Page 68 of 182 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2730

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Honestly, I think Enterprise-A could've been an Excelsior class and it would've been cool.

The Constellation was newer so I think it works better as Picard's previous ship
    Funny thing about the old DC comics is also that Sulu was supposed to be Excelsior's captain (although of course that concept finally was brought in VI). Apparentally the Excelsior actually dates back to TWOK's script, where Sulu was supposed to get command after the "little training cruise" (The scene hasn't been available but there is a weird edit in TWOK where this dialogue would've probably been). However I don't think the idea of it being a sort of advanced experimental ship came up until III was in development (and there's absolutely nothing in III about Sulu assuming command, although he does drop the Transwarp drive exposition). For all we know it was going to be another Constitution.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Funny thing about the old DC comics is also that Sulu was supposed to be Excelsior's captain (although of course that concept finally was brought in VI). Apparentally the Excelsior actually dates back to TWOK's script, where Sulu was supposed to get command after the "little training cruise" (The scene hasn't been available but there is a weird edit in TWOK where this dialogue would've probably been). However I don't think the idea of it being a sort of advanced experimental ship came up until III was in development (and there's absolutely nothing in III about Sulu assuming command, although he does drop the Transwarp drive exposition). For all we know it was going to be another Constitution.
    Interesting.

Although it's a little odd to see all these characters stuck in the same jobs for 25 years.

The first two season of Star Trek: Discovery were really good. I just finished Season 3 of Discovery and found it a step down from the first two seasons.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The first two season of Star Trek: Discovery were really good. I just finished Season 3 of Discovery and found it a step down from the first two seasons.
    Ok. Why do you feel that?

BANNED

I don't think any season has been graet to be honest. the first season was an average relay start, the next seasons have been bad relay baton passers. I agree with most fans that the only great aspect of Season 2 was Captain Pike. The overarching plot of season 2 is laughable. Season 3, the hype about the Burn and the reveal of what caused the Burn is a bad service to what Star Trek writing can be.

Interesting.

Although it's a little odd to see all these characters stuck in the same jobs for 25 years.
    Originally Star Trek VI was going to open with the characters in new jobs or retired. There seems to still be some traces of this in the final script; some of the dialogue in the early scenes suggest that the crew hasn't been together for a while.

Ok. Why do you feel that?
    Season Two was best because of Captain Pike and Spock. The show balances more characters than other Star Trek shows. The best characters are Tilly and Saru. Michael Burnham is the show's weakness. Of the five captains that the Discovery has had, I like her the least.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Originally Star Trek VI was going to open with the characters in new jobs or retired. There seems to still be some traces of this in the final script; some of the dialogue in the early scenes suggest that the crew hasn't been together for a while.
    That would've made more sense

Season Two was best because of Captain Pike and Spock. The show balances more characters than other Star Trek shows. The best characters are Tilly and Saru. Michael Burnham is the show's weakness. Of the five captains that the Discovery has had, I like her the least.
    Ok. I don't disagree with some of those points, although I wouldn't call Tilly one of the best characters on the show.

But I though S3 had much less Michael relative to other main characters, and didn't just focus on her drama

BANNED

In season 3, both Tilly and Saru were captain at some point but for like how many episodes? usually this is a staple for poor writing. when characters cannot maintain something for a long time and moves on fast to something else.

I don't know how or why the show ended with Burnham as captain. Also her relationship with Book was very undercooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I don't know how or why the show ended with Burnham as captain.
    It was always more of a case of "when" rather than "if" Burnham became captain. Had it not been for the Federation-Klingon War (and her earlier mutiny), Burnham would have likely became captain of a different ship during that time, IMO. DSC does kind of show that her road to the captaincy was rocky and had a great deal of luck involved.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Some project with Starfleet Academy has been kicked around, dusted off for the last 25yrs I feel like. It then had a life in novel and comic form at one point.

I welcome the idea. For me I've head canon'd this type of series like Deep Space Nine. One main location with excursions to a few other places. Lots of opportunities to do more with other Federation under utilized species. I think the comic used an Andorian as a main character. Maybe live action could give us one as well. The Tellerites are vastly under exposed.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm surprised it took them this long-SA had games , novels, comics but never a TV show or movie (unless you count about 15 minutes of the reboot).

Okay. Wouldn't have suggested it myself, but why not?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I believe that the actors who played Sarek and Amanda Grayson on Discovery were better than the original actors. Would anyone else agree?