Page 85 of 183 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2736
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Star Trek: Prodigy has been renewed for a 2nd season.
    Has anyone watched this? How is it?

I've seen the first 2 episodes of Prodigy and I am looking forward for more episodes. It has a Dragon Prince vibe too it. I don't know if kids are gonna like it though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Star Trek: Prodigy has been renewed for a 2nd season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Has anyone watched this? How is it?
    I've seen the first two(three?) episodes. They essentially released ep1&2 as one long debut. Which is good cause that way Janeway shows up a bit faster.

I don't have another kid targeted show to compare it to, never heard of Dragon Prince.
    I'll say this, the animation is nice. The characters seem interesting to me in more of a Farscape manner than anything Trek to date.
    I'm going to watch the whole thing as I don't think they are drafting it to be super transparent as of yet. These stowaways have a lot to learn about the ship, themselves and each other.

I predict that if you are someone coming in for lots of answers right away, you're going to be disappointed and call the show childish meandering rubbish(or some such).
    However, if you are someone who likes the exploration and discovery of new things in a universe you've always thought you've known then you are likely to enjoy Prodigy.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

If Captain Picard is French, then why does he speak with a British accent?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

...and the less flippant answers as taken from the web...
    He and the rest of his family speak English, with English accents—the French language having become obscure by the 24th century, as mentioned in the Next Generation episode "Code of Honor".

Despite Picard having been born in France, he had a distinct English accent. According to TNG: "Code of Honor", by the 24th century, French was considered an archaic language. Picard remembered French children's songs like "Frère Jacques," as mentioned in TNG: "Disaster" and played by him on the Ressikan flute in TNG: "The Inner Light". He also occasionally cursed "merde" in times of stress, such as in "The Last Outpost" and "Elementary, Dear Data", and spoke at least basic French.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    There is a joke in the early season of The Next Generation that French is a dead language. In hindsight, its a really bizarre, anti-French joke that seems so out of place that it probably isn't canon. I mean, one of the benefits of a universal translator is that they can actual preserve languages.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 11-09-2021 at 03:45 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member

It's possible he's not actually using any kind of British accent and we just hear it like that because of Patrick Stewart.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    It's possible he's not actually using any kind of British accent and we just hear it like that because of Patrick Stewart.
    It's one of those things were they probably should have just dropped the French angle, they had decided Stewart was their guy and should have just made the captain British.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's one of those things were they probably should have just dropped the French angle, they had decided Stewart was their guy and should have just made the captain British.
    Or at least have him grow up in the UK

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

switch picard to british and re-roll riker into a french/cajun so he can keep his trombone playing and plus he gets the winery
    Last edited by The Gold Stream; 11-09-2021 at 08:44 PM. Reason: trombone* not trumpet

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    switch picard to british and re-roll riker into a french/cajun so he can keep his trombone playing and plus he gets the winery
    Riker = Gambit!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Riker = Gambit!
    Don't make Riker worse!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Riker = Gambit!
    This is the best thing I've read this morning. Riker, as we all know loves his Poker!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That probably would have worked really well.

Not that what we got was bad mind you, Stewart as French never really took me out of a story it just never made a whole lot of sense to me either though.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Riker says that humans no longer enslave animals for food. Humans eat meat but it comes out of the replicators. Does this development make you happy?