’d hate the show but ended up kind of liking it. It was clearly made by people who know and love Trek (unlike some other shows...), though I’d have tamped down some of the more cartoonish elements... like Boimler getting tossed in the air repeatedly while being chewed by a giant bug as if he was While E. Coyote.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    TOS: It was made so far before my time that it gets a pass from me on most things. I didn’t like that we meet Kirk’s brother and he’s dead, I felt that was wasted potential.

TNG: Very little actually bothers me about this series. Maybe Geordi being all creepy about Leah Brahms. I feel he should’ve had a bit more swagger.

DS9: Again, very little to dislike about this show. Probably whenever Lwaxana Troi showed up.

VOY: My wife sporadically mentions how what they did to Tuvix was unforgivable. I liked that moral dilemma though. I’d say them leaving behind Tom and Janeway’s lizard babies on some random planet is what bothered me most.

ENT: I’m not a prude, but those decontamination rub-down scenes were so out of place and gratuitous that they are just embarrassing to watch.

DIS: Pretty much everything Michael does.

PIC: The needlessly gory way they casually murdered Icheb. I’m not against gore in general, but not like that and not in Star Trek. They even recast the character just to brutally off him.

Lower Decks: I thought I’d hate the show but ended up kind of liking it. It was clearly made by people who know and love Trek (unlike some other shows...), though I’d have tamped down some of the more cartoonish elements... like Boimler getting tossed in the air repeatedly while being chewed by a giant bug as if he was While E. Coyote.
    I think Kirk's brother was actually William Shatner with a fake mustache. Makes you wonder if Kirk was a twin. "Johnny" from the reboot movie was actually supposed to be his brother too (The name was changed when his scenes were mostly cut); he's older so it seems that George and Wynonna had another son before Jim who wasn't on the Kelvin or something.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-04-2021 at 07:34 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The first Star Trek Film is being shown on this streaming channel called Dust.

I'm wondering: Persis Khambataa was so beautiful. I'm wondering why there was never a follow up on her Ilia character, in the follow-up Trek Series like Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, or Voyager? It could have been interesting. Captain Decker could have had a follow-up as well.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ilia

With "Picard" the moment was when we never saw the two best new characters ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The first Star Trek Film is being shown on this streaming channel called Dust.

I'm wondering: Persis Khambataa was so beautiful. I'm wondering why there was never a follow up on her Ilia character, in the follow-up Trek Series like Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, or Voyager? It could have been interesting. Captain Decker could have had a follow-up as well.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ilia
    Well, in a sense, they were.... Riker and Troi are basically the same concept, with the names changed (Some of TNG's early ideas are recycled from the unmade Star Trek Phase II, whose pilot was eventually made into TMP).

You can see Illia's species in the films here and there, although of course they're just bald people pretty much similar to humans but several extras in IV and VI's diplomatic scenes in particular were intended to represent the Deltans. There's also one in III on the Excelsior but it looks like the bald cap was put on wrong so she wound up looking like a Telosian instead.

However, the Decker/Illia/V'ger entity "born" at the end of TMP was never followed up on if that's what you mean (Although V'ger has showed up in other media in it's machine/cloud form). The closest we got was the Christopher Bennett novel "Ex Machina".
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-19-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member

Man, I would love to see this show. I hope if happens someday.

Star Trek: The Worf Chronicles: Michael Dorn Hopes CBS Will Pick Up His Script Focused On The Klingon Empire

"I'm still hoping for Star Trek: The Worf Chronicles. A few years ago, I wrote a script, still sitting right over there about the Worf Chronicles, a show or a spinoff that is about Worf. And hopefully, people will talk to other people and get to CBS All Access, and maybe they'll do something about it someday.

I wrote this probably 10 or 12 years ago. And we got a lot of interest at one point, and then it waned, and then we got another lot of interest, and then it waned again. So, I haven't done much rewriting. It's been sitting there, and I think it's a great idea.

Instead of Starfleet looking at the Klingon empire, we are in the Klingon Empire looking at Starfleet. As you know, Klingons are very Shakespearian, very big. There are coups, and assassinations, and political intrigue, and all that stuff. And a lot of slicing and killing."

I have Paramount Plus and I plan to watch every Star Trek series in chronological order, beginning with Star Trek: Enterprise. What are the highlights of the Enterprise series?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I have Paramount Plus and I plan to watch every Star Trek series in chronological order, beginning with Star Trek: Enterprise. What are the highlights of the Enterprise series?
    The series premiere. After that, it's all downhill...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Seasons 3 and 4 are when the show completely figured itself out. "Future Tense" and "Regeneration" were also pretty good single episodes.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)