Page 70 of 183 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2736

I'm on Discovery season 3 now. I guess eventually Michael learns about Spock's later adventures from what I've read ahead.

Do they ever find out about Pike's fate (I know Pike himself is somewhat aware because of the time crystal)? I'm guessing Michael would feel it has a happy ending as she knew the Talosians could at least give him the illusion of being mobile/talking.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Do they ever find out about Pike's fate (I know Pike himself is somewhat aware because of the time crystal)? I'm guessing Michael would feel it has a happy ending as she knew the Talosians could at least give him the illusion of being mobile/talking.
    Not a word on screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

I'm on Discovery season 3 now. I guess eventually Michael learns about Spock's later adventures from what I've read ahead.

Discovery season 3 does not dwell much on the events and characters left behind in season 1 and 2.

Kind of curious if SNW will deal with that in some form (although we've already 'seen' the accident).

I am watching the original series. I am shocked that it took until the 26th episode to introduce the Klingons.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I am watching the original series. I am shocked that it took until the 26th episode to introduce the Klingons.
    Yeah, despite their reputation as "the villains" of TOS, they really appear a handful of times.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The Romulans appear even less-and one of their appearences (The Deadly Years) is just stock footage from Balance of Power. They also only show up in the last two TOS movies too (Unless you count Saavik) They're a much more significant threat in TNG though.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Yeah, despite their reputation as "the villains" of TOS, they really appear a handful of times.
    The Romulans appear even less-and one of their appearences (The Deadly Years) is just stock footage from Balance of Power. They also only show up in the last two TOS movies too (Unless you count Saavik) They're a much more significant threat in TNG though.
    They were both Cold War Soviet proxies, and TOS was a lot less about military adventure than the franchise became over time. I seem to remember reading somewhere that there weren't originally supposed to be Klingons, but Romulan makeup was too expensive.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I heard Romulan ears were more expensive than brown Klingon face paint. Ironic considering Klingons later gained facial ridges. Double ironic considering Romulans also did.

Funny thing is Picard just kind of threw both types of Romulans in the series-although also probably because two Romulans were undercover in Starfleet.

Ultimate Member

I always thought the Romulans having ridges was unnecessary anyway

Funny thing is Picard just kind of threw both types of Romulans in the series-although also probably because two Romulans were undercover in Starfleet.
    Well, seeing how TOS and all the movies based on that show had used different makeup from TNG onwards, I liked how that officially acknowledged that both types coexisted.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

I remember thinking that a show like this was going to be what came after Deep Space 9 ended,

Imagine my confusion when the Enterprise series was announced.

Ultimate Member

Star Trek: Prodigy?