Page 69 of 183 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2736
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I believe that the actors who played Sarek and Amanda Grayson on Discovery were better than the original actors. Would anyone else agree?
    I find that hard to compare because the DISC interpretations were given so much more to do script-wise. Mark Lenard's performance in the TNG ep, "Sarek" was pretty dang good.

Ultimate Member

I believe that the actors who played Sarek and Amanda Grayson on Discovery were better than the original actors. Would anyone else agree?
    Idk. I though Lenard did a good job as Sarek.

I feel like they're two different incarnations and can't really judge, almost like how I can't really compare the JJcrew to the TOS crew since they occupy different spaces. (I know it's not quite accurate and maybe I haven't explained it adequately, but that's how I feel).

By contrast, though, I do feel like Anson Mount infused Christopher Pike with way more personality and charisma than Jeffrey Hunter if we take just Mount's first episode (and thus had less screen time than Hunter).

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I feel like they're two different incarnations and can't really judge, almost like how I can't really compare the JJcrew to the TOS crew since they occupy different spaces. (I know it's not quite accurate and maybe I haven't explained it adequately, but that's how I feel).

By contrast, though, I do feel like Anson Mount infused Christopher Pike with way more personality and charisma than Jeffrey Hunter if we take just Mount's first episode (and thus had less screen time than Hunter).
    I can see where people get that, and I adored Mount's performance. That said, I keep in mind that the one script Hunter got had him playing a dude whose heart had been burned out of him by responsibility and loss. He was showing a bit more perk at the end of the pilot, and I've always wondered what his Captain Pike might have looked like week to week. Personally, I think he would have looked a lot more like Jean-Luc Picard, but then, we probably wouldn't have gotten the Mr Spock that we all know and love.

Playmobil unveils epic Star Trek USS Enterprise NCC-1701 playset
    https://www.space.com/playmobil-star...ayset-revealed

My kids love Playmobil and my youngest is my Trekkie. She loves the OG and Kelvin stuff. She was showing me this set the other day. "This is all I want for Christmas. Nothing else! When you insert the dilithium crystal in engineering, the warp drive is activated and the ship is on! When the core is knocked out, an alarm sounds! Isn't that cool!?"

That is pretty cool and a nice touch, IMHO.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-10-2021 at 10:36 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    My kids love Playmobil and my youngest is my Trekkie. She loves the OG and Kelvin stuff. She was showing me this set the other day. "This is all I want for Christmas. Nothing else! When you insert the dilithium crystal in engineering, the warp drive is activated and the ship is on! When the core is knocked out, an alarm sounds! Isn't that cool!?"

That is pretty cool and a nice touch, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I think Mount and Peck were better than their Abrams counterparts; Peck sounds far closer to Nimoy (or at least 60's Nimoy; by the movies his smoking had made his voice somewhat more gravelly) than Quinto's version (although Quinto of course is from a different timeline but that doesn't mean he'd sound totally different).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think Mount and Peck were better than their Abrams counterparts; Peck sounds far closer to Nimoy (or at least 60's Nimoy; by the movies his smoking had made his voice somewhat more gravelly) than Quinto's version (although Quinto of course is from a different timeline but that doesn't mean he'd sound totally different).
    IMHO, it was in the writing; the DSC versions were written in way that felt closer to the original counterparts (although I thought that Mount's Pike was a good middle ground between the original somber Pike and the more lively one in the Abrams movies). (Although, to be fair to the Abrams cast, Karl Urban did such a good job channeling the TV McCoy that the others did feel off by comparison, even when the intent wasn't to make them different for this series.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Pike seemed a lot closer in age to Spock in DSC than in the Kelvin movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Pike seemed a lot closer in age to Spock in DSC than in the Kelvin movies.
    Yeah, Greenwood is nearly twenty years older than Mount.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Boisterously Confused

Well, relative ages of the characters seemed like they were all over the map in the Kelvin-verse.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Well, relative ages of the characters seemed like they were all over the map in the Kelvin-verse.
    That's true. Sulu seemed older relative to the other characters in the Kelvin verse as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    In the Kelin-verse that started with Star Trek 2009. Kirk was around 25 after spending 3 years in Starfleet Academy. Spock I think was born 3 years before Kirk , so that will make Spock around 28. Uhura and Sulu should be around the same age as Kirk. I think Bones is in his early 30s. Chekov said he was 17.

Discovery gave Greenwood gray hairs, Mount looked a lot older than he actually is in Discovery. I have no doubt the make up was done that way on purpose.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

WOW!!

Me: Hey honey, did we make plans for any more stimulus money coming in?
    Her: Why?
    Me: I know what can be done with it.

Conversation should be just that short and simple.....right?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime